Question for twin moms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mommas! I have a question for all of you who experienced twins. For a while now, my midwife and i have been thinking we hear twins on the doppler. Now i am measuring 3 weeks big. Odd thing is my fundal height changes. One day i measure big then two days later it matches the week. She thinks that if it is twins then it could be their positioning. When we listen on the doppler we hear one clear galloping heart beat somewhere and the we will find a softerter one somewhere else. We know you can hear one heartbeat in multiple places but finally two day ago while i was laying on my side i had her check and we found one really loud galloping one on the bottom and then finally another galloping up top near pubic bone. It was so different then what we had been hearing and figure one is behind the other and by lying on my side, got one to move do we could hear it better. Does this sound like anyone elses experience. I have a gut feeling its two and am going to get an ultasound done in the next week or so to see...what do you think?
#2 of 6 Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 AM

It very well could be!! My twin boys heartbeats were distinctly different in their pace. If it is twins feel free to reach out to me. I know I had a lot of questions when I became pregnant with twins. Let me know what happens at you ultrasound.

#3 of 6 Old 12-27-2012, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

I have my ultrasound on wednesday! Will update then smile.gif
#4 of 6 Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

So I had my ultrasound yesterday! No twins, just a healthy baby boy! I do have an anterior placenta which would be the reason that I don't feel him move across the belly as much. We were watching him and she said oh he's moving, you feel it? And as I watched him move across my belly, I didn't really feel it. That would explain why I would feel jabs and kicks on one side and then more on the other side because I wouldn't feel him moe over. That was nice to know. Ecstatic to know I'm having another boy, twins or not!
#5 of 6 Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I have an anterior placenta too. I can hear my own heartbeat on my doppler at the spot that I am guessing the cord is inserted into my placenta.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#6 of 6 Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah. I am SO loud on the doppler. It sounds like a blizzard in there. Haha.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page