Partners at prenatals? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband didn't go to any prenatal appointments with me, with either kid. It never occurred to me to ask him to come to any, nor be upset or concerned by him not being interested in coming, either. I did call him so he was on the cell phone when we had an ultrasound and found out the sex. We're kind of an "absence makes the heart grow fonder" kind of couple, anyway.   Shrug.    I probably would have been more annoyed than anything having him there, really.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#32 of 34 Old 01-03-2013, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

He would go if I asked him to and if I made them on days that he could go but I usually just take whatever day works best for me as far as if I want a babysitter for DD or not. (2 year olds are not so helpful in prenatals) I do like when he comes though because I feel like the doctors don't try and push things on me as much as they do when he is gone. If I or we say no when DH is there they move onto the next thing rather than try and persuade me otherwise.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#33 of 34 Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 PM

He came to a few of them. It wasn't often practical for him to go as he'd have to find somebody to cover his classes or reschedule his office hours, and I didn't really care about having him come to the routine ones. He did attend the ultrasound and the big pre-birth one where we discussed our birth preferences. Next time I get pregnant, whenever that might be, I anticipate it'll be the same, with both of us juggling our screwy irregular work schedules. 

eta: He also came to one early on when I had some questions for the doc about ultrasounds and where the provider I saw at the previous visit had made me uneasy. And he attempted to come to the next one after that, which was our interview with a different provider's office, but got stuck in traffic and was way late. 

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#34 of 34 Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 AM

Dh comes to the interviews where we pick out a HCP.  (We've been in a different state for each baby.)  Then he comes to the 20 week ultrasound and the appointment where the midwife comes to the house to go over supplies/ birthing stuff.

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 bikenew.gif,  DS2 jog.gif, missing our angel.gif, and another babyf.gif on the way!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 belly.gif23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page