Infertility ONE Thread Graduates - Winter 2012/2013 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 88 Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies. I have been fairly quiet lately because we've been dealing with a lot over here. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and is having surgery next week. It has been very hard. She is a Thyroid Cancer survivor, and it just doesn't seem fair that she has to go through this again, with an even scarier cancer. I've been trying not to get too stressed out because I don't want it to hurt Birdie. We are 14 weeks along now.

Deborah - I am so glad you have found the wonderful adoption agency you have and that you and DH are on the same page. I know you will be an amazing mother.

jenger - welcome! I'm so glad you are pregnant with #2 after all that time. I'm not sure I have any tips on making it to the 12 week mark. I tried to keep distracted, but it wasn't always easy. If you're having any symptoms, I know that feeling them helped assure me that things were still ok. Even at 14 weeks I am still nervous, but am feeling much better about things. Also, posting here does help. The wonderful women here really do get it because they've been through it. I can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy.

wissa - time seems to go so quickly! I can't believe she is 4 months already.

cait - I hope everything is going well.

monkey - it's good to see your name! I hope teething isn't too awful for you guys stillheart.gif

AFM - besides what I already posted, we haven't been able to get in with a midwife because they are all completely booked. I started seeing an OB, but we are on several wait lists. I like our OB, so we'll see how it goes. She did a quickie ultrasound at our first appointment and this time Birdie was bouncing around like crazy (the first ultrasound she/he was sleeping and they had to wake him/her up). Here's the picture, it's from 10 days ago..

My nausea hasn't gone away yet. I'm still throwing up several times a day, but haven't been feeling much of anything else. My stomach is hard now, but I'm still not showing. Maybe in a few more weeks.

Lots of good thoughts to everyone!

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#62 of 88 Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello!

Dipping my toe in the graduates thread after my BFP Monday. Successful IVF with good beta levels Monday and wed (329/650). First u/s is march 8th (seems like forever from now!!!). My first IVF ended in m/c at 8 weeks in October, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm nauseous as all heck already. BBs are not as sore but have suddenly popped out huge. they had just barely back gone down from the last round when I started IVF #2. So I'm guessing not as much pain since they didn't have much resistance while re-inflating smile.gif lol.

Question for anyone with hypo thyroid issues: Curious if anyone here is dealing with thyroid issues? I'm trying to figure out how often to monitor. I am taking meds due to being hypo. Pre IVF everything was pretty good -- TSH was 1.5 week before IVF but was 2.5 yesterday. Still below 3 so in the "OK" range but still... So am curious how often I should push for testing it. Anyone else have experience that they can share? Thanks.

Thanks!!

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

#63 of 88 Old 02-14-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothfairy2be View Post

Jenger- I'm in the same boat, every milestone an immediate relief followed by sheer terror of what could happen next. I don't have any words of wisdom to offer since I think I'm only due a few days before you. We will survive this. Even after 12 weeks there's still so much to worry about!

Yes, a roller coaster!  I scheduled and ultrasound at what I think is exactly 7 weeks - next Saturday - and I think that will give me some real reassurance.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

. I bought some shelves to help with the organizing process and as he was putting them together he read the part about small parts that could be hazardous to small children. I said, we don't have small children and he said, but we will. I love that he finally made it clear to me that we are truly on the same page. I was having a hard time reading him.

SO Sweet - that's nice to know, through all of this unfair crap you have had to go through, that your husband is committed as you are to make a family! Families are made is so many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppyluv View Post

Question for anyone with hypo thyroid issues: Curious if anyone here is dealing with thyroid issues? I'm trying to figure out how often to monitor. I am taking meds due to being hypo. Pre IVF everything was pretty good -- TSH was 1.5 week before IVF but was 2.5 yesterday. Still below 3 so in the "OK" range but still... So am curious how often I should push for testing it. Anyone else have experience that they can share? Thanks.

Congratulations!  We should be just a couple weeks apart, I am 7 weeks tomorrow, and REALLY hoping for a sticky one!

I have thyroid issues - I haven't really been monitoring them too much, 'cause I have been feeling goos (And I had given up on a baby...)  I feel pretty crappy at 2.5, I know that.  I read somewhere that we (those of use with thyroid issues) should be tested every 4 to 6 weeks in pregnancy.  Our need for supplementation apparently can go up by 50% in the first week weeks.  Check out Mary' Shomon's About.com thyroid pages - she has a section on pregnancy.  So, I don't have experience, BUT I am pregnant after infertility with hypothyroidism with you!

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#64 of 88 Old 02-14-2013, 09:32 PM

I was told every month until the 5th month for hypothyroid. However, my OB thought that was a bit excessive. He just said once a trimester. I would imagine something between those two extremes would be about right.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#65 of 88 Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 AM

Thanks for the info Jenger & Deborah! Being at 2.5 now at almost 5w is unsettling - as it's right on the edge of ok. I don't know if I can tell the difference (except for my hands and feet being colder which gets even more brutal with any higher tsh) - am exhausted and nauseous but those are pregnancy symptoms. The tiredness can be a combo issue but hard to tell.

I think I'm going to have my primary run another test in two weeks before my u/s at the re's office so I have another data point when we meet. Based on my last IVF round, I'm pretty sure my RE will not re-run it then. Of course my primary still thinks anything under 5 is good! Ugh...

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

#66 of 88 Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 PM

Deborah - so very sorry for you. I am glad that you have goals now, and I hope that you can get your family going smoothly and quickly.

<3 to everyone. I'm hardly online anymore, because Guy is a psychopath. Last few weeks he's beem mega grumptastic and drooly like crazy, so we suspect teething. We bought a decibel meter to see just how loud his screams were, and he topped out at 120db. His usual cries are about 115-117. These are loud enough to cause hearing damage! Holy crap kid. I knew he was loud but my goodness.

He was three months old on Valentine's Day. We did a cute little photoshoot. Going to make a little photo book of his life until now for his great grandmother so she can have a hard copy of her first great grandchild to look at whenever she wants :)

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#67 of 88 Old 02-16-2013, 10:05 AM

Thanks.I had goals before, they just changed now. Unrelated, but we are adding another little family member (at least temporarily, but hoping permanent works out) beginning tonight.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#68 of 88 Old 02-16-2013, 10:05 AM

Thanks.I had goals before, they just changed now. Unrelated, but we are adding another little family member (at least temporarily, but hoping permanent works out) beginning tonight.

#69 of 88 Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM

Here are my 3 checking each other out:

#70 of 88 Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM

Here are my 3 checking each other out:

#71 of 88 Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM

Well, goals that will hopefully be less heartachey!  Love the critters! Looks like my house, only with two additional cats than you have pictured ;P

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#72 of 88 Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM

LOL, Kparker. Sushi thinks she's a dog. She decided to jump on the dog's bed and play with her tennis ball last night. Sadly, I did not have the video camera ready. Yes, hopefully less heartachey. Adoption has its own heartaches that can come with it, but at least we know that even if it takes several years, eventually a baby will come home with us.

#73 of 88 Old 02-19-2013, 11:48 AM

Hope everyone is doing well...All the new expecting moms out there...I do think of you and want each of you to get a healthy baby in the end. 

Shesaidboom - I hope you are still hanging in there...I can't believe that about your mom.  Life can be totally unfair!  

Monkey - Work?  Did you get a job?

kparker - Sorry for a grumpy boy...They tend to go thorough stages.  My baby girl was sleeping...now I'm getting up with her several times a night!  It's about to do me in, especially as I know a one point she could sleep 7-8 hours at time!!  

So much more, but no time!

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#74 of 88 Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post
Congratulations!  We should be just a couple weeks apart, I am 7 weeks tomorrow, and REALLY hoping for a sticky one!

I made a mistake when I wrote this!  I was 5 weeks, I think AND (drumroll please!) I just got my extra-super early ultrasound for anxious infertiles - which both HAD A HEARTBEAT!!! and put me at almost 6 weeks today...

So pleased to have that detected - makes me feel so much more relaxed - I know I am not "out of the woods" just yet, but I can officially call myself pregnant! (Oh. My. God!)

#75 of 88 Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM

jenger  - Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You sound like you finally let yourself be excited!  Hope for continuing good news from you!  Your DD and my DS were born in the same year it took me 2.5 years to get pregnant with #2 and she was born in October...  You'll have to let me know how your Little Bee responds when you tell her about the baby.

#76 of 88 Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 PM

Oh, guys. It's been so long. I have a "sticky note" on my desktop that I use to write to you whenever I get the chance, but it always gets outdated before I have the chance to post it. I hardly ever have even one hand free to type! There is so much I want to say. Toothfairy, Shesaidboom - over the moon. There are no words!!! I smile every time I see your sigs. Somedays honestly I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I DID get pg again and that I DID have twins even when those two beautiful pairs of eyes (one blue, one brown!) are smiling up at me. So I am just as elated/shocked/need to see it again with you guys! Deborah, I am so very sorry for your loss. I do not know why life is so unfair and cruel at times. Your outlook continues to inspire me. Please keep us posted on your next steps. Wissa, monkey, chica, kparker, renavoo - sending you lots of love. I love to read your updates!!

I am staying up late to type tonight so just a quickie and I'll hope to write more soon. You'll forgive me, right? I still want to tell my boys' birth story. Having twins is A-MAY-ZING. It is a lot of hard work of course, but somehow, maybe being a second-time mom, maybe having a super-high-needs kiddo first, maybe getting through infertility, it has honestly been such a joy. Oh yeah and DH has figured out how to be an amazing parenting partner by now, too. And we have lots of super family support. (Well, and Xtreme in-law drama...) BUT, it is really busy.

xoxoxo!!!

wissa19 likes this.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#77 of 88 Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 PM

Jenger - nice re HB!! Yay.

Good news On my end re thyroid. RE upped my thyroid Meds. He was out of town last week so didn't actually read the test - his nurse did. I'm glad I pushed back yesterday when I called. Hoping to get it back to 2 or less. I feel so much better at those levels.

I have my first u/s next week at 6w4d. Fingers x'd... Beta repeat was excellent today so I'm breathing easier. My nausea is gone which is great (but also makes me a bit uneasy). I'm sure (half hope) it will return eventually!

#78 of 88 Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 AM

guppyluv - So glad you Dr. upped your meds!!  Hope you u/s goes well...I think MS can come and go...my morning sickness tended to happen when my blood sugar was low. 

#79 of 88 Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 PM

Guppy-

Glad you got your meds upped!  How was your ultrasound?  I see you are in the Oct. DDC... I joined, but then have been scared to really go there...  

I have been begging the universe for morning sickness... I want to feel this baby, I want to know it's gonna stick.  I have it a little bit, just not as strong as I'd like... (Yes, I recognize this could be the case of 'be careful what you wish for...)

#80 of 88 Old 02-28-2013, 01:35 PM

No m/s here either... but realizing I may be having some heartburn (never felt it before so wasn't sure what it was) but heartbeats this morning at the u/s. just 6w3d. So patiently (not really patient lol) waiting... Another u/s next week or so before leaving the RE's office.

#81 of 88 Old 07-04-2013, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Wow, I was surprised when I saw how long ago this thread died... I mean, I knew it had been quiet awhile, but I didn't realize it had been 4 months! Hope everyone is just busy with their little ones and having a good time. I know Baby Bird keeps me on the go - he isn't much of a baby any more at 10.5 months!

Hopefully I get a chance to post more of an update (and pictures - I'd love to see others' pictures, too!) soon, but I wanted to say... I got my first PPAF today. greensad.gif I am sad, because I have started (loosely) charting again, and after a couple of times of thinking I had ovulated, I was really, really convinced that I had this time, and that there was at least some chance I was pregnant. Well, obviously I did ovulate, and I'm not pregnant. And my luteal phase was only 9 days, tops. I know, after how hard BB early months were, I'm crazy to be already thinking about another one. But I finally feel excited about the possibility, and apparently my body is at least thinking about being ready. I so do not want to step back on to this IF rollercoaster. Hopefully my body is just getting things sorted out this time, and next time will be the charm. We'll see.

So how is everyone else? Anybody else thinking of another? How are all your babies? And gozal, dangit, I'm still waiting for your birth story!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#82 of 88 Old 07-08-2013, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

My "baby" won't hold still for his monthly pictures any more - this was our attempt at 10 month pictures a few weeks ago.

tantylynn and wissa19 like this.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
#83 of 88 Old 08-04-2013, 03:32 AM

Aw I am so happy to have come across this!!!!! So good to finally hear how so many of you are doing who were in the threads same time as me! I can't believe my DD is 16 months already, and how big all yours are as well! Congratulations to everyone - feel so happy for you all. Here are some pictures of DD, Isla. She was born 28 March 2012.

AppleMark  

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#84 of 88 Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 AM

Oh wow!  It has been forever.  We just had our first birthday!!!  Love all the baby pictures.  I would love it, if everyone would come update!!!

Monkeyscience - I'm sorry to hear your fertility woes returned. I stalked you and saw where you had a miscarriage.  I'm so sorry.  

Babybird is precious.  He looks like he just wants to have FUN!  What a cutie!

Gozal - I actually do think about you...because sometimes my one is more than enough.  I love her, but wow I'm tired.

Kparker & Hopeforlight - I saw your names listed on the infertility thread...are you trying again???

#85 of 88 Old 10-30-2013, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
wissa! omg what a cutie pie!! i was just wondering earlier today about this thread and how everyone was doing.
noooo, not trying again lol. we are done at 2, its all we ever planned, so we are happy. we aren't preventing but with our mfi I'm not worried, and if it were to happen then it'll be one more loved miracle in our lives lol. how bout you?

monkey I'm sorry for your loss.

how is everyone else?

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#86 of 88 Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Bumping this so I remember to respond properly. Miss you ladies, and the old BSL thread. Am feeling very GRRRR about having my period right now, and have no one to lament to. :P

Will post cute baby/toddler pics later!

#87 of 88 Old 11-15-2013, 07:05 AM

Woah I didn't even notice that this thread had been resurrected a while back! Such cute babies you all have!

38wks pregnant with our 2nd after almost 3 years of trying!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#88 of 88 Old 11-17-2013, 06:36 PM

SilaMarila - Yeah!!  It took me about 3 years to get pregnant with my 2nd as well.  Congratulations, looks like you're going to get meet the new baby soon!!

Monkey - I think most everyone now posts in the IVF thread. You could try to revive the old the Infertility one thread.  I know infertility is hard even after you have a baby. It's so frustrating when your body just will not do want you want it to.  I have no doubt that you will succeed in giving baby bird a sibling one day!!  

Hope - Thanks!  I think we are done too!!  I'm not really preventing either, but I tell by cycle that I'm no Ovulating.  I might take a 3rd, but no way do I want to have fertility treatments again. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page