Bloodclot outside sac - anyone experience this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

On Monday, I visited my ob after noticing spotting when using the bathroom at work. The doctor confirmed that the pregnancy is 6 weeks along and the baby seems healthy with a heartbeat.

The doctor also noticed a bloodclot forming outside of the gestational sac which may be the reason for the spotting. He said that sometimes the bloodclots clear up on their own and advised me to not do anything that will aggrivate the situation. He advised me to take it easy, to relax, and to not engage in strenuous activity (including and especially sexual intercourse).

I am taking two Annual Days from work today and tomorrow to rest at home (and sending the 3 year old to school so resting actually means resting). I am waiting for a form to be faxed to my doctor to determine if any accomodations need to be made for me at work since I am currently working with very active 2 year olds and it's probably abad idea for me to lift them, etc.

Anyone here ever experience a blotclot in the uterus when pregnant?

Even heavy coughing and sneezing is making me nervous,,,

Marina (Brooklyn, NY)

#2 of 4 Old 01-03-2013, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Is that the same thing as a subchorionic hematoma?  I know someone who had one that caused bleeding all through her pregnancy.  It did go away eventually and she has a healthy baby now.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The doctor didn't give me the name but I suspect it probably is the same condition.
#4 of 4 Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Well, from what I have heard, it is often not very dangerous and not something that would stop you from having a healthy baby.  I hope you are able to take it easy physically and mentally and that everything heals up nicely.  I hope you have a healthy and peaceful pregnancy and a wonderful new baby! 

deborahbgkelly likes this.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page