who has a bidet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My pregnant nose wants everything to be cleaner. Any have a bidet? Its so much nicer hearing from people that just looking it up. It must save so much time to be cleaned while your on the toilet. Maybe i will.hook.something up.to the warm shower but it feels complicated.
#2 of 6 Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 PM

I don't, but once you hit the third trimester, and have hemmorhoids to deal with, a bidet sounds heavenly!

#3 of 6 Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thats what i am thinking of, it seems so handy. Maybe just using a detachable shower head might do but reaching the on/off from the toilet is too tricky. I know warm water bidets are more expensive and probably out of my budget, but cold-just sounds cold!
#4 of 6 Old 01-09-2013, 05:58 PM

I don't have a bidet, but I have one of those sprayers hooked up to my toilet that is meant to be for washing out cloth diapers. It doubles nicely as a bidet! 

#5 of 6 Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mereniki is it cold being hooked up that way? Do you just get used to it that way?
#6 of 6 Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM

I had it hooked up at our old house, and it was cold. I just got used to it. It was better than nothing! We have since moved, and I tried to use it here, but whoever plumbed the toilet used the hot water line, so when we hooked up the diaper sprayer, it was too hot to use in those sensitive areas! I'd take cold over boiling hot any day. (we have an on-demand hot water heater, so whenever you use hot water, it gets hot instantly. Not sure how hard it is to switch toilet water lines, but maybe if you have a regular water heater, using the sprayer as a bidet with the hot water from it wouldn't be as hot, at least when you first use it? I know with our old house, you'd have to let the hot water run for a bit before it was truly "hot")

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page