Anyone currently doing hypnobabies homestudy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have just started the hypnobabies homestudy program, and I am wondering if anyone else is doing it too?  I would love to connect with others about what's working well and what is challenging?  Is this your first hypnobabies birth?  Are you finding that you're able to get into hypnosis?  

I am just at the beginning of it right now (I"m 24 weeks), and I love how it puts me to sleep but I am worried that I am missing the content.  I know it says this is OK but I really feel I'm missing the content, but wow am I sleeping better!  I am wondering too if I am too analytical, yet my last birth was hard so I feel I don't have anything to lose either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I bought the Hypnobabies home study course during my first pregnancy and am currently using it for the 5th time.  Well, I lost the printed materials during a cross-country move before my second pregnancy, but was comfortable just using the tracks for my subsequent pregnancies.  I have to say that I have yet to make it through one of the tracks awake, in fact I will put them on to help fight my pregnancy insomnia!  shy.gif  I don't have any non-Hypnobabies birth experience to compare mine too, but I've been happy with my births, enough to keep using it again and again.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm using Hynopbabies for the second time, and this is my 6th pregnancy.  My previous 4 labors were pretty good.  The 4th was really intense though and I remember thinking, 'I really need something to keep me focused!'  I'm so glad I found hypnobabies!  It helped me focus so much during my labor, that the doctor told me postpartum, that I could come back every year to have a baby...I was a 'model' labor!   Anyway, I fell asleep for every track then, and I do for this pregnancy as well ;-).  But I listened to the Easy First Stage up until the pushing point and it totally kept me relaxed and focused.  It really was an amazing birth, and I look forward to doing it again this time around.  During practice, I never actually felt that I was actually under hypnosis, but it totally worked out when it mattered.  And like you said you've got nothing to loose.....it's a wonderful program!  

Good luck to you!

Happy birthing,

Roxanne

Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had a very intense labor with baby #3 and have been thinking about trying something like this time. Did you buy the "home study" course off their website or Amazon? I'm nervous to spend $150+ on something like this. : /

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

Old 01-11-2013, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Firespiritmelody: My partner and I purchase one joint family gift each year (and then make each other one gift).  For our family gift, we bought the hypnobabies homestudy program off of their website.  Because we are in Canada, we did not have the option of amazon (which is different than amazon.ca).  

Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM

I am starting to listen to tracks at night (sleep). I am around 22-23 weeks. This is my second time. Last time I slept through most everything. I did practice the switch often, but we didn't get to the partner script because my dates were off and she arrived 5 weeks before we expected her.

Because I thought I was early, we went to the hospital. I listened to the first stage as we drove over 30 mins to the hospital while I was in transtition. I almost was asleep the whole time. I got there, finally was admitted andI pushed twice and she was born.

I didn't realize I was in labor until I had a gush of water and waves started coming quickly, about 3 in 8 minutes so we went to hospital. I never used my switch, but I was never in any pain, I was calm until the nurses didn't believe I was as far along as I was.

I am going to try hard to do the partner script and work more on my switch. Falling asleep will nit be a problem, as you still are hearing the info as you sleep.

I fully recommend hypnobabies!.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

I am wondering if anyone doing hypnobabies is trying to use it with braxton hicks? I have really painful braxton hicks, and I find hypnobabies helps a little bit. Yet I'm worried that if it only helps a little bit with braxton hicks, I am going to be overwhelmed in labour. 

User Tag List