Sex 3 days before positive OPK? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-13-2013, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies,

Im wondering if you can share some words of wisdom.

DH and I DTD Jan 3rd late at night, and I got a positive OPK Jan 6th in the morning. 

Do you ladies think its possible that I could be pregnant? We have been TTC for about five months now. 

I have been feeling a little different the last couple days and Im hoping its my body reacting to pregnancy hormones!!

TIA!!

#2 of 6 Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 PM

Assuming that you did then ovulate within 12-24 hours after the positive opks, then you could definitely be pregnant from dtd 3 days before. In fact, plenty of women who are trying to sway for a girl find that to be almost ideal timing. But unless you have been charting your temps and see an obvious thermal shift, you can't really be sure when you might have ovulated, despite a positive opk.

I was just looking at my chart for this pregnancy and I had a pos opk on cd16 but then didn't ovulate til cd17 or possibly cd18(fertility friend tells me it was cd18)

Good luck!

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#3 of 6 Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 AM

With my oldest, we had sex 6 days before I ovulated.  The human body is amazing. :)  Good luck!

Susan, mama to Catherine (June 2008); Becca (April 2010); John (January 2012); and Julia (EDD August 2013)
#4 of 6 Old 01-14-2013, 08:21 PM

That is what happened with me exactly and I am 21 weeks pregnant:) Good Luck!

deborahbgkelly likes this.

Wife to my sweet Husband Man, Mama to my adorable little Pickle (01/23/10) and expecting another bundle of joy (05/13)

#5 of 6 Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 PM

Boy or Girl, scarybiscuits?

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#6 of 6 Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 AM

Looks like a girl:) I still don't totally believe it yet even though I saw it for myself on the ultrasound:) But it fits with what "they" say about swaying for gender, I think.

Wife to my sweet Husband Man, Mama to my adorable little Pickle (01/23/10) and expecting another bundle of joy (05/13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page