Mothering Forum banner

Worst. Pregnancy. EVER :(

8K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  etsdtm99 
#1 ·
Have you ever had a pregnancy that just made you think, "Never again!" because that's pretty much what I've got going on right now. This is my third pregnancy and I'm a pretty healthy 26 yr old, not overweight or anything. So I went into this expecting it to be like my previous two. But NO, not at all.

Things started out fine, I was walking around the neighborhood on a regular basis, had a good appetite going, no significant nausea, just general smooth sailing. Then at about 4 months along, my hips basically stopped working. I mean, I got out of that car one day and almost had a panic attack because I was literally unable to walk the few yards to my door. Turns out to be pubic symphesis disorder causing severe pelvic girdle pain and awful sciatica. This put an immediate stop to the healthy walking around the neighborhood and left me feeling very depressed. NO ONE understood the pain and disability, even my traditional midwife was telling em to stretch and do yoga - which I couldn't do!

Finally a couple months later the symptoms lessened somewhat but I still couldn't do even moderate walking without causing intense pelvic movement and pain. By this time I'm thoroughly depressed, money is so tight that I can't afford a chiropractor at all and my appetite is completely gone. But at least I could shuffle around the house. Then I notice an itching on my upper thigh and discover that I have my first ever yeast infection. What a joy that has been. I went from never having had one to having one off and on every month for the past 3 months now.

The separation in my pubic arch is so much that I'm actually afraid of it ripping during delivery (my last baby was over 10 lbs and while I handled him fine, I didn't have the crazy separation that I deal with now).

Today I realized I have another yeast infection and now a bright blue varicose vein snuggled right up by an inner labia. That little f*cker stings - I didn't even know you could get them there. Fortunately it's not nearly as bad as the ones I saw when I went online, it's just one vein and should go away post partum. Hilariously, one of the cheif ways to alleviate this until delivery is by walking which I can't do because of the pelvic separation. So I'm just screwed.

So now I'm itchy, my cootchie stings, my vagina hates me and I'm doing everything I can to kill the yeast before delivery, my pelvis is in complete rebellion, and even my veins wont behave. I hate this pregnancy, I just want it to be over. I'm due in 10 days and if I can get this yeast flare up cleared out soon I'm going to be chugging red raspberry leaf tea. I'm sick of this pregnancy, it's made me uncertain about having the fourth baby I want.

I know it could be a lot worse but for me this has been a horrendous gauntlet of bad experiences. What's your sh*ttiest pregnancy ever been?

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't relate at this point but I really feel for you and wanted to let you know someone out there hears you and see you. It sounds like you are really struggling. Do you think you could ask for some self care as gifts? Not sure how to support and I am sorry you are so uncomfortable this time around mama!

#3 ·
I am only on week 17 but this is EXACTLY how I have felt most of this pregnancy so far! This is also my third and by far the toughest one. I am 31 years old also and am in pretty good shape, not overweight, eat healthy and grain free.

got pregnant and BOOM the vomitting started which i didn't have AT ALL with my first two. The presssure and aching of my hips and belly are so bad I had to go get pregnancy bands to wear in my first trimester and they still only helped sometimes. and the worst part (for me) was that any meat, even the smell or thought of it made me puke. I don't eat grains, and very little dairy. so that left me eating... um... fruits and whatever veggies i could handle.

of course I caved and started eating grilled cheese sandwhiches, pizza, and whatever else I could without puking... which made me constipated and brought back my hemroides. URG.

so, yeah, i spent a lot of the first couple months sobbing that it wasnt' supposed to be like this and wondering if i was carrying a monster instead of a baby. My first two in comparison were so easy and delightful!! Now that I am further along I am feeling better (at least the puking stopped) but still can't handle any meat (which is the exact opposite of my first two- I was a vegitarian when i got prego with DS1 and started eating meat because i craved it so badly), my hips and belly still constantly ache, and i've got this stupid 'waddle walk' that looks like i should be 37 weeks NOT 17.

THIS WILL BE MY LAST PREGNANCY!!!

I really hoped that maybe all these different symptoms meant i was having a girl (we have two boys) but after my last US looks like it's probably another boy. which i'm okay with but kinda disapointed. I try and just remember it will be over soon and even though i am not enjoying this pregnancy very much it's still an amazing experience to grow a person and i try think positively. i would rather be super sick and achy WITH a baby than symptom free and healthy WITHOUT a baby.

#4 ·
OP- I hear ya on the SPD. With my last pregnancy it was definitely the worst, starting very early (1st tri) and my pubic bone was popping and grinding horribly by mid-2nd tri and well before my 3rd trimester I could hardly even walk through the house without crying, DEFINITELY couldn't get out of bed without crying, would cry out in pain just putting my pants on, etc, etc. It's a horrible thing. Nothing brought me relief, either. It was so hard asking for advice because I seriously felt like the only one to experience it so severely...everyone was suggesting things that I'd tried and had failed me. Didn't help that he was my biggest baby, and I already carry ridiculously low, so there was a ton of added pressure. Thank the Lord it didn't cause me any pain during labor (DS was nearly 10 lbs, but had a 15.5" head!) and disappeared immediately with the birth (though I was still careful about my movements and stuff for a while, just out of habit). This time around I've tried really hard to stay on top of it (finding that if I'm careful about releasing my SI joint on a regular basis it really helps), but the idea of it happening so severely again is spooky.

I hope you can get some relief!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanna-cat View Post

i would rather be super sick and achy WITH a baby than symptom free and healthy WITHOUT a baby.
Totally! :) I much prefer being in physical pain due to carrying a baby rather than the heartache of losing one or trying so hard to have one in the first place.

#5 ·
hug2.gif
My third pregnancy was like that... I got awful SPD starting around 20ish weeks. Luckily we had a great affordable chiro where we were living and she helped me SO much. But then I started getting prodromal labor around 33 weeks. The anxiety of "is this it" for weeks and weeks on end was tough. That plus SPD and my normal aches and pains... I was glad when it was over. Amazingly, I am doing this one more time. I'm anxious about when the SPD will return, and the prodromal labor... But I know I'll get through it. I'm trying hard to savor every moment anyway though - this is my last and I won't get to do it again...

#6 ·
my 3rd pregnancy was also awful - it would have been completely miserable if i ahd not sucked it up and paid for the chiropractor - this time (#4) the spd and hip pain came back at 10 weeks and the chiropractor fixed it right away and after that i had the easiest pregnancy ever until about 34 weeks .. (i'm 37 wks now) at this point, i can't really walk or do much at all because of SPD pain.. even with weekly chiro appts i'm just trying to keep the pain down enough that i'll be able to manage delivery .. i've also had yeast problems the past 2 pregnancies..

anyway, #4 has been easier than #3.. so.. just thought i'd throw that out there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.