Different pregnancy symptoms for each pregnancy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-17-2013, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do symptoms usually differ between pregnancies? I am 6 weeks along with my second (while still nursing my 11 month old) and feel so much differently this time around. I had every symptom in the book and intensely with my son starting from 4.5 weeks. Heavy sore boobs, nausea and vomiting, exhaustion. This time I don't seem to feel much...just sensitive nipples, moodiness, and some queasiness after meals, and a little extra tired...so far. Seems so much more mild this time and it's got me anxious and wondering if everything is ok.

Is it normal to feel different for each pregnancy without as severe of symptoms?
#2 of 6 Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 AM

Each pregnancy is different, yep!  I wouldn't be concerned.  I am on my third and each one has been unique.  Different symptoms at different times on different levels of intensity.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#3 of 6 Old 01-19-2013, 03:07 PM

'Fraid so.  For me anyway.  Number 1 & Number 2 were like night and day...

#4 of 6 Old 01-19-2013, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherSoul View Post

Is it normal to feel different for each pregnancy without as severe of symptoms?

I would say yes, from my experience. My shape was different for each too. I was big everywhere and swollen too with DD. With DS, my belly was huge, stuck way far out, and if you were directly behind me, you would not have known I was pregnant. I was all belly with him. 

Your current symptoms sound almost identical to when I was pregnant with my daughter. When pregnant with my son, I could barely keep my eyes open throughout the entire first trimester. I had more food aversions while preg with DS... I hated chicken. With DD, I ate everything in sight. whistling.gif

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#5 of 6 Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 PM

Yes, I didn't have many symptoms with my pregnancy with my sons and I've had pretty much all of them with this one.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#6 of 6 Old 01-20-2013, 09:36 AM

Absolutely.  My #1 and #2 were different as night and day.  Same gender too! winky.gif  I had bad nausea, was exhausted and crampy with my first, no nausea, no tiredness and only mildly crampy with my second.  Then #3, mild nausea, mild tiredness, mildly crampy...  And similar for #4...

Susan, mama to Catherine (June 2008); Becca (April 2010); John (January 2012); and Julia (EDD August 2013)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page