Are you working out? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Agreed, i am lucky to have husband trained in them to monitor and help me where i need it!! :) :)

Wifey to Z and SAHM to C (12/03) T (7/08) M (4/10) and her irish twin C (4/11)

#62 of 64 Old 01-31-2013, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathena View Post

That should help ya too :) :) And always find the proper way to do things...want to avoid injury...I would avoid all crossfit teachings (hides, they have horrible technique w/ kbs)

Like any workout, Crossfit quality is completely dependent on how good your coaches are.  My coaches were awesome with KBs, but I'm sure other CF boxes are not that great, just like with any gym.  I will say that the way CF has grown in recent years makes quality control a little more of a problem.  

The link I posted upthread has a bunch of videos of an RKC certified (it was pre-certification, but she and her husband own a KB gym) pregnant mama doing some awesome workouts.  I used those videos to help me with form and give me ideas for when I couldn't make it into the gym.  She's awesome!  The link again is www.sistasofstrength.com.  And here's the link to a bunch of the videos: http://www.sistasofstrength.com/category/pregnancy/pregnancy_workouts

Good luck, mamas!  Staying active helped me sooooo much with labor and delivery!  It's awesome that you guys found each other for support.  My DDC was great for that throughout and it totally helps for motivation.  We set up a 100 day challenge to encourage us to do a particular thing every day for 100 days (in my case it was doing 100 squats a day, but other people had different goals).  That was super helpful too and I was still squatting away at 41 weeks.  Just a thought. 

Ok, I'll stop stalking the pregnancy threads and get back to my little bambino.  orngbiggrin.gif

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#63 of 64 Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 PM

Oh yes agree if u have a good instruction, I have just seen more bad than good from cf. And yes RKC and now SFG are the only 2 people I would follow. Thanks for sharing that link! I am excited to look thru her site!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyTiger View Post

Like any workout, Crossfit quality is completely dependent on how good your coaches are.  My coaches were awesome with KBs, but I'm sure other CF boxes are not that great, just like with any gym.  I will say that the way CF has grown in recent years makes quality control a little more of a problem.  

The link I posted upthread has a bunch of videos of an RKC certified (it was pre-certification, but she and her husband own a KB gym) pregnant mama doing some awesome workouts.  I used those videos to help me with form and give me ideas for when I couldn't make it into the gym.  She's awesome!  The link again is [URL=http:]www.sistasofstrength.com. [/URL] And here's the link to a bunch of the videos: http://www.sistasofstrength.com/category/pregnancy/pregnancy_workouts

Good luck, mamas!  Staying active helped me sooooo much with labor and delivery!  It's awesome that you guys found each other for support.  My DDC was great for that throughout and it totally helps for motivation.  We set up a 100 day challenge to encourage us to do a particular thing every day for 100 days (in my case it was doing 100 squats a day, but other people had different goals).  That was super helpful too and I was still squatting away at 41 weeks.  Just a thought. 
Ok, I'll stop stalking the pregnancy threads and get back to my little bambino.  orngbiggrin.gif

Wifey to Z and SAHM to C (12/03) T (7/08) M (4/10) and her irish twin C (4/11)

#64 of 64 Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

i really like those links!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page