Any Hashimoto's ladies with only antibodies to control? (normal TSH, T4, etc) x-posted in Health - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-26-2013, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't seem to find many people to connect with who are dealing with Hashi's similarly to myself.  I don't have a problem with ANY of my thyroid levels except I have high TPO antibodies, so that is what we work to control.  (likely why my body was killing off so many babies over the last couple years :( But it's hindsight so there's no real way of knowing...)  But it makes it difficult to compare my situation with others who have to control their TSH, for example, when asking for advice and experiences.  I only require a very low dose of Armour to bring my antibodies down (for example, at 45mg I went down to 18, and at 60 mg I went down to 14...but my TSH also drops very low- below .5- since it wasn't ever "high" to begin with.  The highest I've seen it was at about 2.5 at about 4 weeks pregnant)

Thankfully I have a lot of support with this (medically) and those helping me are extremely knowledgeable and experienced, so I feel like we definitely have things under control, but I'd just love to find someone else out there who's only real trouble is with controlling antibodies!

I realize it will be can be very different for everyone, but I'm really curious about things like experiences post-partum (when/if you had to lower your dosage), about your weight loss experience (and possibly your gain experience during pregnancy), etc....  Just stuff that can vary a lot for people not dealing with TSH issues on top of the antibodies.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page