What is your weakness? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is there something that you KNOW you probably shouldn't eat or shouldn't eat a lot of but you just can't help it  :) I don't usually love ice cream, but this pregnancy has me eating ice cream sandwiches!!! I try to watch how many I eat but I just crave them. Also I don't usually drink Soda but I find myself wanting that carbonation! Has anyone else been having cravings?

#2 of 28 Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM

For two weeks in my second trimester I was really craving Root Beer and having one a day.  I don't normally drink pop either.

hang.gif knit.gif chicken3.gif treehugger.gif Kristin, partner to eat.gif Ron who came with DSS7 kid.gif

heartbeat.gifOur first arrived March 2013!! nocirc.gif

#3 of 28 Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 PM

Mine is breakfast sandwiches! I just crave savory, salty, greasy stuff like mad this time. I try to make a healthier version with whole wheat english muffins and turkey sausage, but what I really want is a croissantwich! I saw some frozen Jimmy Dean Delites on sale the other day. Apparently they're only like 280 calories, but I'm not sure how nutritious they are. Still, I might go pick up a box. Then I can fulfill two indulgences at once--laziness (microwave meal? yes plz) and CRIOISSANTWICH.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#4 of 28 Old 01-28-2013, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Sugar in general! This week I have vowed to actually limit myself. For me it's been pop, cake with frosting, and I reallllllly want chocolate covered oreos but haven't got them (thank God)! My thing in the morning is some sort of coffee cake/sweet muffin/donut thing with coffee and then a breakfast sandwich and orange juice later in the a.m....but that HAD to stop! I am hoping to watch my weight and eating habits through probably until around 36 weeks and then let myself enjoy some more 'pregnancy' food. But I am only 26 weeks now.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#5 of 28 Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM

Annie's Mac and Cheese and Ice cream! I usually don't keep any in the house when not pregnant but I have been craving not only ice cream, but entire sundaes with the works! I am honestly worried about developing GD this pregnancy as I am eating so many simple carbs that I don't ever eat when not pregnant. I am trying to control myself more as the 2nd tri approaches.shy.gif

Granola-ey, crunchy, marathoning, natural living Christian mamatreehugger.gif down south with DHguitar.gif and DD1 (6)dust.gif, DD2 (2)energy.gif, and DD3 babygirl.gif.    homebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFgoorganic.jpghomeschool.gif
#6 of 28 Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad I'm not the only one LOL Oreo's dunked in milk is another thing. I try no to keep such things even IN the house but my husband loves them (he's not even pregnant) and so do the kids. I try to workout to help compensate for my indulgences but that doesn't always happen 

#7 of 28 Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 PM

I work at a nursing home with another pregnant cna and lately we've both been going ballistic over lays salt and vinegar chips! We are like a pair of ravenous wolves when it comes to a bag of them! XD
#8 of 28 Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiewolf21 View Post

I work at a nursing home with another pregnant cna and lately we've both been going ballistic over lays salt and vinegar chips! We are like a pair of ravenous wolves when it comes to a bag of them! XD

I was going to say I don't have any specific cravings, but now I want those.  Badly.  lol.gif

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#9 of 28 Old 01-29-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISDiva View Post

I was going to say I don't have any specific cravings, but now I want those.  Badly.  lol.gif

Lol they are so addicting! And it has to be lays. The other brands don't cut it. But my good craving are soy nuts. Sooooo good!
#10 of 28 Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 AM

I can't get enough cereal!! All I want to eat are the really sweet cereals, like "Froot Loops" or frosted "Mini Wheats" but I stop myself and eat Raisin Bran or Corn Flakes. I may indulge in a small bowl of the sweet stuff in the afternoon, that is my weakest time of the day.. Lol.

Mama to 1 handsome boy born Nov 29/2009 and 1 beautiful girl born May 21/2013 and wife to 1 handsome man, married since Jun 9/2007.

#11 of 28 Old 01-29-2013, 03:44 PM

Swedish Fish and other gummy snacks. Normally my mentality is "why would I eat fruit flavored candy when I can just eat fruit," but ever since I've hit the 2nd trimester I've been all about sugary goodness. Maybe its because I'm so tired all that time? Or that's just my way of justifying my bad eating habits. 

#12 of 28 Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Salty snacks... chips, popcorn, crackers, cheese... I recently started looking at sodium on labels and figured out I was eating around 3x the recommended daily amount. Oops. Kind of hard to give it up though, I love salt!

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#13 of 28 Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama4life14 View Post

I can't get enough cereal!! All I want to eat are the really sweet cereals, like "Froot Loops" or frosted "Mini Wheats" but I stop myself and eat Raisin Bran or Corn Flakes. I may indulge in a small bowl of the sweet stuff in the afternoon, that is my weakest time of the day.. Lol.

There is something about cereal as a night time snack that's just refreshing. I love Froot Loops! And I have to say it's healthier than the krispy kreme donuts that I've been eating LOL

#14 of 28 Old 01-30-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgadomom4 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama4life14 View Post

There is something about cereal as a night time snack that's just refreshing. I love Froot Loops! And I have to say it's healthier than the krispy kreme donuts that I've been eating LOL

Lol!! I know the Froot loops are definitely my favorite! I just read the side of the box and it says its made with whole grains and blah blah to be somewhat healthy, then I feel better! Haha!! But I know its got too much sugar! Darn my sweet tooth!

Mama to 1 handsome boy born Nov 29/2009 and 1 beautiful girl born May 21/2013 and wife to 1 handsome man, married since Jun 9/2007.

#15 of 28 Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM

I have a ton of bananas in my freezer (I can't stand them once they get over-ripe, but they're great for banana bread!) Before I got pregnant I kept meaning to make them into bread or muffins and never got around to it. Then once I DID get pregnant I actively avoided making any, because banana bread is a weakness of mine and I have a hard time saying no even without the added hormones. Well, I was talking to one of my students this week about my ridiculous stash, and she has been begging me to make banana chocolate-chip muffins to bring for the class. Today is the 100th day of kindergarten, so I figured I'd make the muffins and bring them as a special treat, which would help me unload some of those bananas taking up space in my freezer, and I could keep a few at home without having so many that I enter the "danger zone." So last night DD and I made them, and had a lot of fun. The recipe I use is pretty healthy--it calls for whole wheat flour, flax meal, rolled oats, just one cup of sugar, 5 bananas, and applesauce in place of oils. One cup of dark chocolate chips, because you just gotta. Recipe made enough for almost 40 muffins!

Well this morning DD threw an absolute fit when it was time for me to leave for work, and we didn't sleep very well last night so I was groggy and not in the mood to put up a fight. So I called in sick to work. redface.gif And now I have all weekend long, and 40 banana chocolate chip muffins in my fridge, whispering my name. I'm sure that by Sunday night it will no longer be a whisper...

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

#16 of 28 Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteh View Post

I have a ton of bananas in my freezer (I can't stand them once they get over-ripe, but they're great for banana bread!) Before I got pregnant I kept meaning to make them into bread or muffins and never got around to it. Then once I DID get pregnant I actively avoided making any, because banana bread is a weakness of mine and I have a hard time saying no even without the added hormones. Well, I was talking to one of my students this week about my ridiculous stash, and she has been begging me to make banana chocolate-chip muffins to bring for the class. Today is the 100th day of kindergarten, so I figured I'd make the muffins and bring them as a special treat, which would help me unload some of those bananas taking up space in my freezer, and I could keep a few at home without having so many that I enter the "danger zone." So last night DD and I made them, and had a lot of fun. The recipe I use is pretty healthy--it calls for whole wheat flour, flax meal, rolled oats, just one cup of sugar, 5 bananas, and applesauce in place of oils. One cup of dark chocolate chips, because you just gotta. Recipe made enough for almost 40 muffins!

Well this morning DD threw an absolute fit when it was time for me to leave for work, and we didn't sleep very well last night so I was groggy and not in the mood to put up a fight. So I called in sick to work. redface.gif And now I have all weekend long, and 40 banana chocolate chip muffins in my fridge, whispering my name. I'm sure that by Sunday night it will no longer be a whisper...

bwahahhahaaa I'm sorry i'm laughing. hahahaaaa That's what happens when you have a good heart and give into your children. At least they seem healthy

#17 of 28 Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 PM

Uuuuuh, Cadbury Creme Eggs and/or Mini Eggs. Thank the Lord they are only out for a short part of the year.
mjdecbaby likes this.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#18 of 28 Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 PM

Looks like I was successful in slowing my weight gain this week. Yay! joy.gif I walked a bit extra this week and tried to do a low carb low sugar thing and even though my fundal height went up 2 cm I only gained 1 lb, instead of fundal height going up 1 cm and gaining 2 lbs. This weekend is not looking so good for the low carb and sugar diet though. DD's bday party tomorrow = cake, pizza, and pop; and then superbowl = pizza, and I told myself I could get my chocolate covered oreos too. At least there will be other people to share them with.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#19 of 28 Old 02-01-2013, 07:13 PM

Is your daughter's actual birthday tomorrow or just her party? My dd's birthday is tomorrow too! Which probably means eating out at a Chinese restaurant (she loves pot stickers and fortune cookies) and cake. So I'm trying to convince my lazy butt to get up off the couch and go for a run to try offsetting tomorrow's damage, LOL.

I'm happy that you saw some positive results for your efforts, BaileyB. I know for me sometimes pregnancy weight gain can feel like it just happens despite what I do, and the feeling of losing or lacking control can drive me mad. So I'm happy for you! Now enjoy your weekend guilt free!

#20 of 28 Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:

Is your daughter's actual birthday tomorrow or just her party? My dd's birthday is tomorrow too! Which probably means eating out at a Chinese restaurant (she loves pot stickers and fortune cookies) and cake. So I'm trying to convince my lazy butt to get up off the couch and go for a run to try offsetting tomorrow's damage, LOL.

I'm happy that you saw some positive results for your efforts, BaileyB. I know for me sometimes pregnancy weight gain can feel like it just happens despite what I do, and the feeling of losing or lacking control can drive me mad. So I'm happy for you! Now enjoy your weekend guilt free!

This is what I was afraid of too but I was glad to see it helped a bit. Her actual birthday is the 4th. Maybe an extra treadmill walk tomorrow would be a good idea with so much cake and pizza going on this week.

#21 of 28 Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:

Not that there's anything wrong with your muffin plan smile.gif but just another idea for future reference, if you cut up the frozen bananas into somewhat smaller pieces (maybe quarters) then put them in a food processor they will turn into a great banana gelato. banana.gif

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#22 of 28 Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post

Uuuuuh, Cadbury Creme Eggs and/or Mini Eggs. Thank the Lord they are only out for a short part of the year.

That was me last night! I still have a massive bag of mini eggs in my drawer. Creme eggs are the best thing ever.

Also, I'm drinking a lot of fizzy drinks which I never usually do at all. I went for Sprite because it had the least bad ingredients out of everything I looked at. And it really does make me feel better.

#23 of 28 Old 02-14-2013, 08:55 PM

Cadbury creme eggs

Peanut m&M's

Vanilla-based ice creams

Bagels with cream cheese

Spaghetti with Via Roma sauce

SuperPretzels

SODA!  I can't believe  I am drinking soda!  Full on sugar.  When I Can remember I get to WHole Foods and buy their store brand which is cheap and uses cane sugar as opposed to HFCS

Juice

~~~Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...you've got to run like a lamb queen out of control~~~
#24 of 28 Old 02-15-2013, 01:09 AM

I discovered a new weakness last night; vanilla ice cream with maple syrup poured over it. Yum!

#25 of 28 Old 02-15-2013, 03:07 AM

Oh no, that sounds gross lol
#26 of 28 Old 02-15-2013, 03:53 AM

Hehe, I love maple syrup, so I'm really glad I don't have an aversion to it!

#27 of 28 Old 02-15-2013, 12:50 PM

Wow now all I can think of is an ice cream sandwhich. my midwives were like we'd rather you eat good ice cream over processed foods of HFCS any day. And said I could have it everyday if I want! WAH???? Really....

and on the way home is a chocolatier who makes their own ice cream and cookies... and they have put the 2 together.... any combo you like... oh gosh!!! I haven't been there in the last 6 months... Ok I did once but didn't get anything. It is next to my OBGYN and I promised myself a treat for going to the OB for a PAP and as a back up as agreed on by my midwives. When I walked in I had a major aversion to everything I saw and only wanted the cucumber waiting my car. I actually cried a little because the once good reason I had to get something and I just couldn't do it!

Today I might anyway....

I also crave breakfast sanwhiches, which the midwives were also ok with as long as I limit the salty meats on it... but I really want ham or bacon on them... which I never liked until I was pregnant with DD....

Other things I crave are hot wings, burgers and meat balls...beer, wine, sushi....

For healthier things I crave salad, cucumbers, red peppers, oranges, yogurt.....

That vanilla ice cream with maple syrup sounds yummy too, and it is just about maple season here! 2whistle.gif

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

#28 of 28 Old 02-15-2013, 01:48 PM

Mmmm, I wish we had hot wings here, that would be great. But I am going for sushi tomorrow so all is well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page