Pregnant with minimal symptoms - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my third pregnancy, I'm 4wks3days along and have known for nearly ten days we were pregnant ( the joys of ttc) but thus far my only symptoms are tiredness and breast sensitivity when nursing ds2. I had a similar pregnancy with ds1 who is now 5. Trying not to worry so just wondering if anyone else too has minimal symptoms in early pregnancy?
#2 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Been pregnant twice. I did not start feeling any symptoms until 6-7 weeks with each kid. First symptom, was bad heartburn. Then, the sore boobs, then around 8-9 weeks, the flood gates opened!!!

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#3 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 AM

DD was only 8 months when I got pregnant with my DS.  My periods were mostly regular at that point even though I was breastfeeding but I was just so busy that I didn't realize that my period was late.  I didn't think much about then even until my DH told me that my pee smelled disgusting :)  He said that the last time it smelled that way was when I was pregnant with DD.  I laughed it off because I felt totally fine.

I took a test, though, and sure enough:  BFP.  I was shocked because I definitely did not feel pregnant and honestly it did not even cross my mind that I was.  I was almost seven weeks at that point. 

At around 8 weeks the intense nausea started :)

Congrats, mama!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#4 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM

My first was like that, if we weren't trying so hard to get pregnant, I wouldn't have known!  The extreme fatigue around the midway point of the first trimester finally convinced me it was true...

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#5 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies for your replies, I know every pregnancy is different but besides the tiredness and being a bit dizzy I feel really "normal" have emailed my midwife so that has put my mind at ease.
#6 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM

I was the same as you, and didn't get any more symptoms until 6 weeks. Now at over 9 weeks I'm desperate for the symptoms to go away!

#7 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM

You are still pretty early. For me, symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks at 6 weeks.

Granola-ey, crunchy, marathoning, natural living Christian mamatreehugger.gif down south with DHguitar.gif and DD1 (6)dust.gif, DD2 (2)energy.gif, and DD3 babygirl.gif.    homebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFgoorganic.jpghomeschool.gif
#8 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM

I am pregnant with my 4th and honestly, had the HPT not given me a BFP I wouldn't know I was pregnant until second tri.  My only symptom is fatigue, and missed period. I'm very thankful for that but at the same time it makes it difficult for me to accept the reality that I am in deed pregnant. 

#9 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 PM

I have only had 1 out of my 11 pregnancies where I had any real "1st trimester" symptoms.  The one that I DID have them was a late first-tri miscarriage, so obviously that busted the "symptoms would reassure me" idea.  It does always seem like it would ease the mind though to actually FEEL pregnant from the start!

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#10 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 PM

Not feeling much either. Until today. Wow the bionic nose is driving me mad. Everything smells. So I couldn't eat anything. Then got hungry. Then nauseous! It's a vicious, torturous circle. I'm 6wks this Sunday.

I was worried too-- I've had little symptoms that I remember from last time. I am also driving myself crazy thinking about what I felt like during the 8wks before a miscarriage. Ugh! I'm right here with you!

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

#11 of 11 Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 PM

Same deal here. With each of my three kids, and my 12 week MC last fall, I have first been alerted to the pregnancy by smell sensitivity and nausea right around the time I should've been getting my period. This time, I took a test yesterday and was surprised by the positive result because, although I'm over a week late, I just don't feel pregnant. I have been getting headaches, and I'm a little extra tired and extra hungry, but the lack of morning sickness is a little disconcerting. Don't get me wrong- I'll take it! It just worries me a little, especially after the miscarriage.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page