Conceiving on the first try... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first baby was a surprise, no trying involved, current pregnancy, I quit birth control and got pregnant on my very first cycle, I wasn't charting or anything
#32 of 45 Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 PM

I'm a part of this club as well. I missed 5 days of my BCP after 13 years of being on... That's all it took! This was a surprise pregnancy. smile.gif

#33 of 45 Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 AM

My ds was conceived after about four months.. he was unintentional. My SO and I were alternating between birth control/condoms and absolutely nothing the whole time. Needless to say, I was shocked because I didn't think the birth control would wear off so quickly since I was so sporadic with it.

I'm currently due in November 2013 and this pregnancy happened instantly. I'm secretly excited. DS and this baby will be just about 2 years apart which is exactly what I wanted. orngbiggrin.gif

#34 of 45 Old 03-21-2013, 10:29 AM

Got pregnant last year on the first try, ended in mc at 14w5d last June. 

This time around, got pregnant again on the first try, and I am just over 13w.

I am 35, have immune system issues and am overweight - so I am glad I can get pregnant so easily, I was prepared for it to be much more difficult...

#35 of 45 Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 AM

I did NOT think it would happen on the first try. I know quite a few people for whom it has not been that easy. But yeah, first try for us. I was charting, was on my third cycle off the pill, when we gave it a go. DH had said previously that he was confident he'd get me pregnant on the first try. He's quite pleased with himself, lol. I think it had considerably less to do with him, and more to do with my knowledge of charting. Men, eh? eyesroll.gif

Mom to Ava - 10/8/13 love.gif 
#36 of 45 Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 PM

I have been pregnant 3 times, and all 3 times we were actively trying to NOT get pregnant, through marking on calendars when my period is, observing my symptoms loosely, and mainly using condoms 60-90% of the time, with withdrawl the other 10-40% of the time when we felt we were far away from ovulation (depends on the year, slowly we got more confident with withdrawl). Then with this third pregnancy, we were a little more ready, so we moved to DTD unprotected maybe 1-3 times a month, when we were pretty sure we were safe. The first two pregnancies were unfortunately miscarriages, but this one is going strong! For me, it has always been tinged with complicated emotions, because I haven't felt I was ready any of the 3 times (health issues, financial issues, living in small spaces, etc). Honestly, I have  decided that those pregnancies were learning/growing experiences for me (aside from the miracle of creating a new life, the most important part), and were probably intended by God to push me and hubby along, growth-wise, to increase our capacity to love. Because it logically just didn't make sense, the circumstances surrounding the pregnancies. Like is someone really that fertile? A couple drops of....you know what?

Some women do get pregnant easily, and I think when you are in forums or listening to people, you only really hear about the women who are having a harder time, so it starts to seem like you are weird if you get pregnant easily. I do know a lot of women that conceived on their first tries, because they let me know. Never ventured to ask about the second babies. :)  With this baby, I literally ovulated on day 6 or 7, because my early ultrasound showed that the baby was 7 days ahead of schedule, and that correlates with our DTD. However, I know I don't always ovulate early like that. I believe I conceived on day 15 with another pregnancy.

I actually think that taking a lot of vitamins and nutritional supplements can cause the egg to release early, I ended up reading that online and I kinda believe it in my case. I was drinking a lot of Acai juice when I conceived early in my cycle this time, and that juice was making me feel amazing! (stopped it now, might not be preg safe)

#37 of 45 Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Me too. I feel like a jerk over on TTC because I try to not get obsessive about the whole TTC thing so I don't read/post most of the time. That works well until around the start of the second week of the TWW, when I start symptom spotting and wanting to talk about it, and then get a BFP not long after. At least that's what happened last time, and it looks like it may happen again.

#1 was conceived 2 or 3 months after coming off birth control and letting nature take it's course. At the time I thought I had PCOS and would likely have problems. Haha.

#2 was conceived the first month of trying, with only very basic knowledge of my cycle.

#3 was a surprise

#4 we had one month where we tried replicating the birth-control failure of #3, but were unsuccessful (half-trying, I guess you'd say). This month was our first month trying, and it's too early to call (Day 12 or 13 DPO, having some symptoms, BFN this morning, AF not due for another 2-3 days). It wouldn't surprise me if it went either way.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#38 of 45 Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 PM

I guess I belong here too.  My first was conceived the first month we tried, but ended in miscarriage.  My second (DS1) was conceived the month after.  My third (DS2) was conceived after one try doing artificial insemination.  I'm hoping the next will be a DD and will only take on try in May (doing AI again).

Candy, Mom to Matthew (5/02) and Ethan (10/07)

Trying for #3 starting 5/13

#39 of 45 Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 AM

Daughter - two months of trying, only checking cervical mucus, she'll be eight in May

Son - conceived first shot, only checking cervical mucus externally, he passed away two years ago at a month old
Current baby in the hopper - conceived first shot, only checking cervical mucus externally, due in November

:)

#40 of 45 Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 PM

Same with me. We conceived the first month. I'm very aware of my body so that helps as well as having normal cycles. My husband calls himself a sniper. Lol I call it a blessing.
#41 of 45 Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 PM

My first was conceived on our first try, she is the most amazing blessing i could ever ask for. This baby was a surprise, we were practicing the withdrawal method, my first clue was feeling nauseous one night before dinner. I thought, "umm, what?! Surely, it cant be..." Apparently we are both so fertile that even when we arent trying it happens. I know thats not too uncommon but it still amazes me. We'll definitely be more careful from now on. While we love kids, we dont want to end up with more than three (the next one will be planned, hopefully).

Mama to I (3/11) and pregnant again (3/20/13) love.gif

The richness of life cannot be sold nor bought. --me
#42 of 45 Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

My first was a complete surprise.  I was charting, knew I was very fertile, we used a condom that dh said didn't appear to have broken, and two weeks later I discovered I was pregnant!  We were about ready to conceive when I got pregnant with my 2nd, we thought maybe we'd just stop trying to avoid it in Feb.  In January we dtd on cd 11 with no protection.  I hadn't noticed any overt fertile symptoms, but I admit I wasn't watching too closely.  I O'd cd 15 (thought 4 days between dtd and O was quite a long shot), and bam!  Pregnant again.  I do want more, it will be interesting to see if we have to actually try for the next one.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

#43 of 45 Old 04-10-2013, 05:31 AM

I'm on my eighth pregnancy right now.

The first one, we were young and just being careless about prevention. I have no idea how many cycles we had sex and failed to use protection, as I wasn't paying nearly enough attention. Luckily my husband not-so-secretly really wanted a baby. wink1.gif

The second time, we decided to TTC and found out I was already pregnant. We must have gotten pregnant on my very first post-pregnancy cycle.

The third time we decided to just let things fall where they may, so I wasn't keeping track at all, but we still got pregnant pretty much right away after my cycle returned.

The fourth time, we were actively TTC, and it took three or four months. I was freaking out, thinking something was wrong. I knew that was stupid at the time, but I couldn't help it. It was also a really stressful time for us (we moved to another state and hated it there), so that and my crazy freaking out probably made it harder to get pregnant.

The next three times, we were actively preventing. I lost two of those, which I think is related to medication I was taking at the time (which was part of why we were preventing.)

This time we decided not to actively TTC, but not to actively prevent. I got pregnant on the second cycle.

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#44 of 45 Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Corrina, I send my deepest sympathies for you for the loss of your son.

But also my heartiest congrats on your DD and pregnancy.

#45 of 45 Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Thank you so very, very much, demeter.  <3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page