Is it Twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi im currently pregnant with my 4th child and its actually my 8th pregnancy!! Im 9weeks 5 days i have never been so sick and tired in my life! none of my other pregnancys felt this bad the sickness has doubled if not tripled in this pregnancy and ive had it for the last 6 weeks! ive just got this niggling feeling that its twins! I did some reasearch and it said twins are more likely to happen with woman who have had lots of previous pregnancys, which i have,  have a bmi of 30 or over which i have , Just might i add lol and are over 35 which im not but 28 so pushing that way. Does anyone have any other information on signs ur having twins? or has anyone had the same and found out they were right?

#2 of 3 Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM

I was sicker - much, much sicker - and sooner with my twins. However, even though the vomiting started at 6-6.5 weeks or so, it actually ended sooner than in my singleton pregnancies - go figure. Not sure if it's just that the hormone surge happened sooner or the fact that I was on a Zofran pump (medication) starting at 10 weeks that made the difference, or both.

I don't think 28 counts as "advanced maternal age" though! HA! That made me smile. I was 36 when I had my twins - fraternal - so I did fit the profile of "over 35/fraternal twins more likely".

GL!

#3 of 3 Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 PM

I was never sick at all with my first two, but this time around I was super sick beginning at 5.5 weeks. I had severe 24 hour a day nausea. I had lost 5 lbs by 8 weeks, then I went in zofran and unisom/b6 around the clock. I was worried about twins since I'm 38 and have twin uncles and twin cousins. But guess what...there's only 1 in there. Thank goodness.

mama to DD (7), DS (3.5), and another DS arriving in August!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page