Period-like cramps - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

38 weeks 3 days pregnant with wonderful #3. It's been 12 years since I've been pregnant and I swear I've forgotten what it feels like. Add all the variables of labor and I'm lost! smile.gif     My question today is about some pain I've been experiencing on and off. I can only describe it as a period-like cramping that wraps all the way around to my lower back. It doesn't seem to surge like BH or contractions but rather, just aches all the time.  Baby is at 0 station ( I swear she's even lower)  and I'm 2cm dilated and 75% effaced. I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this menstrual-like cramping before labor.   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM

This is how both of my labors began. Good luck mama! :)

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Old 02-20-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I didn't have this persistant ache with either of my previous pregnancies and I'm probably being overly cautious because I had an issue with the scar from my 1st preg. c-sect.  By the way,  I'm so happy to be back among all the wondering people in the Mothering community. It's been ages since I've been active in the forums.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:17 PM

Do post an update if you can, please! I'm curious if it really was labor. (And I'm living vicariously through your maybe-labor excitement.) :)

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Old 02-20-2013, 09:38 PM

That was how my labor with DS started as well.  Good luck!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Still pregnant but the cramping is intensifying and I'm thinking cntx are beginning. We're getting alot of snow here in northern WI so I'm hoping the drive to hosp. isn't too bad (sadly, homebirth isn't an option).

Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

For me, that meant I was in labor!  (My labor contractions felt EXACTLY like menstrual cramps, except they would go away--whereas my menstrual cramps last for hours on end).

User Tag List