If this is your third baby... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-09-2013, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...did you notice any differences this time around, emotionally and/or physically?

-Showing sooner, or not?

-Feeling movement sooner, or wondering why you aren't feeling movement yet?

-More relaxed about being in labor, or more stressed?

-Worried about three kids, or thinking "aw, I'm a pro at this parenting thing now - three is no big deal!"

Just curious, ladies!

I will be 18 weeks along on Monday 3/12 and I just look like I have a chubby tummy and I don't think I feel any movement yet. I heard that moms typically show sooner with their third, fourth, fifth, etc baby. Not me! I'm sort of disappointed about that. Also, the lack of baby kicking is driving me CRAZY! I had an appointment last Monday and everything checked out fine.

Regarding labor...I'm actually a bit nervous this time around! With my first DD I took a class, felt empowered, and handled my labor pretty well. Second DD I was an anxious mess! I started labor in the middle of my work shift and things progressed VERY quickly. I did not feel in control and begged for a walking epidural before I was even done with the pre-admit checkup. I don't want this third labor to be like the second WHATSOEVER. I am definitely going to take a class again, will look into trying a water birth this time, and may even hire a doula. I want to be completely prepared and confident.

I'm not worried about three kids, and am actually pretty excited! My oldest DD is 5 1/2 and she understands so much more than when I was pregnant with her sister. I think she will be an awesome helper!

#2 of 6 Old 03-09-2013, 02:36 PM

My 3rd pg definitely felt like my "wild card", but it also ended up being a boy, and a MUCH larger baby to boot! (My first two were 7lb girls with 13" heads. my son was just under 10lbs with a 15.5" head...big difference!)

So while we didn't know any of that during the pregnancy, I was MUCH larger and it was a very physically painful pregnancy. I didn't have any anxiety about birth, but I absolutely love birth and we do it unassisted so I was just as excited as ever.

I bet your ODD will have a blast with being so much older this time! I am looking forward to that same experience....my eldest just turned 7 (also have a 4.5 year old and a 3 year old).

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#3 of 6 Old 03-09-2013, 02:57 PM

I am definitely showing sooner this time.  Felt movement at about the same time as last time.  Not worried much about adding a third to the mix.  I already feel stretched beyond my limit, so adding another isn't concerning me too much.  I'm really not worried about labor at all.  My first two were born vaginally, but the births were far from perfect.  I was disappointed with both (much less disappointed with my second, but still).  I was so attached to having a great birth experience the first two times and was let down.  This time, I don't care all that much how the baby gets here as long as we're both healthy.  I mean, of course I prefer vaginal over cesarean and it would be nice if I could have no interventions or pain meds, but I'm really not attached to it.  Whatever happens will happen and I'm not worried about it.

#4 of 6 Old 03-09-2013, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I just had #3 1 month ago, so all of this is very fresh in my mind. ... (my 2 girls are 4.5 and 2.5 and I just had a boy)

did you notice any differences this time around, emotionally and/or physically?

I was much more sick, tired, impatient, irritated at the beginning and so so so much more sore at the end. I gained less weight (16 lbs, compared to 22lbs and 45lbs)and exercised so much less (again, I couldn't move at the end because I was so so sore)

-Showing sooner, or not?

I think about the same as with both girls, a bit of a pooch, but nothing too noticeable until after 20 weeks. -

Feeling movement sooner, or wondering why you aren't feeling movement yet?

I didn't feel much movement with any of the kids till right around 20 weeks.

-More relaxed about being in labor, or more stressed?

I didn't worry at all about labor till I was close.... I had the most incredible birth with DD2 and wanted the same thing... it was painful, but so magical. This time it was painful and felt a little more out of control (luckily both of the last 2 were super fast.

-Worried about three kids, or thinking "aw, I'm a pro at this parenting thing now - three is no big deal!"

Well, I was not worried, but now that it is here, I am a bit overwhelmed. DDs are fighting like crazy and DS is more needy as a baby. but it is easier than going from 0-1 and I would say easier for me than 1-2. I have become a little more patient with myself and DH works from home, so I have extra help if I NEED it.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#5 of 6 Old 03-10-2013, 04:05 PM

With #3, I showed sooner, felt movements sooner, got more pains earlier...  I was not worried about L&D (in retrospect I should have been more concerned - for me it was my second vaginal birth, so I think similar to your second).  I was not worried about parenting three.

#4 - I'm showing similar to last time, but feeling movements later.  The pains are starting even earlier.  I am very worried about how I'll cope with labor - I am not proud of my labor last time. :(  I'm not too worried about parenting four, but I do know there will be more "I can't handle this" moments and I don't look forward to that. :(

Susan, mama to Catherine (June 2008); Becca (April 2010); John (January 2012); and Julia (EDD August 2013)
#6 of 6 Old 03-10-2013, 09:39 PM

Showing sooner?  Yes

Feeling movement sooner?  No, it sort of freaked me out but it had to do with the location of my placenta.

Relaxed or stressed about Labor?  I'm having a c-section.  While I've had two c-sections before this is the first that is planned.  I'm half glad that I can be prepared for it and half scared because I know it's coming.

Worried about three kids?  Yes and no.  The transition to two was hard for us because of some of DD1s issues/age and DD2 having reflux.  DD1 has come a long way and we are more prepared to combat the reflux (I think).  I'm not completely terrified but I'm not feeling overly confident either...just trying to give myself grace.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page