Leg Cramps - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Somebody Help Me Please.

Im 32 weeks and suddenly the leg cramps just started. They wake me up out of my sleep and its terrible. I can barely move let alone walk. Sometimes I can massage them away but yesterday they werent going anywhere... please tel me theres some secret mother wisdom way of easing this pain.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My calcium/magnesium supplement seems to be helping. I take 2 calcium/mag/zinc/D3 supplements before bed (2 during the day too and my prenatal in the morning), this one

Other than that, when I do occasionally get a cramp, I will stretch my toe and foot back for a few minutes and if that doesn't alleviate it I'll walk around on it for a bit. I also try to avoid extending my foot as in pointing my toe as that sometimes brings one on for me. They really suck!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Old 03-11-2013, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

You can get in the habit of streching your calves every day too.  That will keep them a little looser.  I also read to put your foot down on a cold floor.  Quinalla is right about not pointing your toes too.  Try to flex the toes up anytime you can.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 PM

A magnesium bath/soak usually helps me. (i never found much relief with my cal/mag, and when I take it I get really vivid nightmares (weird?!!?) so I stick with soaking). I also took homeopathic zincum metallicum last time and I think it helped a bit.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM

I'm 32 weeks along too and was having horrible leg cramps that woke me up every night, despite calcium and magnesium supplements. Then I started drinking nettle tea as part of my quest to be GBS- and my nightly cramps went away after the first day! I purchased a pound of dried nettles from vistacost.com and each night I boil a quart of water and then add it to a half cup of dried nettles and let it steep overnight. I strain out the nettles the next morning and drink the quart of tea throughout the day. My back doesn't hurt either, so I assume it helps with those muscle aches too! It tastes like a medicinal tea, but overall not too bad of a flavor. Here's a website that has more benefits of nettles while pregnant: http://www.susunweed.com/Article_Pregnancy_Problems.htm

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09

User Tag List