Everything about genital herpes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been meaning to start thread.tonite i want to ask about postpartum bleeding. I know for me with genital herpes, please breatha bility is a very big issue, blood, sweatiness, non breathable fibers come close to me & i am in trouble. I wonder what to do postpartum for pads. Its late, but i am hoping to find others with this health issue to relate outside of my DDC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What about cloth pads?

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

I use 100% cotton flannel pads.  Easy to make if you have basic sewing skills, though I got mine from Glad Rags years ago, I think.  I don't have personal experience on the herpes issue, but it sounds like cotton pads would work well for you in general. 

I bled a LOT the first few days after birth though, so no normal pads would have helped.  I used the giant hospital "diaper" pads for the first week or so.  You might want to google ultra absorbent cotton pads and/or how to make them if contact with synthetic fibers is really problematic for you. 

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.

User Tag List