I'm two days overdue... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know due dates are unreliable. We purposely told people "March" when they asked the due date, because I will be 41 weeks from conception on April 1, which meant the baby would be born before then. I'm always the one telling others to be patient and that the baby comes when it comes.

BUT! I'm so uncomfortable! I can't sleep, my back hurts and now my ankles hurt when I walk, I think because of the extra weight.

Here is my question, with my first baby I went into labor 38 weeks DOC. (Which is the due date, right?) And she was born a day later. I thought second babies were supposed to come earlier? For this baby, 38 weeks DOC was Monday. Why isn't this baby here yet?

Please tell me it will come soon and there is no way I will go until April 1!!

Happy mama to two homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg DD's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

I'd talk to your mom if she's available about what her pregnancies and births were like. It seems to be very hereditary. My mother had morning sickness for the first 3 months for all 3 of her pregnancies, and I do as well. She also went over her due dates every time. Her first was two weeks overdue, second 3 weeks and I was a month late (though they won't let that fly anymore). I was 8 days late with my first and I fully expect this one to be late as well, and I expect to be completely and utterly miserable about it.

A friend of mine swears that the last month of pregnancy makes you not fear going into labour. Because by that point, you don't care if the baby is coming out your nose, so long as the baby's comes out. (She's had three all natural water births.)

I truly hope you get to meet your wee one soon in the next few days.

Me (34) (PCOS), DH (36) and DD1 (4) and DD2(1). We are going to go for a third. Now, will we succeed?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 PM

I don't know if I'd put a lot of stock in it being hereditary. My mom was over due with me and had long labors.  My labors are fairly short compared to hers and I've been like clockwork around 40 weeks every time (so far!).  My pregnancies don't seem to have resembled hers at all. Sorry, I'm not help but I know I will feel similar to you if I go over this time.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

My sister was six weeks early, I was four weeks early, and my other sister was two weeks early. So, nothing like my mom. Which is a good thing, since she said all the time "none of you would have ever been born without an epidural" and this is my second homebirth. smile.gif

Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 PM

I went to 42 weeks with my first so I know to get in my head to think about 42/43 weeks with this one.  :)  The first thing to remember is that you are not "overdue" until 42 weeks and to just remember that you are doing right by waiting for spontaneous labor no matter how uncomfy it is!  Good luck mama!!

Work-at-home mama of one tot with another on the way!

I blog here and at www.hippieswithbabies.com.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

My mom had all three of us around 38 weeks and so I was totally prepared to have my babe around then.  Well, 41 weeks reared its head and by that time I was a basket case.  It's really really hard, but I think it's best to let go of any preconceived notions about when this babe MIGHT show up.  All babies are different, and while there might be a predisposition in a certain direction, it's not deterministic.  Perhaps go to some prenatal yoga classes?  Or take some long walks or cuddle your little one.  Soak your feet in cool water.   Watch favorite movies or read some good novels.  Try to find things to do that you find relaxing and enjoyable that don't strain your energy.  I hope your babe comes soon!

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Each of of my first three pregnancies got longer each time! Not fair IMO but that's how it worked for me.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM

My second came earlier, so she was just 2 weeks, 2 days overdue, not 3 weeks like her brother!  ROTFLMAO.gif

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 AM

My mom had me 7.5 weeks early then each of my siblings between 1-2 weeks before "due date".

My babies have been born the day after his due date then my second 4 days after his due date. Currently preg with #3.

Good luck momma, I hope your babe makes his appearance soon smile.gif
Old 03-16-2013, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had my first at 39 weeks and my second at 40 weeks, 3 days, so she wasn't earlier than her big brother.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 03-17-2013, 11:55 AM

My first was 2 days after her EDD. My second was a week after his EDD.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Old 03-17-2013, 11:17 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You'e not overdue til after 42 weeks, a normal healthy pregnancy can range from 37-42 weeks, although I've known moms who delivered at 36 weeks and 43.5 weeks and their babys were of normal weight and no complications, perfectly normal and healthy everything!  Women and babys are all diff, and assigning everyone a number or date is just not reasonable, the baby will come when it and your body are ready :)   That being said I know how miserable it can be, I was 41 weeks

Old 03-18-2013, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannanachild View Post

Here is my question, with my first baby I went into labor 38 weeks DOC. (Which is the due date, right?) And she was born a day later. I thought second babies were supposed to come earlier? For this baby, 38 weeks DOC was Monday. Why isn't this baby here yet?

Please tell me it will come soon and there is no way I will go until April 1!!

In my family's experience, babies seem to come later and later with subsequent pregnancies...except for one of my sisters, but with my mother, and other sisters, we seemed to go longer each time.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 AM

LOL!  I wish my babies would at least be on time!  

#1 one week late

#2 16 days late

#3 ON TIME!  Woo hoo!

#4 one week late

#5 10 days late

We'll see how #6 goes.  I think babies come when babies are ready, regardless of the date assigned to be their "due date".  

Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone. I've been reading the responded when I need a pep talk. I'm now 41 weeks and one day. Everything still checks out as normal' low bp, good fetal hr, no swelling...
The only problem is I'm so ready to be done!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:

Thanks, everyone. I've been reading the responded when I need a pep talk. I'm now 41 weeks and one day. Everything still checks out as normal' low bp, good fetal hr, no swelling...

You can do it!  Just think of how ready you'll be once labor finally sets in.  When both my babes were overdue I liked to think that I just have a cozy uterus and they don't want to leave.  It makes me feel better about myself.  lol.gif

Here's a smilie from my son, to brighten your day!  Welcome.gif

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:

Hang in there!  I was 2 weeks early, my younger sister was two weeks late.  My mom STILL talks about how long that extra 4 weeks felt!

Can you do something nice for yourself, like go for a massage or pedicure?  Something you can't do once baby arrives?  I'm glad to hear everything checks out well.

Good luck to you and to your babe!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

User Tag List