concerned!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am worried lately. Im 12 weeks this week.On Monday I did not feel pregnant, just hollow, empty. No nausea  no dizziness.Its Friday and still all symptoms gone. All I have is just the bad taste of food in my mouth. I have not been eating well all throughout this pregnancy. I have no apetite. I lost 5kg so far. I called the clinic and they said I can have a scan at 20 weeks. Its a bit long to wait to find out. I have a 17year old daughter. I cant remember how it felt because I found out I was pregnant with her at 22 weeks. It makes me think maybe I dont get all the symptoms, because I did not know I was pregnant with her till I was that far. 

Anybody familiar with this please. 

Thank YOu.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

It's normal for nausea and dizziness and such to go away at the end of the first trimester.  You are going into the second, and that's the good part where you feel better and have more energy.  It's also fairly normal to lose weight during the first trimester when you feel sick and have no appetite.  I lost weight and gained it all back in the second trimester.  I started to feel less nauseous by 11 weeks. 

Could the clinic listen for the baby's heartbeat with a doppler?  The baby is big enough now that they should be able to pick up the heartbeat on a doppler instead of an ultrasound. 

Listen to your intuition and ask for a checkup if it would put your mind at ease, but try not to worry too much.  This might all be completely normal.  Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy! 

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I agree with pokey - it is quite normal, anywhere from 10-13 weeks is when I start feeling a LOT better. I agree that if it would put your mind at ease, ask your practitioner to listen for the heartbeat on the doppler (if they say no to such a simple request, I would find a new provider!). But I wouldn't worry too much, it sounds normal.

Granola-ey, crunchy, marathoning, natural living Christian mamatreehugger.gif down south with DHguitar.gif and DD1 (6)dust.gif, DD2 (2)energy.gif, and DD3 babygirl.gif.    homebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFgoorganic.jpghomeschool.gif
#4 of 4 Old 03-20-2013, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup, it is very normal for most pregnant women to have symptoms subside around that time. I too recommend a doppler to listen for the HB if they might be able to do that for your peace of mind, but I wouldn't worry about symptoms subsiding as you move into the 2nd trimester if that is all that is happening.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page