Hip shrinking bands-Do they work? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Have you seen those ads for postpartum belts that are supposed to give support and also help your hips shrink back to their original size or smaller?  I think some of them may double as maternity support belts.  I often see them advertised together.  Have you tried them?  Do you know anyone who has?  They seem intriguing, but they could also be a waste of money.  I would love to hear any personal experiences.  Thanks!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#2 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The only people I've seen them work for are those women who had hot bodies before and more than likely pre-disposed looking hot post-partum as well! LOL (and I've seen the hot body ladies return to their hot selves without the belt also)

I tried it, it didn't work for me but my body's never been a work of art.

#3 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM

LOL! I never had a hot body, but a postpartum binder such as www.bellefit.com did work wonders for me. I used a belly bandit. Am ordering the bellefit this time. As for the ones like hipshrinx... Who knows? I have wide hips, which seem to make birth easier, so I don't want to mess with that!

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#4 of 5 Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Bumping up in case someone else has someting to share!  Thank you!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#5 of 5 Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM

My best friend just had twins and used a squeem binder (which does hips to below boobs) She said it helped a lot with post partum pubic symphysis pain (after carrying 10 pounds worth of baby in her pelvis) and she looking f-ing amazing...like better than she did pre-babies in the belly. I'm having her mail it to me to use after I deliver! I'm also a big believer that if something is done across multiple geographically diverse cultures for hundreds of years there's probably something to it and belly binding is def a thing all over the world (Malaysia, Mexico, India, China)...I think it makes sense physiologically too to squeeze everything together while you still have a lot of relaxin hormone in your system those first 8 weeks and all the connective tissue is still really soft.

American midwife, living in London. Expecting baby number 1 in late June, early July!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page