When did your MW hear your baby's hb by doppler? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Because I'm a loss mama I think my mw was trying to give me reassurance early. That backfired. It sent me spinning. And an us is not the answer to my anxiety it will only show me best case senario a baby that is alive THEN. That will last an hour. When I was quiet I realised I need to feel my baby move first that deffering to medical tests to give me a guess on how healthy my pregnancy is is only going to make me spin. I wasn't like this before pregnancy #5, I knew then something was wrong. (I had a bo) this pregnancy is different much different but not hearing 100% the hb (although we did we couldn't hold it) sent me back to the trauma of being pregnant but not. Then I look at stats like a crack addict looks for a dealer smile.gif so when my mw said she expects to hear a hb by 12 weeks...I freaked more. Now I know they pop up when ready. And that I'm not a stat. And I got to haave some faith and wait to feel my baby move I want to bond and have faith in my body again. I'm rambling. Lol

8 might be enough
#32 of 37 Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 PM

Shiloh, I am so happy to hear how this has been for you and the immense thought process here. I am planning on very little monitoring from us and doppler next pregnancy. When I am having doubt and fear, I will think of your strength.
#33 of 37 Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 PM

Double post
#34 of 37 Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter

My mw never did a doppler or us.
Ironic.
With my first 4 pregnancies I avoided extra appointments. I was secure in mmy pregnancy. Last timme I panicked as something was wrong my hcg was low my gp said not viable she was right. This pregnancy I'm terrified things will go badly. I'm trying to get back to that confidence in my pregnancy and if I have another loss there's probably nothing I could do. And yes I could go get a hb at 11 weeks and know I don't have another bo but I've met women with 12+ week losses so there's no "safe" time. This time I've told everyone as well lol. So these "checks" don't solve my anxiety. I have to cure that to get my sanity back.

8 might be enough
#35 of 37 Old 04-07-2013, 03:31 PM

11 weeks with this one. 10 weeks with the last but if was hard to find.  Don't remember with baby #1. My midwifes (this and last one) said the same thing it's hard to find at 10-11 weeks. If it worries you and you don't want the ultrasound then ask her to try longer.  Tell her you want to hear the babies heartbeat even if it take 10 minutes of looking. 

supermod.gif who isbelly.gifwith #4  has jumpers.gif . Believe in homeschool.gif,bfinfant.gif,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF,h20homebirth.gif,goorganic.jpg,saynovax.gif

#36 of 37 Old 04-07-2013, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting. I guess since standard of care here is first visit at 12 weeks she probably doesn't have much experience with patients under 12

8 might be enough
#37 of 37 Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM

My MW found mine at 9.5 weeks, but it took her over 5 min of searching.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page