Pregnant after vasectomy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Icloudious

#1 of 4 Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone gotten pregnant after DP had a vasectomy? My DP was tested later and no sperm was present but gosh I am feeling very pregnant. I've read about a few cases like this...anyone have personal experience?

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
#2 of 4 Old 03-27-2013, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The failure rate is still 1% per year.
Men often fail to go back for all of their follow ups and the body can repair itself. I knew a woman who did get pregnant after her husbands vas - he didn't go for follow up.

8 might be enough
#3 of 4 Old 06-04-2014, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation Vasectomy failure!

My husband had a vasectomy 7 years ago. He was tested every year and there was nothing but a few non motiles. I conceived in early July 2013 and we now have a beautiful baby girl. Like others I thought I had stomach issues after my stepson contracted an amoeba and pin worms in Africa. For two months I brushed off the stomach bug and tiredness and then in September went to the doctor to be told I was pregnant. He was 52 and I was 42 when we found out...and together we already (had) 6! The pregnancy was a shock as the urologist had been clear that the chance was 'a thousandth of 1% ....basically 1 in a million. The pregnancy was hard in our relationship....he wanted to terminate & I simply could not though it was not the most rational choice. After she was born we had a paternity test ....he said he knew but his buddies, the urologist, the lawyer and therapist (and x wife) all raised doubts and the power if suggestion is strong. He is the daddy (of course)...it happens. He has since had a revasectomy. She is beautiful and we love her to bits as do her 4 brothers and two sisters!!! Of course our relationship is stretched by the choice which he still sees as mine...(and selfish in that) so we are in counselling. She wanted to be here obviously. Some people win the lottery we conceived against the odds. ;-) blessings!
applejuice likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 06-04-2014, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Icloudious - I am sorry about your predicament. I hope you can work it out. You are not selfish.

A family in our circle of friends had a surprise baby when they were struggling financially; that child was a cherished gift from heaven - she cared for them in their old age.

There are no guarantees in this life. You just never know.

I hate that doctors make the mom have a paternity test. How extremely rude. You had six children to care for and of course you had the time and energy to find with another sperm donor. How awful. Your husband should be mad at the doctor who did the vasectomy and the lab that gave him the all clear.

Last edited by applejuice; 06-04-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page