Placenta Pills from previous birth? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-28-2013, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm nearly 38 weeks with DD2 and I've been going back and forth on whether or not I want to and/or can afford to do placenta encapsulation again. I still have a number left over from DD1 (3.5yrs old) in the freezer and I'm wondering if those would be affective after DD2 is born or not? I obviously didn't use all of those but I did feel a benefit from them when I did... Would I be doing harm in taking those ones after this LO is born? Would they have the same affect? 

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#2 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 PM

There wouldn't be any harm in taking the ones from your first baby. They would have the same effect. The only thing I would wonder is if they might be less potent.

Do you know if your pills were encapsulated via the raw method or TCM?

This is from the feministbreeder's site:

Quote:

RAW Method: This method delivers the highest potency of the pills because it is not cooked before it’s dried, but these pills expire after approximately one year of freezer storage.

Traditional Chinese Medicine Method: This recipe creates a pill that can be stored indefinitely with proper refrigeration, but is less potent than the raw form.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#3 of 4 Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

I'm actually unsure of the exact method she used but she did tell me specifically that I can save them for use later on with things such as menopause. I think I will just use up the remainder of what I have when this one comes and call it good.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#4 of 4 Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post

There wouldn't be any harm in taking the ones from your first baby. They would have the same effect. The only thing I would wonder is if they might be less potent.

Do you know if your pills were encapsulated via the raw method or TCM?

This is from the feministbreeder's site:

Interesting. My pills are raw but I was told they would be good indefinitely in the freezer.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Tags
Birth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page