How long does RLP last? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was told by my OB that the extreme pain I am having in my lower left abdomen is round ligament pain.  How long does it last? It's been almost 24 hours.  The part that is most concerning to me is the horrible knife like stabbing pain when I pee.  I can push on the spot where it hurts.  It's a pinpoint location.  My OB didn't seem concerned.  I'm so miserable. :(

#2 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

It seems to me it could last any amount of time because the round ligament keeps stretching and growing throughout pregnancy.  I would recommend chiropractic and/or a massage and maybe some yoga to help relieve the pain.  I go to a chiropractor who does the Webster Technique.  It is specifially for pregnant women and she always checks the round ligaments. I would keep an eye on the intense pain when you pee as that might be something your doctor should be concerned about. 

Here are some things that might help.

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Round-Ligament-Pain

http://www.livestrong.com/article/368751-exercises-for-round-ligament-pain/

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had RLP for the first time yesterday (20w). I couldn't believe how much it hurt! I had tears in my eyes because I hit a pothole while driving, and I didn't think there was any way I was going to be able to get out of the car on my own steam. Stabbing is exactly how I would describe it! Mine lasted nearly the whole day.

My midwife suggested a pregnancy support belt from a previous C section and the second I put it on I felt better! I didn't wear it over night and I woke up hurting again this morning. I am really hoping it wont last too long. I have hay to throw and water to haul, but thankfully some company this weekend that will do it for me.

#4 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Thank you for your description of RLP.  I was having some pains yesterday and that may have been what it was.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page