Sinus problems during pregnancy...for months. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else ever had a pregnancy where they are just miserable the entire time?  First morning sickness, then a horrible week long stomach bug, and then several colds in a row from my kids resulted in three months of sinus infection that will not die.  I'm desperate to feel better.  Never having a single day of being well is making me incredibly depressed, my kids are falling apart as well as my household chores.  I don't know what to do! 

I'm on round three of antibiotics. I've loaded up my poor fetus with all kinds of drugs I never would have taken during my previous pregnancies after natural things have failed.  You name it, I've likely tried it out of desperation to just feel human again.  It varies between sinus pain and headache, low grade fever, stuffy nose sometimes but other times not, thick nauseating drainage, sore throat, and a floating head feeling that comes and goes. I'm seeing an allergist, an OB, and also the midwife for my planned homebirth.  Yet I'm still miserable.  

People around me are sick of me complaining. I'm having trouble making it to homeschool co-op, had to cancel the cat's grooming appointment twice last week because I was too sick to drop him off because of horrible antibiotic induced diarrhea despite tons of probiotics.  I'm also having non-stop intense heartburn.  My couch has a permanent butt print from me sitting here for months while my toddler screams in my face. 

There really are no answers.  I guess I'm just looking for commiseration or something.  I'm totally losing it! I've never been sick this long in my entire life.  Anyone have a magic wand to cure my ailing sinuses?  I'm 22 weeks now, baby looks healthy and happy in there and kicks away.  I'm counting down the days until my due date. I've accepted that I may not feel better until I'm not pregnant any longer.  My previous pregnancies were nothing like this. help.gif

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#2 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 05:32 PM

I hear yea. Luckly antibiotics are working on my sinus infection. which followed the a killer cold, stomach flu, all of which came along after the morning sickness finally stopped kicking my ass at 16 weeks.

Last time I had a nasty nasty coughing cold from 16-24 weeks. Went in for my son's two year check up and the doc insisted on checking me. Broncitus. I did not care that the antibiotics gave me a long lingering yeast infection, the getting better felt so good.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#3 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 07:29 PM

Take two doses of homeopathic Kali Bich 30C, 12 hours apart and I bet it will be gone in a few days to a week! Homeopathy is safe for pregnancy. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#4 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I'm sorry you're so miserable!  That sucks a lot.  You have earned the right to complain. I hope you get some relief soon.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page