Nub theory - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey lovely Mumma's wondering if anyone is keen to have a guess on the gender of my wee bub using the nub theory! 

#2 of 3 Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Oh wow, I just wouldn't know, but maybe someone has a better idea.

#3 of 3 Old 04-10-2013, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's SO frustrating isn't it! I'm in the same boat.  I don't know about your nub.  You were only 12 weeks and that is very early to tell.  My midwife sends her patients to an ultrasound tech that says she can definitely tell by 13 weeks.  I am on baby #4.  I had 2 girls then a boy.  We desperately wanted another boy to complete our family.  We did everything to make a boy, even iced my husbands junk to kill the girl sperm.  

I could not stand waiting to find out the sex so my midwife said I could get the US at 16 weeks.  I went to the place covered under my insurance instead of the place where the woman can tell the sex by 13 weeks. We had a good view from the bottom between the legs and I saw nothing! The tech though it was a girl.  When my family came into the room to see the baby I got a quick shot from the front and saw the nub! The tech saw it also and said she thinks it's a swollen labia.  She said 16 weeks is a little early to tell. I was so upset! If they can count the chambers in my babies heart and are suppose to check the development of the sex organs then why the heck can't they tell me for sure if it's a boy or girl? I asked if she could see ovaries, and she said it doesn't work like that. 

SIGH! I'm waiting until I hit 20 weeks (2 weeks to go) then I'm going to pay out of pocket what ever I have to, and go see this other ultrasound tech for the sole purpose of knowing the sex. I WANT to see the 3 lines of the labia and have visual conformation it's a girl, or see a penis and scrotum and confirm a boy.  Not the dreaded "think/maybe". 

This site gave me the best reference:

www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

supermod.gif who isbelly.gifwith #4  has jumpers.gif . Believe in homeschool.gif,bfinfant.gif,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF,h20homebirth.gif,goorganic.jpg,saynovax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page