Mothering Forum banner

Spotting after 2 bfps

605 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  daniellebluetoo 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can reassure me on this... I tested a faint positive yesterday at 15dpo and a darker positive today but have now had some spotting. It's a dark brownish red and very thin/watery. I had mc in November at about 8.5 weeks and this is my second try since and first bfp. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

#6 ·
Did you go in for your beta? How is everything? I had some spotting and missed AF before I decided to test and got my BFP, so I'm worrying too. I go into the doctor on the 12 to see what's going on.

#7 ·
HI Sunnflower, I will cross my fingers for you! Lots of women bleed and my doc and a couple of the nurses said it is SO normal, that they see it all day long! Unfortunately for me, it was a miscarriage. My 1st beta was 69, which was ok by the nurse but based on what I'd read about 18019dpo, that was pretty low. My second beta was 19 :( This one has been way harder than my first mc, even though that was at 8+ weeks. I'm just trying to stay focused on my DD and on the future and hoping an old (psychic) friend's prediction right before she died at age 92- that I am having another and it's a boy with beautiful blue eyes - is true!

Please post and let me know how things go for you. But try to stay positive! Nurses all said it happens all the time and most of the time it's totally fine!

#9 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there.
greensad.gif
A couple of positives to keep in the back of your mind as you process everything, are that the odds are in your favor of having a better outcome next time. And also, while I've never seen data to back it up, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence out there to say we're more fertile following a loss. I hope your physical and emotional recovery is smooth, and I'm sending blue-eyed baby dust your way.

#10 ·
Congrats, Jenger! That;s fantastic! As I said, my REs office said spotting happens as often as not and it's usually no big deal!

EA&& - Thanks so much for your kind note and the blue-eyed baby dust! That is so sweet! Thank you! I totally agree about the anecdotal evidence and it is indeed helping me stay positive!! Thanks!! Fingers crossed!

#11 ·
Same situation here. MC'd in november @ 6 weeks, missed first cycle after and now have two BFP tests. I took one yesterday morning and one this morning. I've been spotting bright red off and on since saturday ;-( I called the OB I used last month and they ordered an HCG and progesterone test that I had done yesterday also. I should know results tomorrow. Both Hubbs are I are 35, and this will be our first child together. We have one almost 12 yo son from a previous relationship of mine. The waiting and not knowing really sucks, doesn't it?

#12 ·
i had a watery streak of blood the night before AF was due.. the next day I did not start.. so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive.. it could be implantation.. I ovulated late, maybe you did, too because you had the miscarriage. I had one in september. it took me 2 months to get right again..

#13 ·
I hope so. I had a teeny bit of pink on the tissue yesterday and then nothing. I've had creamy and a little ew cm the last few days, cervical twinges too. My last cycle (the first after my mc), was weird, I had EWCm for almost 2 weeks, and it fluctuated in abundance. as soon as the ewcm turned to creamy, my bewbs started to ache something awful, which ended up being about the whole 2ww. This time, the sore bewbs and other misc. symptoms didn't start til tuesday night, I got a BFP tuesday morning. I was expecting AF on wednesday but hubbs had a pregnancy dream and the spotting was irregular. I REALLY hope this is my rainbow baby, I don't think I can handle another mc so soon. I should have test results back today, just waiting for my ob to call. On the plus side, I've taken a pg test on wed. and this morning and the line has gotten darker. I think that's a good sign.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.