35 weeks pregnant preterm labor symptoms again. Need help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To make a long story short I'm 1 cm dilated 50% effaced and about a week ago I had went into preterm labor and had to have a shot to stop my contractions. My last doctors appt was this past Tuesday and she told me that start now if I went into labor again she wouldn't stop me. And she put me on procardia medicine to help relax my uterus. Well ever since that day I've been feeling some contractions here and there. Yesterday I probably had 7 bowel movements and 2 today. Well today has been so different. I felt him drop and he is sooooo far descended that my tail bone ache I have a persistent ba low back ache and he keeps head butting my cervix with a force that knocks the breath out of me. He pushes so hard on it have to cross my leg really tight because I feel like he is falling out. The pain in my rectum I just as bad and its seriously become almost unbearable. Anyone else feel like this right before labor? My instincts keep telling me ill go into labor in the next couple days. Please respond. Thanks smile.gif
#2 of 4 Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Bump
#3 of 4 Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 PM

It's different for everyone but I would definitely make sure you have everything you'll need ready to go. Maybe try spending as much time as you are able to laying on your left side and drink plenty of fluids. Whenever I had pre-term labor signs that is the first thing they would have me do. 

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#4 of 4 Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM

Sorry, I don't have any experience with pre-term labor, but frequent BM is definitely one of the common pre-labor signs. Like PP mentioned, water and lying down (left side is great for optimal birth positioning and baby's circulation, etc.) are great ideas, as is being totally ready to go. If any of your other symptoms become scary, very painful, or just don't feel "right", please ring your carer ASAP. Sending you great vibes for a healthy baby and smooth birth.
mommyofmaverick likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page