So stressed. Unexpectedly pregnant, now BF leaves... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-08-2013, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am so unbelievably stressed. I have 3 children, and I am unexpectedly pregnant with #4. I was totally scared at first, then after talking with family and BF and getting less scared, and more excited.... I was/am happy about it. Except now, I'm pretty sure BF has left me high and dry. He won't call.... has just disapeared to camp (I think?!) for an indefinite amount of time. He will sporatically text me, but will not call. Even after my begging him to call me. I am SO so so upset. I don't know what to do! My sister is being so supportive, but I am so stressed and so upset. I guess I just needed to vent.....

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 PM

I'm so sorry greensad.gif that does sound incredibly stressful, and sad and scary.
I don't really have any advice, but I hope things improve soon! (((Big hugs!)))

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

Old 04-09-2013, 01:51 AM

Wow, I am so sorry you're going through this. Of course I have no way of knowing what's really going on, and nothing excuses your BF just bailing on you, but it sounds like he may have needed some time to come to terms with things on his own (hence retreating to the wilderness and not communicating). I'm not saying it's ok, but maybe he didn't know how to ask for what he needed: mental and physical space to process. I don't know what a relationship expert would say, but my instinct is to suggest you to send one last text message to say you miss his support and are confused and hurt, but that you hope this time away gives him a chance to think things through and that you want to talk things over and figure things out together when he gets back. When you do eventually have that talk, let him know what you need from him in terms of commitment and support and ask how he's feeling about it all. I really hope things work out for the best (whatever that may be), and I'm glad you have the support of your sister during this stressful time. Hugs to you!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the support ladies. He in fact came back and said it's just too much for him. He broke up with me and wants nothing to do with me or the baby. I am just at a loss of what to say or do.

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

Old 04-09-2013, 12:20 PM

Oh my heart breaks for you and you will be in my prayers tonight. ;( I wish there was something I could say to make things better. I can only hope he will step up and take care of you and his child. Times will be hard but once that baby is in your arms it will all be worth it! I was in a sorta similar situation with my first son and I was so depressed. I thankfully got to a point where I decided I was going to fight for my family and son and not lie down defeated!

User Tag List