Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 376 Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I am having some crampy achy pains today. I was walking around a lot today and hadn't restedsas much as I know I should.

went shopping for a new dress for the multiple graduation events happening at my school. I am unimpressed with the local maternity selection. jCpenney-nothing in store, Macy's nothing in store but did find a Jessica Howard branded dress that I really like made of stretchy material, target oh my ugly max size barely fitting, Kohls just had pants and tops and a couple dresses in size small. I am definitely need to make some purchases outside my local area. Lots of people get pregnant. What do they wear?

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#62 of 376 Old 05-23-2013, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, Lilac: I feel your pain! I found one top and a pair of capri jeans at a nearby Old Navy that looked cute when I tried them on- it also let me know my size in their maternity clothes. I then came home and ordered a pair of skinny jeans (needed petite length, not sold in stores), leggings, and a tunic from their website. I have found a few very generously cut tops- some even ruched in the front like maternity tops- in random stores. I found a few empire-wasted dresses on bluefly that I bought in a medium/6 (normally a small/4 but bigger chest and baby bump make a larger size useful) that have plenty of room for the bump. I'm also vigilantly shopping amazon.com and zulily.com for anything I like that will work with what I have found so far and with the pre-pregnancy pieces that will fit for a while (knit dresses rule!). Most of what I'm seeing, I HATE, so I'm doing what I can to get pieces I don't hate into my wardrobe before I'm completely out of my 'normal people' clothes.

I highly recommend the book "Bump it Up" by: Amy Tara Koch. It has helped me figure out what to add and how to change my usual style to be bump-friendly. And to answer your question: I took an informal poll of my (numerous) friends who have recently been pregnant, and the consensus is that they all wore yoga pants and other loungewear. Not me. 😜

SAH Princess, happily married to my adorable Nerf Herder

brokenheart.gif 2009 Expecting my rainbow1284.gif in November 2013

#63 of 376 Old 05-24-2013, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, lounge wear isn't what I consider appropriate for outside the house. Some of it is pretty cute but no.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#64 of 376 Old 05-24-2013, 09:49 AM

Here's my little bean! I saw the heart beat yesterday. Its 6mm long and beating 125-130! I'm so excited. It kinda sunk in more yesterday for sure. My nausea has been out of control for the past few days. Food is revolting for the most part. I have no appetite. BUT I am happy orngbiggrin.gif

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#65 of 376 Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 PM

Yay, JustJenny! Very cool! Isn't it amazing that a thing about a quarter of an inch long can have a heartbeat?

re: lounge wear and yoga pants, I work at a gym (my own place) so all I wear is workout wear, yoga pants etc. I count myself lucky to be in a profession where I don't have to dress formally, that would get expensive having to buy season specific size specific maternity wear (that you'd most likely only wear for a few months in your life because what's the guarantee that you'll be pregnant around the same time again...).

Nothing terribly exciting going on here, the home improvements are in full swing, not because the baby's coming but because the grandparents are coming when the baby is here and DH is very concerned about having the house spruced up for our "guests".

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#66 of 376 Old 05-25-2013, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

JustJenny, ultrasounds are great reminders that there are little humans growing inside us. Glad to know your baby has a strong heart beat. It made me cry when my doctor turned on the ultrasound sound and I heard my babies heartbeats #or the first time. So powerful!

dakipode all I can saw is I am glad I can sew because being pregnant with twins I am told that regular maternity clothes wont fit after seven months. Yep I am going to be one huge momma just before these babies come in Dec.

#67 of 376 Old 05-27-2013, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Ladies,

I'm back from Singapore and glad to be home in Colorado.  The trip was good and cool, but holy cow is that a long trip!  Getting home involved a six hour flight Singapore to Tokyo, two hour layover, nine hour flight Tokyo to San Francisco, three hour layover, then two hours to Denver.  Whew!  I'm whooped.

Dakipode, I decided not to worry about what I was eating.  Women there eat sushi all the time, and we mostly ate in high-end places places that obviously had very high cleanliness standards.  We did have street food a couple of times, so just made sure to have things that were fully cooked.  It made me feel better to just act like a normal person on vacation.  Except feeling tired all the time.

Jenny, congrats on hearing the heartbeat!  That is super exciting!  I can't wait.  Actually, I think I'm the most excited to have DH hear it...it's hard for it all to feel real, to him.

Lilac, my pregnant friends have reported that thrift stores can be a gold mine for maternity clothes, since they're almost all in near-new condition.  I certainly plan on taking that route once I start to show.

Question for you ladies: are any of you having different opinions from your partners about learning the sex of your baby(ies)?  I really want to know, but DH really wants to go Team Green.  I have told him that I'll consider it, and I am considering it.  Mostly I'm considering doing this for him, because I'm sure that I'll be asking him to do things that will be a stretch, as well (his family is very medically oriented, and my mom was a midwife and had us all at home).  On the other hand, it feels like there are so many unknowns anyhow, and I'd rather know everything I can, about the things we CAN know.  But maybe this is a lesson for me in learning to let go of control, a little.

Thoughts?

#68 of 376 Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Faith, if it means that much to DH to wait until the baby appears in the world, then it may be something to concede for his sake. It may mean avoiding ultrasounds because I have heard of couples that wanted to wait until the birthday to find out but the ultrasound tech slipped up and told them anyway.  Definitely something to consider as you move through your pregnancy.  For my DH and me, we both want to know so there isn't that pull of wondering but then we still have 10 weeks before we can see gender on an ultrasound so it will be awhile.

AFM, this is post school week wrap up for me.  Cleaning out my classrooms since I won't be back in the fall and finishing up grades and other responsibilities. This will be a bitter sweet week for me.  Bitter because I wish I was coming back to teach for one more year. Sweet because I know I need the rest and decreased stress to keep my babies in tip top shape.

#69 of 376 Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 PM

DH and I are compromising. We are going to have the 20 week anatomy scan because the midwife recommended it- I originally didn't want any US at all, but agreed to that one for the midwife's benefit. I am allowing the technician to take all of the necessary measurements, but that's it; in and out as fast as possible. And if in that space of time it becomes clear that we're having one flavor baby or the other, then I'd be fine knowing (DH wants to know, badly), but I am not going to expose Pip to ultrasound for even a moment extra just to find that information out. DH has agreed to this, which is a great compromise for us. Faith: maybe you could suggest similarly?

AFM otherwise: 16 weeks tomorrow! Time flies. We're working very hard on getting the house ready. Our basement is almost clean enough now to start moving things out of Pip's room (formerly the guest room) down there so we can have the floor refinished in preparation for baby furniture. Boy- this is a lot of work! 😜

#70 of 376 Old 05-31-2013, 11:09 AM

MQ, Sixteen weeks already!  That's great!

Sorry, I am feeling a rant coming on:

Time does NOT seem to be flying on my end.  Will be 7 weeks tomorrow, and I'm completely wiped out.  I know that travel was a strain, and I had to work pretty hard over the last few days presenting high-energy workshops, so today I'm just lying on the couch, watching movies and surfing the internet.  DH has a booth at a 3-day convention starting today, which I begged off helping with.  I got a doctor's note to get an extension for my grad school papers that are due on Monday.  I canceled a 4-day camping trip next week with friends that has been scheduled for months.  I still have to go to Boston for a couple of days next week, but hopefully with nothing else around it, I will be able to handle it OK.  I am feeling completely overwhelmed.  Have no idea how I'm going to manage to do my dissertation in the next 12 weeks.  Or keep my online business going.  We have no idea which country we'll be living in when the baby comes, much less which house or apartment.  DH will start looking for jobs in the UK when we go back there in two weeks, and based on how that goes we'll either look for a more baby-friendly flat in London, or make plans to move back to the States.  Gah!!!

#71 of 376 Old 06-01-2013, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Faith, I hope your time on the couch help. I have been reading an excellent book about birthing twins and it continually reminds me just how important rest is for us mommas to be so are babies can get all the nutrients and energy they need to grow the best. Hopefully you will know soon which country you will be living in.

#72 of 376 Old 06-07-2013, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

How is everyone doing?

AFM, today I am going garage saling - there are two different listings for "fabric" garage sales.  I want to make myself some maternity clothes and bought myself a Butterick pattern yesterday (on sale for $1.99) that I think is really cute.  Now to get some crisp cottons and light voile fabric to make myself a new wardrobe for the summer.  My go to pants are about to be "no go pants" because my twin pregnant belly has definitely started popping out the front.  It is interesting to see how body proportions change in pregnancy even though I have only gained 6 pounds.

Last night I had a "must eat mandoo" craving.  Mandoo is an oriental food that is little wraps filled with vegetable protein, tofu, oriental noodles and veggies.  They were so yummy.  I ate half of the bag and my DH and brother had to share the half of the bag that was left by the time they got home from work/school.

#73 of 376 Old 06-14-2013, 03:12 AM

Hi Guys,

How's everyone doing?  Lilac, how is your maternity clothing sewing going?  I used to be a big sewer, but haven't done anything in the last couple of years.

Things are going a bit better on my end.  I'm back in London and have no travel plans until August (yay!).  I cannot tell you how relieved that makes me feel!  These past six weeks would have been a doozy even if I hadn't been growing another human inside of me.  Lilac, I appreciated what you said about remembering to slow down.

Everything in London is expensive, so I swung through all of my favorite thrift stores before I left Colorado and bought a stack of roomy clothes.  They won't get me all the way through, but they'll hopefully get me through the next few months.  I've already gained seven pounds and my old pants are already not fitting.  I'm only supposed to gain 15-25 lbs, so I need to slow down a little.  I feel like I'm starving about every two hours; I just need to eat only two hours' worth of food at a time.

Had my first ultrasound, and heard the heartbeat!  DH was there too; it was awesome.  DH took one look at the ultrasound, then looked at me and said, "We're growing a frog!" :)  It definitely made it feel more real to both of us.  It was also helpful to have the nurse practitioner talk to him about how exhausting the first trimester is.

My food aversions are totally fading, as is my nausea.  That's quite nice, and feels like a little blessing at only 9 weeks.  I know they might be back, but it's nice to get a break at any rate.

How are the rest of you doing????  JustJenny?  Dakipode?  MQ?

#74 of 376 Old 06-14-2013, 06:50 AM

faith, I'm going to be up in Denver next weekend for a cont ed class but DH is coming along and we're going to hit Ikea and maybe check out some baby stores up there, any recommendations?

So cool that you got to hear the heartbeat, it's such a reassuring thing!

And as far as the weight gain goes: I've heard so many different stories of women gaining next to nothing and women gaining 50lbs+ and they all had healthy babies... More and more I wonder about these "general guidelines" the medical profession tries to issue, there just is no universally applicable rule. I'm stuck at 12lbs gained right now (27w) and eating normal, satisfying my appetite... The midwife didn't seem concerned about it, my fundus measures on track...

lilac, let's see some of those projects! I've turned into a one woman knitting sweatshop lately. I forced myself to finish a shawl for mom, then I made two wool diaper covers and now I'm working on a fuzzy hoody. Next in the queue I've got a Yoda baby bottle cover and a solar system mobile I ordered the pattern for though that hasn't shown up in the mail and I'm starting to think I might just be out the $8.50 I paid for the back issue of that magazine.

We're still in home improvement land: getting carpet quotes, getting floor refinishing quotes, cleared out the back yard, hitting up Ikea next week for furniture for the house and for the baby (I think we're going to go with the $80 crib unless I can tell from the floor model it won't last a year). We're probably looking at spending about $5000 when all is said and done, and that's BEFORE baby stuff!!!

Research is also in full swing: trying to make sense of car seats, travel systems etc. I picked up the Baby Bargains book and it's been tremendously helpful! (published in Boulder, CO by the way, faith). I need to get on with it because I have to start a registry!

JustJenny, M.Q., would love to hear how you ladies are doing!

#75 of 376 Old 06-14-2013, 10:22 AM

Hi everyone! I've been stuck to the toilet so haven't really been up to responding much. I'm 9.5 weeks and it seems that I may have started to turn the corner with the ms. I had a really bad day yesterday but the previous 2 days I felt much improved. So far today is looking pretty good. I've lost 8 pounds and have been eating horribly. I feel so guilty! I haven't had a vegetable in a month! I just can't get it down. Even veggie juice won't stay.  Meat is still a no go but I think its about to change because I smelled bbq yesterday and thought that I might be able to eat it.  I have existed on  yogurt, Asian rice noodles, rice pilaf's, and potatoes bag.gif  I'm gluten intolerant so I can't even get nutrition from whole wheat stuff.  Terrible! My mission right now is to make it count nutritionally when I have good days.  I will go in for my last ultrasound with my RE in a couple of weeks to determine if I should stay on the progesterone. I'm sure that if they are going to take me off I will be needing your support through the anxiety! The thought of getting to 12 weeks and losing it is so devastating. Trying to keep my mind in the now smile.gif

#76 of 376 Old 06-14-2013, 01:03 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm doing ok these days. Baby has discovered zumba, or riverdance, or gymnastics...or something. S/he is very active. And this week (week 18!) the Braxton Hicks decided to show up: not fun. Fortunately, I'm no longer very sick very often, so at least I'm able to get out and do some things for fun. I've been outdoors a lot more, mostly trail skating or walking the puppy, and I am traveling a few hours to coach roller derby this weekend and looking very much forward to the top-down drive through the mountains.

Next week we have our one and only ultrasound scheduled, and DH is really excited to see Pip on the screen. I have put my foot down, though, that I don't want even a moment spent cooing over baby cuteness- I want the fastest anatomy scan on record. I only consented to ultrasound in the first place because I'm doing so little prenatal 'care' and my midwife said that the scan can give her useful info. No extra ultrasound exposure for the fun of the grownups.

And I'm starting to get really huge! Every time I put on my normal people pants, I wonder if it's the last time I'll wear them before baby is born. The ones that are a size larger than my 'fat' size are still ok, but the ones that are my standard 'fat' size are getting snug in the gut. I try to focus on the fact that it's not me getting bigger, but the tiny person camped out under my skin getting bigger. This is certainly a time that I'm glad I'm not tracking my weight, though- I'd be completely neurotic! Fortunately I'm not gaining weight other than baby bump, (and the DD's that became FF/G's), and the dresses I bought a size bigger for summer are still too big- so that's something.

Also, we've almost cleared out the basement! This is huge. Now we can move everything out of the guest room and the breakfast room. Once that's done, we can have the floors finished (they're 100 year-old unfinished cedar floors; gorgeous, but impractical with a baby) and buy new furniture. We're going to get a built-in set for the breakfast room, turn the guest room into a fairytale nursery, and put a linen armoire in the hall. Getting those floors done is a huge priority, and I'm excited that we're on track. We're also putting in a white picket fence so the puppy (and eventually the baby) can play outside. In other good news: I've started to buy baby essentials and postpartum items- when I start feeling icky or enormous, it's nice to be reminded of the fact that pregnancy is impermanent. And the car seat I want/registered for fits behind my seat in my tiny little convertible without having to move the front seat at all! Win!

If it weren't for other people's prejudices about what pregnant ladies should and shouldn't be doing, and the discomfort of an unhappy attack uterus, things would be pretty well close to perfect. Will update after ultrasound if not before 😊

-MQ

#77 of 376 Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 PM

I'd like to jump I here if I may? My ddc is nice but lots of women who have done this before!! We had our first ultrasound today (8 weeks on Sunday) and everything looks great! Nausea is fading, thankfully, although food aversions are still going strong. Having trouble with protein, fruit and veg are okay as long as I feel up to cooking the veg... Ugh. My regular pants are fully uncomfortable now, my size-bigger or stretchy waist pants are still okay though. We leave in a week for 2+ weeks in Greece and I'm a little less nervous about the trip than I was when I couldn't get out of bed in the morning...

jog.gif:bikenew.gif// knit.gif:reading.gif:notes2.gif // cat.gif:cat.gif 

Our precious baby girl is coming to turn our world upside down in January 2014!

#78 of 376 Old 06-14-2013, 09:37 PM

polyhymnia- good to "see" you again! I'm so happy that your little surprise baby is staying strong and your ultrasound went great. Greece sounds wonderful you lucky girl! I've always wanted to go there. Which parts are you going to?

We are only a week and a half apart and in the same ddc too. Its true most of the ladies there are on their 3rd or 4th babies. I think there is only one other first timer besides us 2. Glad you poked your head in to say hi orngbiggrin.gif

dakipode- sounds like your having a great time with all the fun baby stuff! Can't wait til I get there too smile.gif

M.Q.- Glad you are doing so well and getting to mark off some of your to do list. Looking forward to your ultrasound update biggrinbounce.gif

Faith-YAY for the amazing heart tones and fading morning sickness! I don't know how you traveled through all this early part! You are a super trooper! lol.gif Glad that you are happy with getting to stay in one place for awhile! 

#79 of 376 Old 06-15-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

faith, I'm going to be up in Denver next weekend for a cont ed class but DH is coming along and we're going to hit Ikea and maybe check out some baby stores up there, any recommendations?

No, I don't have ANY experience with baby stores in Denver.  I'm trying not to let myself buy ANYTHING baby-related till after the first trimester.  Pretty tough!  I broke down right before I left Denver and got a couple of tiny outfits at the thrift stores when I was shopping for roomier clothing.  I suspect it was silly because I know everyone gets you clothes at baby showers, but they were cheap and don't take a lot of space in a suitcase, so I let myself indulge a little.  :)

I do remember that there were a little cluster of baby-oriented shops in Boulder: I used to go to Grand Rabbit's Toy Shop which is part of the cluster, when I ran my daycare there.  But I can't tell you if it would be worth a trip from Denver to go there specially, since I wasn't particularly baby-oriented when I went.

#80 of 376 Old 06-15-2013, 06:55 AM

Ah, thanks for the reply! I'm planning on going to Right Start in Cherry Creek but other than that I have no ideas. I really just wanted to see if other stores carry other things than the Babies R Us here in town. I may end up getting a bunch of stuff online but I'd like to evaluate it in person first.

#81 of 376 Old 06-15-2013, 10:14 AM

JustJenny, I saw you in here and thought I might fit in! We are going to Athens, then island hopping. So lots of ferries... And heat... We will see how it goes! Mostly I'm nervous because we are staying in a hostel dorm onenight due to wanting to be in a certain location for one of our ferry trips, and I hate to be the crotchety old pregnant lady in a room full of 20somethings!

MQ, that sounds like a big project! Good luck!

I am getting excited to go buy stuff; we told my mom last night and she is so excited. Trying to figure out when to invite her to come out so we can do a lot of shopping, nursery decorating, etc. sometime after 20 weeks but maybe before 30 so I'm not too tired?

#82 of 376 Old 06-18-2013, 03:23 AM

Polyhymnia, welcome to the group! Have a great time in Greece. My parents are there right now too, on Naxos. They're doing a 4-month around-the-world trip. It was fun because they met up with us on our trip to Singapore and we got to tell them about our BFP in person!

I def. know what you mean about not being excited staying in a hostel while pregnant. When I was last in Greece there were people hanging out in front of the ferry ports renting out rooms in their homes. It wasn't much pricier than a hostel, but was MUCH nicer and more private. We ate with the family and it was lovely.
#83 of 376 Old 06-18-2013, 07:02 PM

Yeah, we have some (hopefully) great small pensions booked for most of the nights, but for one night before our ferry trip we wanted to stay right next to the departure point (5:45am departure, yikes) and it was the only option. Ah well.

I am getting so relieved for summer vacation, which starts in... 15 hours and 40 minutes! Woo hoo!!

#84 of 376 Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome polyhymnia.  Sounds like you have grand plans for this summer.  Vacation is a good thing.

AFM, I officially have a job for the next 6 months!  Signed my contract yesterday.  I even get a bit of a raise although I will be traveling more so likely that will be a wash in gasoline.  I am going to be a math coach and I think I will absolutely love it. I love to encourage people to try new things in math to help students learn better.  I can hardly believe that tomorrow I will be 16 weeks pregnant.  My belly is beginning to precede me and I am so excited!

#85 of 376 Old 07-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Lilac- That's great! I bet its a weight off your shoulders too.  Sounds like it is going to be really fun! Congrats on making it to 16 weeks too. 

Me- Had a great day today. My RE released me and I had a neat ultrasound. I'm 12 weeks 2 days and our little one was sucking its thumb in utero! How cute is that? I am to stop the progesterone supplementation which has me worried a bit. He seems to think everything will be fine though. Its hard to stop something that was part of the problem staying/getting pregnant. I just want to get over this little hump so I can continue this pregnancy in peace.

#86 of 376 Old 07-04-2013, 04:42 PM

Glad to hear that things are going well for both of you, Lilac and Jenny!

Things are going well on my end, too.  We got back to London two weeks ago, and have NO travel plans for the forseeable future!  Woot woot!  I'm 11 weeks and 5 days, and my cloud of exhaustion seems to be lifting.  I still get tired out pretty easily, but I feel like myself for hours at a time, and am getting moderate amounts of work done.  I'm teaching an online class and that's going really well.  I met with my dissertation advisor and am getting an extension so that I can work more slowly on my project.  My only annoyance at the moment is trying to figure out the British medical system to get plugged in here for birth.  They wouldn't accept any of my test results from the States, so I had to get all of my bloodwork done twice, only 10 days apart.  That was dumb.  Today DH and I went to tour the hospital where I'd give birth if I risk out of the birth centre I'm hoping for.  It was adequate but not very impressive OR friendly-feeling.  One thing I DO like here is that you're completely allowed to eat during labor if you want to.  They don't just assume that everyone needs to prep for a C-section.  How refreshing!

#87 of 376 Old 07-04-2013, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

JustJenny, I will pray that your time to go off progesterone supplementation will go well. I know it was nerve racking for me when I stopped the progesterone suppositories.

FAith glad you are safely in England for a while bummer about having to redo tests. Hope all goes well.

#88 of 376 Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 PM

Lilac- Did you wean off the progesterone or just stop?  My RE said to just stop but I'm concerned about a sudden drop. I took half dose today and seemed to be fine.  

Faith- Hope you find a place that you love! We toured our birth center here too. It was nice but I didn't like that I have to see all the midwives and couldn't pick a main provider.  It was the luck of the draw for the birth. Whoever was on call is who you get. So We decided to birth at home with a midwife. I have my first prenatal appt. with her on wed. 

#89 of 376 Old 07-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Lilac, great news about the job!

JustJenny, I was told by the nurse that I could stop, she didn't say anything about gradually decreasing but I've read in other places that's what's recommended. I didn't have any negative side effects from the sudden stop. They had me check my levels at about 12 weeks after not taking a dose in 24 hrs to see what my body was naturally producing and she said it was more than adequate.

Faith, good to hear you're getting settled in. The fatigue definitely cleared up for me after the first trimester, it's weird how it's so all consuming at first, I was going to bed at 8:30pm.

Our trip to Ikea was a success! We bought a storage solution for the dining room which we put together today. It helps clear out some space in the kitchen so that's nice. We also got the $70 crib, it seemed fine, I think it'll last 2 years and then we can transition to a twin bed with a rail. I picked up some burp cloths while I was there: Vandring $3.99 for two and then I read somewhere that you can also use them as flats for cloth diapers!

We also ended up going to BuyBuyBaby and finally made a decision on which car seat and stroller to get.

I started two registries but I haven't made them public because my mother keeps buying stuff and sending it in the mail. Mostly clothes, which is what everyone wants to buy because they're so cute, so I need to focus on putting utilitarian stuff like cloth diapers, changing pad etc. on the wish lists.

Still waiting on carpet.

We also started our birthclasses, I think DH was a bit overwhelmed. Just one more thing that makes it more real...

#90 of 376 Old 07-05-2013, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Justjenny, I just stopped the progesterone cold turkey because that was what the doctor said. Hopes all goes well for you. Glad you will get a home birth with just one provider. I have the multiple providers through my office. There are 6 different doctors so there is no telling who will deliver.

Dakipode, I need to get on the birth class plan. Since our babies may come early, I need to do it sooner than later.

Tags
Due Date Clubs , 2013 Due Date Clubs

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page