Anyone have experience with fragmin injections in pregnancy ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-13-2013, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need a bit of positive feedback ! I have a lung embolism and am 26 weeks pregnant , so now I have to inject myself with fragmin once a day .

But I have been getting quite conflicting messages about it , so I was hoping , that I might find some fellow " sufferers " on here or people , who have been through it and can give me some advice .

For one , where is the most painless place to inject ? Up until now , I have been afraid to use my stomach , because of the baby , but my thighs are sensitive as is and I dread putting the shot in more and more each day . And is it normal , that they burn so much for a few minutes after injecting ?

Plus , I have been hoping for another vbac this time ( it is definitely my last pregnancy and I was hoping , it would end nicely shy.gif) , but what is realistic to expect ?

I am normally very healthy and quite tough and getting the blood clot was totally my own fault , as I thought , I could take a non-stop 800 mile drive 3 times in a row , so I actualy think , it´s a miracle , I didn´t get problems sooner

And , if all goes well , when can I expect to be able to stop taking the shots ? Before or after delivery ?

And what are the ups/downs of either approach ?

HELP !!!

vbac.gifafter 3 cs fambedsingle1.gifbfinfant.gifHappily single Momteapot2.GIFknit.gif

#2 of 2 Old 05-18-2013, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Is anyone familiar with this? Bumping.

Hope you find some answers mama.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page