Pregnant 5 months pp... scared and confused. Need support! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just got a B.F.P... like a big ole' fat positive. It's just staring at me...I don't even know what to say or do.

DH and I always wanted a second, but did NOT expect a second child now. Our DD will be 5 months Friday. 

I'm confused, scared, worried, overwhelmed, sick... I don't know where to begin. It's so soon. People are sure to be extremely judgemental and hurtful....

We wanted our second baby to be as special as the first. This baby is sure to be special... but I don't know what to do.

I feel so guilty knowing we didn't try for this child. Had unprotected sex maybe once last month and we tried for seven months with our DD after a miscarriage. This is how it would happen, right? I desperately need support. Baby is due December 18th...

HELP! 

joy.gifProud to be a stay at home mommy to: Averee Morgan DOB 11/19/12energy.gif

stork-girl.gifExpecting baby #2 12/18/13belly.gif

nak.gifWe breastfeed and baby wear femalesling.GIF

#2 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 04:04 PM

hug.gif deep breath mama! I want to send some love and support your way as I can imagine how scary/shocking/unexpected this must be. I got pregnant with our second earlier than planned but I won't say I know what you feel like as DD was 18 months at the time. Some people are nasty and judgmental no matter what so I wouldn't waste my time worrying about that. Instead, surround yourself with love and support. There are a couple of things to keep an eye on:
1) if you're nursing, keep a close eye on baby's diapers as many moms experience a drop in supply while pregnant
2) your mood: you are more prone to depression/anxiety while pregnant (PPD gets most of the attention though). Especially this being an unplanned conception, you are under extra stress of all sorts so keep your eyes open and don't hesitate to get help.
Must run for now but I'll check back and write more soon. Wanted to send you huge hugs though!
#3 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 04:13 PM

I know many ppl that have babies 13 months apart. Your baby is a gift from God. Take care of yourself and nap when ever your 5 month old does. My closest are 16.5 months apart and they love each other. It's a reunion every morning when they wake up. Hugs and smiles for each other. I'll admit the adjustment for my 16.5 month old was hard and took probably a month. Lots of hugs and kisses while the baby is sleeping. Reading to your toddler while you feed the baby. Good luck.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#4 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 04:51 PM

Hugs mama! Unexpected pregnancy is difficult. Unexpected pregnancy with a small baby at home is downright scary. One of the beauties of pregnancy is that it is long. You have a lot of time to get used to the idea of having another little one and a lot of time to figure things out.

For right now it's okay to be scared. It's okay to mourn your first baby's babyhood. It might be a rough road but you will get through it and after your little one is born you will not be able to imagine life any other way.

#5 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies...

I guess I am more scared due to having my DD c-section and I had an umblical hernia repair two months ago... so lots of things to be nervous about and not sure what to expect this pregnancy. Will that make me high risk? I'm assuming yes... ugh. It's scary.

We always wanted another child, it's just so shocking it's so soon! Ugh. Here we go all over again, lol

joy.gifProud to be a stay at home mommy to: Averee Morgan DOB 11/19/12energy.gif

stork-girl.gifExpecting baby #2 12/18/13belly.gif

nak.gifWe breastfeed and baby wear femalesling.GIF

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page