Sorry in advance if this is all a bit rambling...
I am 34 weeks 3 days today.
Our first son came furiously at 35 weeks 2 days, after PPROM. He was healthy, but a lazy nurser, and spent 2.5 weeks in the NICU. This whole pregnancy I have been trying to stay positive, and convince myself that this baby could make it to term. I am quite short, and have a bicornuate uterus, so we knew it would be a bit of a challenge.
I have been having a lot of mucus-y discharge the last little while, but hadn't thought much about it. Then last night, I started having some pinkish-red tinged mucus. Babe has been sitting pretty low the last few days, so I've had a lot of pressure, but I paged our midwife last night when the pain got a bit intense. Was basically told baby could come now, or hold out for awhile longer, and there's really nothing to do but wait and see what happens. I took some Tylenol, managed to fall asleep around 2am, and by the time I woke up again I was feeling much more comfortable. I have still been experiencing bloody mucus today, but not as much as last night.
While I didn't lose a mucus plug before labour last time, I know that it can be lost and regenerate numerous times - however, everything I'm reading basically leads me to believe that since there's blood, that labour is likely close.
I want desperately to make it to term. Has anyone else gone through this and not started real labour within a few days? 2 days ago 3 weeks seemed so much more doable than it does right now and I am feeling pretty discouraged.
#1 Baby Boy born Jan 1 2009 at 35 weeks 2 days PPROM
#2 Baby Boy born April 22 2013 at 34 weeks 6 days PPROM