Don't laugh - very tmi - help!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh God no!!! Warning tmi... writing this on my phone...

Im on the toilet with the worst case of constipation ever - this is so tmi but Im stuck "half way" and cant stop, can't go or get up!

I can't push any harder, and it's still not working.

Help! Any suggestions? (don't laugh!)

xxx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 01:22 PM

Oh no!! My only idea is do you have a Peri bottle handy? The kind great for rinsing after birth. Maybe the water might help a little? I don't know. I've found myself in similar situation once or twice but the BM kind of broke off and (TMI warning!!!) I sort of pushed the rest back and tried again later.
As a preventative I've had good luch with a cheap probiotic that helped regulate me during this pregnancy. I see your post is from 4 hours ago so I really hope you somehow managed.... hug.gif pregnancy can be really awkward and painful at times.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I hope you made it off the toilet!! If men only knew what we pregnant ladies had to deal with!!!!
When this happens to me (TMI warning) I will push on my perineum until the poop breaks off.
I can't believe I just wrote the above sentence. Oh well, if it helps anyone then it was worth it!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 04-28-2013, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your help!

I *finally* managed to go - and I can safely say that it was the most difficult and uncomfortable bowel movement I have ever had in my life! (sorry tmi)

Have you ever had it where you are straining - can almost go - but not quite?

Dreading the next time I need to go now!

xxx

Old 04-28-2013, 02:57 PM

I'm glad it's all over for now! I hope you don't have to deal with this again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarebell60 View Post

Have you ever had it where you are straining - can almost go - but not quite?

Big, HUGE yes! This has been pretty common during this pregnancy and I'm so glad it seems to be behind me. I got the cheapest acidophilus caps I could find because I thought I had a yeast infection but as a side effect it totally helped get me regular. I drink a ton of water and eat lots of veggies and fruit and somehow that wasn't enough this time. I hope you find something that works for you!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM

Oh my! I have BTDT with both my pregnancies... not pregnant currently. I could have written your post back in the day. First trimester misery. Not sure if that's where you are. The beyond belief constipation lead to tremendously horrible third trimester hemorrhoids. All I can say is try not to push so hard to go. Just abandon the mission after a few seconds. Eat as much fiber as you can. Drink lots of water. For me, veggie chili with lots of beans (kidney, pinto and black), lentil soup, baked beans, and Kashi cinnamon harvest cereal made it easier. LOL!

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
Old 04-28-2013, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia View Post

Well I hope you made it off the toilet!! If men only knew what we pregnant ladies had to deal with!!!!
When this happens to me (TMI warning) I will push on my perineum until the poop breaks off.
I can't believe I just wrote the above sentence. Oh well, if it helps anyone then it was worth it!!

Not currently pg, but this is what I do!  :)

Bring back the old MDC
Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post

Not currently pg, but this is what I do!  smile.gif

It's good to know I'm not alone!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 04-28-2013, 07:18 PM

You must check out www.squattypotty.com. This thing changed my life. I am not kidding. Seriously, if you are in that position again try to raise your feet up and lean forward. It opens the pubo-rectalis muscle and makes it much easier.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
Old 04-29-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velveeta View Post

You must check out www.squattypotty.com. This thing changed my life. I am not kidding. Seriously, if you are in that position again try to raise your feet up and lean forward. It opens the pubo-rectalis muscle and makes it much easier.

I lived in Asia for a few years where everyone squats to pee / poop and even now, after moving back to the west for almost a year I STILL use a stool to put my feet up on when I have to poop. Now at almost 8 months pregnant, I don't know how I would poop without it. When the stool has been moved out of the bathroom for whatever reason I really notice a difference in the amount of straining and time it takes to go to the bathroom. The stool doesn't have to be very high to be effective, even if it's 8-12 inches off the ground you'd notice a difference! Also, keep checking on your water levels... biggest reason why people have such a hard time pooping!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:44 PM

I know it's been a day since you wrote this but just wanted to add: relaxation is key for me. I don't know if it's possible for you but I try to go at a time when I know I could spend 30 min in the bathroom if I needed to. Just knowing that I don't have to hurry makes a tremendous difference. Since this pregnancy DH knows not to disturb me for any reason while I'm in the bathroom, even if he's wondering if I fell in.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
Old 04-30-2013, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I rarely experience constipation but sometimes when I don't feel like pushing I will massage my lower back in circles for a few minutes while I'm sitting there and it really helps to get things moving on their own.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 04-30-2013, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post

Not currently pg, but this is what I do!  :)

Me, too!

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzywan View Post

Me, too!
And here I thought I was so original LOL!!

joy.gif

Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Okay, this happened when I was pregnant, too. I have the wackiest tip, but it really works for those of you brave enough to try it.

When constipated, reach up into your vagina and find the edge of your poop through your vaginal wall. Push it out with your fingers. Done.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.

I was just reading Dakipode's post - that's *exactly* what happens to me!

If I feel stressed/anxious when I'm on the toilet and feel under time pressure to go quickly (or if I'm having to use a public toilet - ugh!!!) - then simply *nothing* will happen!

Does that happen to anyone else? I can never understand what it is that is stopping me from going - but the longer I sit there thinking/worrying about it, the less able to go I seem to be!

xx

Old 04-30-2013, 04:53 PM

Take your mind off it. I have a smartphone so I read a book or check out posts or play solitaire. If I focus on moving my bowels, they simply don't!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:20 AM

Ugh. It's happening to me today. Just browsing this thread to see if I want to try a new "technique" LOL!!!

joy.gif

User Tag List