Help Please!!!! Am I pregnant? Please help me! :( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-01-2013, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a postive HPT Monday then two more positive HPT on Tuesday. I went to the doctor today and got a negative urine test and negative blood test. They couldnt give me an explaination to why this happened? I'm so lost and confused I just want an explanation. btw the HPT were from two different boxes so there's no way I had 3 messed up test. PLEASE someone help I am at such a loss!
#2 of 13 Old 05-01-2013, 06:34 PM

What did the doc say about it? Sometimes the HPTs will give a very early positive if you test before your period was supposed to start, but the pregnancy is not viable and so a few days later you will start your period. This may not be the case with you, though. You will just have to wait a few days and see what happens. If you don't start your period in a few days I would take another HPT and if that is positive call your doc and get another blood test. Good luck. Sorry, I know this must be really stressful for you.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#3 of 13 Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Dalia...forgot to mention I missed my period that's why I took the HPT and I started spotting yesterday and today
#4 of 13 Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

They said I had no HCG In my blood so there's no way I'm pregnant or was pregnant...but that doesn't explain the 3 positive HPT & my weird symptoms
#5 of 13 Old 05-01-2013, 08:12 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this. It could be a chemical pregnancy, which is a very early form of pregnancy loss, where a pregnancy has been confirmed by home test, but is lost before a doctor can confirm. The other possibility is that your home test was more sensitive than the doctor's test (although it sounds like you had a quantitative HCG blood test), and that a repeat blood test in a few days would confirm pregnancy. Have you taken any home tests since the negative doctor's test result?
#6 of 13 Old 05-03-2013, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Yes I had a quantitative blood test done and they said since they saw no hCg they  could confirm I was pregnanat along with their 2 negative urine test...but the doctors still have no explananation for me and it is just eating away at me inside because I dont know why their was 3 positive HPTS. Does anybody have any advice??

#7 of 13 Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 PM

Did you ever start your period? You're probably just going to have to wait and see what happens. I wish I had something better to tell you.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#8 of 13 Old 05-03-2013, 07:51 PM

I'm pretty sure its only a chemical pregnancy if you bleed heavier than spotting. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this hug.gif. If all you're having is spotting then i would have them retake the blood test soon and also get an ultrasound in the next few weeks if you can. If you bleed like a normal period then it was probably a chemical pregnancy. Also, i've heard of women getting positive hpts and then they go to the doctor and those tests are negative...turns out they were actually pregnant. Weird, i know, but our bodies are often mysterious.
#9 of 13 Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia View Post

Did you ever start your period? You're probably just going to have to wait and see what happens. I wish I had something better to tell you.
I have been spotting for almost 5 days now some days are heavier than others...other thing I could think of is that I'm on Yaz birth control but I've never heard of bc making 3 hpts positive
#10 of 13 Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimordialMind View Post

I'm pretty sure its only a chemical pregnancy if you bleed heavier than spotting. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this hug.gif. If all you're having is spotting then i would have them retake the blood test soon and also get an ultrasound in the next few weeks if you can. If you bleed like a normal period then it was probably a chemical pregnancy. Also, i've heard of women getting positive hpts and then they go to the doctor and those tests are negative...turns out they were actually pregnant. Weird, i know, but our bodies are often mysterious.
yes I've bled heavier and just haven't felt "normal/great" the doctors obviolsu have no clue what's going on but I need answers to be at peace...I felt as if it was a chemical pregnancy but my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy and he thinks it was my BC that caused the hpt to be positive but I do not think so so I just feel alone with the situation.
#11 of 13 Old 05-03-2013, 10:18 PM

You are not crazy. Basically the same thing happened to me last year. It was a very early miscarriage. The doc was clueless and told me I was never pregnant, but the nurses came in and hugged me and told me he didn't know what he was talking about.

Early miscarriages happen a lot. Most women don't even know they were pregnant. It sounds like this is what happened to you, but maybe wait a few days and test again. If it were me I would not take birth control if I thought there may be even the slightest chance I were pregnant.

I'm sorry this happened. Big hugs to you.

joy.gif

#12 of 13 Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 PM

I would also need answers to be at peace. Even in the case of bleeding like a period i would want an ultrasound to confirm that i'm really not pregnant. False positives are very rare so to have 3 is definitely a sign that you either were or are pregnant. I've never heard of birth control creating positive hpts, that is probably very rare. They dont normally influence levels of hcg. Hopefully you can get an ultrasound, even if you have to go to a walk-in clinic hug.gif
#13 of 13 Old 05-06-2013, 05:28 PM

The uncertainty must be agonizing. Have you taken another HPT since the bleeding? A good friend had what she thought was a full period, only to find out she was indeed pregnant. Her daughter just turned two. So I'd say another test is in order, and if you get another positive, go back into the doc and ask for another blood test. Hope you get a definitive answer soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page