Everything smells rotten and disgusting - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-03-2013, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I made this amazing salad and then decided to put some salmon on it. Then I realized the salmon smelled gross so I threw it out. Then I opened some yogurt and it smelled spoiled so I threw that out. Then I opened some milk, it was gross, threw it out. Then I realized everything sort of had this gross smell. Finally, I opened a new package of beef jerky and it smelled disgusting. WTH???

This is my second trimester. I don't remember this from my first pregnancy... Anyone else experience this? It's kinda driving me nuts because everything is all of a sudden grossing me out!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#2 of 14 Old 05-04-2013, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

OMG that happened to me. I remember this. One day, in my second trimester, I poured myself a glass of milk that definitely smelled spoiled. It wasn't after the sell-by date so that was weird. Then the cheese, then some leftovers from the night before... Ended up damn near clearing out the fridge. It was just me.

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#3 of 14 Old 05-04-2013, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie8681 View Post

OMG that happened to me. I remember this. One day, in my second trimester, I poured myself a glass of milk that definitely smelled spoiled. It wasn't after the sell-by date so that was weird. Then the cheese, then some leftovers from the night before... Ended up damn near clearing out the fridge. It was just me.

That is exactly what is happening to me! I'm afraid to open the fridge because I know I will just throw everything out!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#4 of 14 Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only in my 1st trimester, but I gag and almost throw up everytime I change my toddlers diapers. I don't remember ever having it this bad before!

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#5 of 14 Old 05-04-2013, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

I just came home and MY WHOLE HOUSE smells rotten to me. LOL. Can't really throw everything out so I have to just deal with it!!

joy.gif

#6 of 14 Old 05-06-2013, 06:48 PM

Dalia-- I had that in my first trimester too! I went wild cleaning our bedroom trying to find the root of this one weird smell, and never did. After doing all the basic cleaning things, and shampooing w carpet, I doused everything in febreze which is SO out of character since we try to avoid chemicals and fake smells. At first, it did cover the funky smell-- but then it came back.

Thank goodness that time is over!

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#7 of 14 Old 05-06-2013, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiamoon View Post

Dalia-- I had that in my first trimester too! I went wild cleaning our bedroom trying to find the root of this one weird smell, and never did. After doing all the basic cleaning things, and shampooing w carpet, I doused everything in febreze which is SO out of character since we try to avoid chemicals and fake smells. At first, it did cover the funky smell-- but then it came back.

Thank goodness that time is over!

LOL! I just ordered some stuff to make the whole house smell like cinnamon. I think it's natural but at this point I don't care!!

joy.gif

#8 of 14 Old 05-06-2013, 07:00 PM

Haha! How does your partner feel about the scents? My husband was NOT happy to sleep in a perfume cloud that night, but he was gracious enough to let it go since I was clearly desperate. Poor guy has allergies and that stuff can really bug his nose!

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#9 of 14 Old 05-06-2013, 09:31 PM

I now don't trust myself when I think something smells or tastes good. I'll be like, "Is this the best risotto I've ever made, or am I just pregnant?" I try to have my husband taste things as I adjust the spice and seasoning, as I'm all screwed up. Although he's not terribly helpful. Sometimes he'll just say "It tastes different to how you make it when not pregnant," which doesn't really help. Or tell me there's too much pepper when I haven't added any yet. Oh well.
#10 of 14 Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

LOL. Well, I bought some cinnamon fragrance stuff and it arrived today. It smells SO STRONG to me that I thought for sure my husband would be like WTH? He didn't even notice! And here I can smell it as if it was right up my nose. I CAN'T WIN!!!

joy.gif

#11 of 14 Old 05-07-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA77 View Post

I now don't trust myself when I think something smells or tastes good. I'll be like, "Is this the best risotto I've ever made, or am I just pregnant?" I try to have my husband taste things as I adjust the spice and seasoning, as I'm all screwed up. Although he's not terribly helpful. Sometimes he'll just say "It tastes different to how you make it when not pregnant," which doesn't really help. Or tell me there's too much pepper when I haven't added any yet. Oh well.

That's funny! I haven't noticed if my cooking is different, but my motivation to stand and make hour-long-prep meals has definitely diminished. And when the nausea was worst, I couldn't cook with any meats or green veggies of any kind.

#12 of 14 Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 AM

This is so funny!!! Just last night my husband made burgers and I've been craving burgers and I normally love his but they tasted so off. I kept asking him if his tasted weird and made him try mine but he said they tasted the same. I don't know what it was but I couldn't finish it. I really wanted to like it and I've been wanting burgers so bad but this just didn't do it for me.

#13 of 14 Old 05-07-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I just went outside in the fresh spring air with flowers blooming and I was like, "It smells nasty out here." LOL!!!!

joy.gif

#14 of 14 Old 05-07-2013, 11:08 AM

I just threw out the entire contents of my refrigerator yesterday. Everything looks and smells disgusting!!  I cant wait for this part of the pregnancy to be over with. it is ROUGH!

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page