Plus Size and Pregnant - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 259 Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Snowydays I'm there with ya...... I am with the father but he is unemployed.... so its all on me right now.... I have been wondering if I should tell my family near xmas or not also..... I would only be 10 or 11ish weeks. ..... I debate telling them when I am farther or near xmas bc maybe family will be in a good mood. Not sure.........I dont know when a good time is. Have you tried telling your babies father to see if he will help you at all? He should still know or forsure het child support. .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 259 Old 11-25-2013, 06:51 PM

Journey, I know how you feel.  The father and I are "friends" and see each other one to two times a week. He has made it clear that although he cares for me, I am not "the one" for him forever.  It is ok, he is not the one I want to spend the rest of my life with either and I would not marry him if he asked me to.  (But I am not happy with his decision to distance himself.) I know I will be pretty on my own with this one - I don't see him hanging out with me for the whole pregnancy.  It is just not on his agenda.  I come from a VERY religious family who will completely freak out.  My sister and the people I am close to know who the dad is but are confused by my relationship with him.  My mother and other family lives several states away.  I am actually going to lie to them and tell them it is a donor baby and imply that I did AI.  My sister did that 5 years ago so it is believable. (As long as my mother and my aunt believe it, I don't care who else does. Mainly I am trying to give my mother a chance to save face with her family and church.)  I am 40 years old with three older kids (my youngest is 10)  and have been a single mom for over 2 years.  I have never made it a secret that I want another baby.  My family thinks I am completely crazy for it and many may condemn me for having a baby now without being married but I love this little one and that is all that matters right now.  Chin up, you are not alone.  You are not the first to be in this position and certainly wont be the last.

#153 of 259 Old 11-26-2013, 02:14 AM

Journeyfan no the father will have zero involvement which is what we both want as we don't want to be in a relationship together. I'm glad I don't have to worry about any custody or visitation issues etc. I'm trying to keep peaceful about it and not be too scared, I keep thinking I have done this with one child already, so I can do it again. I know it will be hard though.

Bethania, will telling your family you did AI really go down any better with them than if you had an 'oops' moment with your boyfriend? I would imagine mine would be even more angry and upset due to AI clearly not being accidental, and planning a child while not married is completely unacceptable due to religious reasons as well as common sense not having the extra support of a partner there for you, they would think I was mad.

belly.gif+bikenew.gif +   stork-girl.gif 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 383rdtri.gif 40 
#154 of 259 Old 11-26-2013, 08:05 PM

I am sorry both of you are having issues too. I hope my family will just accept my child knowing he or she was a blessing from God. They know we want to get married but our lives are just a little backwards. Baby...home....marriage. .... lol I guess the exact opposite from what my family wants. I have always been the black sheep in my family anyway. ....my family has always been racist. I am white and have mostly dated out of my race mainly black. So we are having a interracial baby smile.gif so that's another thing for them to pile up..... I am religious but not the way my family is.... I don't judge others..... I hope is that if everything goes well and I hit 12 ish weeks I am just going to tell my family and they can accept me n baby and if not then me and my bf n baby will be our own family. I just don't know honestly if my child will be accepted by them bc its out of marriage and a mixed baby. I guess time will only tell.
Bethania I think you should tell your family the truth but if you don't want to I understand. Its tough when we don't have open non judgemental families. We always want to be completely honest with our family but the way they act restricts us from doing so.
Snowydays I am happy that you n dad are on the same page. And you have already done this once you can do it again. I believe if you are a religious that if you believe in God he will always provide for you and your children. We all have this wonderful site to talk on to help each other out. smile.gif
#155 of 259 Old 11-27-2013, 03:38 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

snowydays, I hope whenever you decide to reveal your pregnancy, that your family can accept it for what it is.

bethania, I am sorry you feel you have to lie to your family about your baby - I wish that people could simply see babies as a blessing regardless of how the baby came into existence.

journey fan, it sounds like you have a good attitude that will do good for the new life you are growing.

AFM, babies still on the inside - 36 + 6 today.  I really can't believe I made it this far with twins. My belly itches so bad. My maternity clothes are just barely covering my stomach. I haven't gained weight but my belly has gotten bigger and bigger this week. Family is coming in tonight - so glad there is another house they can all sleep in so they come to my house to play games, visit, and eat, then they can go back to another house to sleep or just leave so I can sleep. I will be adding 8 people to my house for the next few days.

ReadingMama and MyKittysMew like this.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#156 of 259 Old 11-27-2013, 12:13 PM

Can I join? 

I'm Jaime. I'm 37 and pregnant with my 3rd child, 4th counting my step son. I started this pregnancy far heavier than I've ever been. I am almost 27 wks at this point and it's a girl. I'm a nervous wreck this go round. I'm overweight, I'm working 50 hrs/wk, I'm exhausted and dealing with a truly crazy ex. My poor husband is my rock, but I know he is at his breaking point some days. 

I had my 1hr GTT today. I'm scared I'm going to fail it. I had a HgbA1C of 5.7 at the beginning of the pregnancy. I did my own redneck version of the 3 hr test a week or so ago and after 120+gm carb load I had blood sugars of 165 at 1 hr, 121 at 2 hr, and 89 at 3 hrs. I'm hoping that that means I will be okay with this today, but I don't know. I do know that I don't want to risk out of a birth center birth. I had a horrible hospital experience with my first and just panic at the thought of having to go back there. I also want the birth center for financial reasons. 

Anyway, I was thrilled to find this thread cause I always feel so awkward in threads with all the skinny girls who don't have the same worries.

#157 of 259 Old 11-27-2013, 03:13 PM

Thank u lilacvioletiris..... I just stress now from spotting I did again. ..... I just can't wait and pray that the baby is healthy and will not miscarriage. ... that's all that is on my mind.
Welcome haydn's mommy. ..... this place is great. ... everyone is nice and we r not women worried that we look fat in a size 2. Lol.
#158 of 259 Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 PM

Welcome Haydn'sMommy. I hope you pass your 1 hr glucose screen. I failed it and my 3 hour test, but although I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I was able to keep off insulin with diet and exercise and now I am 37 weeks tomorrow with twins. I go swimming 6 days a week for 30 minutes and do a 2-2-2-4-2-4-2 carb diet to keep myself from feeling hungry - morning is my biggest challenge because I wake up at 5 a.m. with my DH. I hope you don't have to deal with gestational diabetes.

journey fan, you were spotting again today? I hope you can get some rest of the next few days and hopefully your bleeding will cease.

AFM, Well, the doctor I saw today just went up a notch higher on the "I wouldn't mind her being present for the birth." She didn't even suggest doing a cervical check today. She prefaced her comments with "I know you are trying to have these babies natural so we won't even worry about taking about induction, unless you want to." Yeah. I was afraid she would push it this week since I am 37 weeks tomorrow. She even said that my pregnancy has been for a former IVF client, "boringly normal".  Yeah, that is a good thing! My mom and 2 of my 3 sisters and a brother in law will be here tomorrow and still more on Friday. I will have fun with my family. My mom is all pumped for me to start labor and tell the whole world.  I need to get her a little bit more calmed down since I don't intend to tell people until the babies are breathing air.  We will see what happens.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#159 of 259 Old 11-28-2013, 01:40 AM

lilac so excited for you, your babies are early here and it's great you have made it so far along with twins! Maybe they will be born while your family is still visiting so they can help out a little bit.

journeyfan I hope the bleeding stops soon, I am almost 14 weeks now and still very anxious about something going wrong, I'm hoping if I reach 16 weeks I might relax a little bit more.

welcome haydn's mom!

I'm still struggling with the nausea during the mornings especially and again later in the day, it sucks! Milk seems to be the only thing that helps it. I felt really sick at work yesterday I had to do the deep breathing exercises to help stop it, that was after midday! It seems to be on and off all day. I'm trying not to get any medication for it and just hope it stops soon.

With regards to telling the family, I am wondering if I can hide my bump until 20 weeks, I might hold off telling them until I have the scan at that point so I can tell them the baby's sex at the same time I tell them I'm pregnant, maybe that will help.

ReadingMama likes this.

belly.gif+bikenew.gif +   stork-girl.gif 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 383rdtri.gif 40 
#160 of 259 Old 11-28-2013, 03:03 AM

snowydays, have you thought about doing the blood test that tells for the sex? You would be able to do that now without waiting for an ultrasound. I had a friend do it at 10 weeks.

#161 of 259 Old 12-03-2013, 04:28 PM

I'm just catching up from the last few weeks!

Lilac - I didn't connect how close you were to the end of the third trimester joy.gif are your twins considered full term at this point?

Jaime - welcome and I'm hoping you're feeling at peace, did you hear back about the blood test?

Snowy days, journey fan and Bethania sorry to lump the three of you together, I hope your family can find a way to express loving support and you can approach them with a dose of grace too. Your family may not smile and nod, but you can all lean on each other.

AFM, I'll be 25 wks on Thursday and I'm feeling pretty good. Though standing too long makes me feel a little woozy and sitting on the floor makes my pelvis ache. I haven't even had a tums yet which is strange for me, I'm wondering if I'll have a little baldy this time wink1.gif We're mostly decided on Olivia Grace as her name and I'm really looking forward to some newborn cuddles love.gif One OB decided I needed to have regular ultrasounds to monitor fetal growth, even though the radiologist at the high risk imaging center said the baby looks perfect and she doesn't foresee a need to have another scan. So I'm seeing a different Dr in the practice on the 18th and I'll ask that my fundal height be monitored instead (the other didn't even bother to measure)eyesroll.gif The practice seems to have taken the intervention train since my last baby!

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#162 of 259 Old 12-03-2013, 08:31 PM

Just checking in from the other side, ladies. Welcome to the newly expecting mamas and I hope everyone has a happy and healthy pregnancy. I'm sorry to read that some of you face challenges around family but know that you're strong, brave women and that your babies will thrive on your love.
As for me, squish is 4 months and a week old and is the size of a small toddler: 26.5 inches and 20lbs. Babywearing is an absolute lifesaver; I don't know how I'd manage this chunker and big sis without it. I love this delicious, uberchubby phase
MyKittysMew likes this.
#163 of 259 Old 12-04-2013, 02:57 AM

abiyhayil, yes, I think my babies are considered full term at this point. My belly is stretched so far I can hardly stand it. I am hoping these babies come before my next dr appointment Friday though because I don't want to be pushed for an induction. Right now the twin on the right is trying to push a limb out of my belly button. It is the strangest thing! I have been having major rock hard belly but nothing that feels like contractions that stop and start.

AFM, 37 weeks plus 7 days. I still can't believe I have made it this far with twins. One day at a time!

#164 of 259 Old 12-04-2013, 04:23 AM

Lilac, that's amazing! Those will be some strong, healthy babes!
#165 of 259 Old 12-04-2013, 05:04 AM

That is what I am hoping for with my twins. I want to be able to bring them home when I come home.

#166 of 259 Old 12-04-2013, 09:51 AM

well, i failed my 1 hr by just a few points. 134 and the cut off was 130. so, i did the 3 hr gtt today. i feel awful...shaking, headache, fatigued. i get the results tomorrow. i am bummed.
#167 of 259 Old 12-04-2013, 11:29 AM

It took me a day or two to recover from the 3 hour glucose test. It is an awful large load of sugar to drink at one time. I wish there was a better way to do that test.

#168 of 259 Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 PM

Anybody have a pregnancy with scar tissue from previous abdominal surgeries? I've had a couple bowel resection because of Crohn's disease. My first abdominal ultrasound yesterday. Was kinda hard to see detail because of scar tissue. My doctor said, "This pregnancy might not be as comfortable as you expect." Because of abdominal adhesions.

Book-lovin', relaxed homeschoolin', dog snugglin' mom of the best kid EVER!  AND...waiting for baby #2, due 5/9/14!  stork-boy.gif

#169 of 259 Old 12-04-2013, 06:31 PM

No idea why my text is so huge! MDC and my phone don't seem to play well.

Book-lovin', relaxed homeschoolin', dog snugglin' mom of the best kid EVER!  AND...waiting for baby #2, due 5/9/14!  stork-boy.gif

#170 of 259 Old 12-05-2013, 02:29 AM

Never had abdominal surgery so I am no help there, but on the computer version of mdc, your text doesn't look any different than mine in the post before. I hope you can find some answers

I can't believe I have made it to 38 weeks pregnant today.  Still doesn't seem like labor is impending although as I was sitting here writing this note, I had one of the shrink wrap type contractions on my belly.  These babies will surely come when they put there mind to it.

MyKittysMew likes this.

#171 of 259 Old 12-05-2013, 06:41 AM

Lilac congrats on making it to 38 weeks! I didn't know there was a blood test to determine the gender... will have to look into that one! 

At 14 and a half weeks I still haven't told anyone I'm pregnant yet but finally phoned to make my first appointment with the midwife, I left a message on Monday and expect to hear back by tomorrow, if not I will phone again on Monday. So I expect my first actual appointment will be booked for 16 weeks. I have heard the baby's heart beat myself last week using a home use doppler, it was awesome :love 

I think the fat on my stomach must be hiding the baby bump because I keep seeing pictures in my due date group of women not even as far along as me and they have big bumps already, where as I have nothing! I measured my stomach and have gained 1 inch around so far. Hearing the heart beat reassured me there is actually a little one inside!

I don't think I will get much/any bigger in the next 3 weeks by Christmas time, so I should be able to keep it a secret until after the holiday period and by then I hope to have found out the sex at my first scan.

Still feeling nauseous in the mornings and ready for bed by 7pm but stay up until 8.30 :lol

lilac do you have names picked out for your boys? I have nothing so far other than a family name for the middle name.

#172 of 259 Old 12-05-2013, 09:02 AM

Yeah, the blood test is pretty cool - it checks for the 3 most common trisomies and determines gender. If I would have been having a singleton, I would have done it too.

I hear ya about the "not really showing". I think skinnier people see their bumps a whole lot sooner than us. I needed new pants by 12 weeks because of twins, but even with them, it didn't seem that my belly was really that much bigger. I was wearing pre-pregnancy shirts until at least 24 weeks and a couple even after that.

I hope you start feeling better. Being nauseous is no fun.  For me it has been the acid reflux, even this morning I forgot to take my Zantac on time and I threw up.  So annoying.

We are planning to name our boys William Ernest and Edward Ronald.  The first names are great great grandparents to the boys - long since gone - and the middle names are from dad and grandpa after I talked my DH out of Ronald Ernest the third. Love my husband, but seriously I didn't want the boys to feel that one of them was more loved because he got all of daddy's names and the other got none. Took us forever to agree on a second name - William - was actually one that we had talked about even before we got married and when DH suggested Edward as the other boy's name I really liked the sound of those names together. William is my DH's best friend's name, a favorite teacher of mine, my great grandfather's name and a varient of my favorite grandmother's name (she was Wilma because her parents expected a boy, but a got a girl).  I am going to have two little princes at my house - William and Edward.

#173 of 259 Old 12-06-2013, 03:02 AM

Yeah it must be the normal belly size just hiding the baby bump, im sure it's in there somewhere. Glad it isn't just like that for me though, good to hear other's experiences with this.

It's great you have your boys names all set to go and they have personal meanings for you behind them, that's what I'm planning for the middle name of mine. I don't feel like looking into all the names until after I find out the sex. Still waiting to hear back from the midwife, I thought I would have heard by now, getting impatient lol

#174 of 259 Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 AM

I thought I was going to have my babies yesterday - contractions 3 to 5 minutes apart and pretty intense. I was supposed to have a prenatal appointment at 2:10 p.m. but that ob was sick so I had to come in the morning to see the on call doctor. I was one cm dilated and that doctor was like "I want you to go over to L and D to be monitored." Why, I am only at 1 cm? "well your blood pressure was high and I want to make sure it doesn't stay like that." 

I have never had a high blood pressure reading, never had protein in my urine (sign of preclampsia), etc.  I sat for 3 hours in triage looked up to a blood pressure cuff and baby heart monitors and all my contractions stopped.  Most uncomfortable bed to sit on, since they were trying to take my blood pressure I couldn't get up and move around.  Finally blood work came back negative for all the things they were "worried" about and I came home.  Haven't started having the intense contractions again yet.  :( I want to see my babies!

#175 of 259 Old 12-08-2013, 12:45 AM

lilac Goodluck to you, I hope you get to see those babies soon! What type of birth do you plan on having?

#176 of 259 Old 12-08-2013, 04:39 AM

Hoping for a natural vaginal delivery of twins. I have two head down babies so there is hope for that. Took an excellent natural childbirth class and I think I have been coping pretty well with the "pre-labor" pains I have been having. I believe I can have these babies without a c-section and I will do all in my power to make it happen. Real strong belly binding feelings this morning. Going to try and get a little bit more sleep though now that I have had my first breakfast.

MyKittysMew likes this.

#177 of 259 Old 12-08-2013, 06:06 AM

Good luck lilac.... I hope you will have the natural birth you want.
#178 of 259 Old 12-09-2013, 04:36 AM

Thinking of you Lilac, glad you got to go home instead of rushed into induction!

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#179 of 259 Old 12-09-2013, 05:17 AM

Hey ladies! I've been afk (as it were) for far too long, it's so exciting to see what's been happening with all of you.

Lilacvioletiris; I am especially excited for you right now as you are almost there! I knew a woman who had a natural childbirth with full-term, 9lb each twin girls.-just to encourage you that it is possible, even if you don't hear about it very often. That mother was a fuller figured mama but quite short with it, so size is not the biggest issue. I am really wishing you all the luck in the World & the best experience having your beautiful baby boys. :Hug

ReadingMama; I have fibro too, pretty severely, and scoliosis. I had to go off all of my meds, some of which had been causing major swelling & weight gain themselves. I am so very glad you found an OB that's not treating you as high risk. I always get treated as a bit of a problem, and it frankly seems to come as a surprise to the doc's that I don't develop GD or blood pressure issues. I don't think they believe me when I tell them that we have a diet that at least is mostly unprocessed foods & that I always try to be as active as I can be without pushing myself into more flares. I just let them figure it out for themselves, they don't listen to me anyway. lol I had a double hernia op as well as a laparoscopy. I am guessing my scarring is not as extensive as yours but there have been some minor issues with seeing on the scans. They haven't been a big issue though. Wishing you lots of strength for the rest of your pregnancy! :thumb

I can't remember how much I shared about myself, so forgive me if I recap a bit. I am 41 and about 33 weeks (I have a terrible time keeping up with the weeks) pregnant with #3, due for a caeasarian on the 14th of January.-a little boy to join our 2 girls (ages 15 & 4). :joy 

I've had issues with severe nausea & reflux with all 3 of my pregnancies. I had to eat something every 3 hours during the first few months (though a lot of it came back up) & put on some weight but have gotten to where I barely manage to eat 2-3 times per day now & don't always keep it all down, so I have actually now lost about 35lbs although my belly is huge so you wouldn't know. lol My MIL has lent me clothes that she made herself to get me through, and I'm very grateful for it. I can't be accused of being the most stylish pregnant woman around but at least I'm not being arrested for indecent exposure. :D

I had some spotting and a gush of blood early on, which apparently was caused by the severity of the vomiting. It seems I had a small cervical tear or something like that, so although I've had to take it very easy I am just so happy to be this far along & going to meet our baby boy soon. His name will be Galen Duncan William. 

I still have issues with people assuming I am just horrendously fat, rather than pregnant. Having to use the wheelchair frequently appears to make that assumption more common, which I find weird in this day & age. I think that they assume that being overweight is my disability, rather than it actually being the other way around (weight problems from disability). I still feel incredibly blessed and amazed that I have been able to have these babies. Whatever people may assume about me, they are each loved & treasured & I give them the very best of everything I have. 

You ladies who are doing the single mama thing I have enormous respect for. I did it on my own for several years and it takes a special kind of strength to take it on again. If it makes you feel any better, I get judged for having my kids (right from #1) with disabilities even though each one has been born in marriage.- I was engaged when we fell pregnant with #2, married at 7 months pregnant. People can always find reasons to criticize. Don't let them even try to pour cold water on your happiness. :grouphug 

ReadingMama likes this.
#180 of 259 Old 12-09-2013, 07:58 AM

abiyhayil, I am glad I wasn't pushed into an induction Friday either.  I don't have another doctor appointment until Fri. Dec. 13 if I make it that far, lol. It is with the ob that is the most natural birth friendly too and by then I will be 39 weeks.

AFM, my babies are still moving around quite a bit. This morning when I woke up the second time for good, I was having severe belly clenching, shrink wrapping contractions and I could barely walk because it feels like a ball is sitting in my pelvis very low (which his head probably is). Getting up off the toilet, a chair, or my exercise ball is a serious painful experience. haven't had too many belly clenchers since sitting on the ball most of the morning. My mom is coming to stay with us and should be here in a few hours. We will see how that goes. She can get pretty high strung.

ReadingMama likes this.

Tags
Pregnancy Questions , Pregnancy , New Mom Guide

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page