Silly things never to do when pregnant... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2013, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a thread for sharing anything silly/crazy you've done in a hormonal fit, when sleep-deprived, in desperate need of relief, etc. that you really should have known not to do. I'll start...

While your partner is out of town on business, and after waking up at 2:30am, decide to give yourself a drastic haircut in your bathroom. :/

Please tell me I'm not the only one to lose my grip on good judgement while pregnant... wink1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

This will be a fun thread!

Old 05-14-2013, 05:05 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

I've also shorn my hair in a fit of frustration when I finally found where the scissors had got to. I triumphantly told my DH that I'd found that scissors, but when he looked at the hand I was presenting; it was not scissors in my hand but rather a fist full of hair.

I have terrible insomnia in the latter half of my pregnancy. It's bad enough that I cannot maintain a full time job while pregnant. I take gravol for this (I do NOT recommend this especially if you're a candidate for preterm labour. I have little fear of preterm labour, and will probably go overdue again). I went to speak to a pharmacist and she tried to take my gravol away. I had to snatch it back quite quickly. I cannot function properly, work or take care of my 2.5 year old on 0 - 3 hours of sleep a night.

Me (34) (PCOS), DH (36) and DD1 (4) and DD2(1). We are going to go for a third. Now, will we succeed?
Old 05-14-2013, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Do NOT try to go down the tube slide at the playground....or any slide for that matter no matter how much your other kids beg you!

Granola-ey, crunchy, marathoning, natural living Christian mamatreehugger.gif down south with DHguitar.gif and DD1 (6)dust.gif, DD2 (2)energy.gif, and DD3 babygirl.gif.    homebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.giffemalesling.GIFgoorganic.jpghomeschool.gif
Old 05-14-2013, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMama19 View Post

Do NOT try to go down the tube slide at the playground....or any slide for that matter no matter how much your other kids beg you!

Or go bowling.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 AM

Do not try to pick up and carry your SO on your shoulders in a fit of sillyness in your third trimester. It doesn't go all that well...even if you are ordinarily freakishly strong. redface.gif

Old 05-14-2013, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

I'm getting some hilarious mental images here. Makes me feel better about my new shorn sheep look. wink1.gif
Old 05-14-2013, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartingAllOver View Post

Do not try to pick up and carry your SO on your shoulders in a fit of sillyness in your third trimester. It doesn't go all that well...even if you are ordinarily freakishly strong. redface.gif

Whoa!! I thought I was being a rougue by carrying a bookcase into the living room by myself...

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

Old 05-15-2013, 11:00 AM

I gave myself a pixie cut while pg with my first smile.gif lol
Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 PM

Don't move a cord of wood to another area because you're mad that DH hasn't done it already. Holy sore back!!

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 
Old 05-15-2013, 03:44 PM

Don't get in between two men attempting to beating up a third man (who obviously was trying to get away and was just a kid walking home from work). I was walking home from work at about 10 at night and noticed two men (early 20's?) hassling a third young man. At first it seemed like they were just goading him but as I got closer it was obvious they were looking for an excuse to fight (a perfect stranger just trying to get home). The sad thing is, is that other people on the street ignored what was going on. I brought out my phone to call the police but it became obvious that this guy was moments away from being pummeled. I approached the group, the two guys looked stunned at the angry pregnant woman giving them what for while the third guy took the opportunity to make a break for it and run into the nearby grocery store for help. Afterwards a couple adult men approached me and congratulated me on my citizenship ... I couldn't help but wonder where they were in the middle of it all :P

Old 05-15-2013, 03:45 PM

I'll add my husband gave me what for when I got home ... he wasn't surprised I did it but I got in trouble none the less

Old 05-15-2013, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, Nattery, I'm so glad the situation turned out OK. I would have freaked if I were your husband, but totally understand that we become humanity's protectors when we're pregnant and mothering. That instinct to protect the weak is very strong. You're awesome (but please don't do this again!). And seriously, why didn't anyone else step in?! Craziness all around.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiamoon View Post

Whoa!! I thought I was being a rougue by carrying a bookcase into the living room by myself...

Yeah. I was not proud after the "incident" LOL 
Ted (my DP) wasn't very happy about it (scared him that I had REALLY hurt myself), but he has a good sense of humor and I have picked him up before, so after he cleaned up my bloodied toe (scraped the tip of it quite badly), we laughed about how dippy that was. 

Truth is, in the moment, I kinda "forgot" I was pregnant. 

Carrying heavy things, moving too much or having lapses in judgement seem to be par for the course for pregnant brains. For me, I think it borne out of a need to assert that I am still me. You know?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 AM

I do know. My husband says he never knows wether I'll be appreciative or resentful of his help. I had to tell him "sorry, but, neither do I!" But I am working on asking for help more.

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 AM

I do know. My husband says he never knows wether I'll be appreciative or resentful of his help. I had to tell him "sorry, but, neither do I!" But I am working on asking for help more.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:28 AM

Go on a plane trip that's longer than an hour when you're hugely pregnant. I took a 4 hour plane trip when 32 weeks with number two. I made sure to get up and stretch my legs every hour but after I got off the plane the left side of my groin was very sore and swollen. It hurt to walk and it wasnt better until the next day.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Picture your own 85lb pit bull in the gold bikini and fruit hat as the bull dog, Louise, from the movie Rio. Then proceed to call him "sexy helper". Which causes a hysterical laughter and crying fit, which ultimately ends up in loss of bladder control!

Ah, pregnancy! How I miss thee...

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif

User Tag List