castor oil attempt!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 05-18-2013, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello everyone last night i attempted three spoons in a half of castor oil . Four hours later i used the bathroom twice .some pains came most back pains . At twelve pm i tried two spoons more i used the bathroom once again but no contractions . Only backpains and vaginal pressure . It is now 7.23 pm should i try again? If so how many spoons?! Please nooo comments as to why i shouldnt try . I already am so save it!! /B]
#2 of 21 Old 05-18-2013, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

38 weeks
#3 of 21 Old 05-18-2013, 07:40 PM

Are you 38 weeks? Medical induction and natural inductions alike will not work easily if your body is not physically ready. A key to induction is understanding and knowing your Bishops score. A bishop score takes into account cervical effacement and dilation, baby's station in the pelvis and more.
#4 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 09:27 AM

Castor oil won't work (for almost all women) at 38 weeks.  Your body isn't ready to give birth.  You've tried the castor oil twice and it didn't work.  Please be patient and let your baby finish baking!

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#5 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I tried castor oil, it was by far the worst induction attempt! What worked for me was eating a plate of pasta loaded with oregano, which is said to help start labor, then put on a rubber glove, lubed my fingers with EPO, and stripped my membranes my baby was born 13 hours later

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#6 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LilChunklins View Post

I tried castor oil, it was by far the worst induction attempt! What worked for me was eating a plate of pasta loaded with oregano, which is said to help start labor, then put on a rubber glove, lubed my fingers with EPO, and stripped my membranes my baby was born 13 hours later

But how far along were you?  This mom is only 38 weeks, she's not even due yet.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#7 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamiAris View Post

Please nooo comments as to why i shouldnt try . I already am so save it!! /B]

Well, sorry, but I don't think you're going to get a lot of support on this site for potentially dangerous induction methods two weeks prior to your due date.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012.  Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013.
#8 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 05:05 PM

I had been *trying* to induce myself from 38 weeks, but nothing will work till your body/baby are ready. My "magic" concoction probably only worked becuz we were ready, I was 39w6d, so he was born one day before his EDD.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

#9 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I agree, let your baby finish developing in utero.  Be patient, it won't be long smile.gif

Quote:

The College and SMFM have long recommended that doctors not induce labor or perform cesareans before 39 weeks of pregnancy without a clear medical reason. A full-term pregnancy lasts 40 weeks. “Early-term” deliveries are those that occur between 37 and 39 weeks of gestation. Early-term infants have higher rates of respiratory distress, respiratory failure, pneumonia, and admission to neonatal intensive care units compared with infants born at 39 to 40 weeks gestation. Infants born at 37 to 38 weeks also have a higher mortality rate than those born later.

http://www.acog.org/About_ACOG/News_Room/News_Releases/2013/Early_Deliveries_Without_Medical_Indications

phathui5 likes this.
#10 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 07:19 PM

What number baby is this for you?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#11 of 21 Old 05-19-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyTiger View Post

Well, sorry, but I don't think you're going to get a lot of support on this site for potentially dangerous induction methods two weeks prior to your due date.

yeahthat.gif

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#12 of 21 Old 05-21-2013, 11:01 AM

Updates?

#13 of 21 Old 05-28-2013, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

I gave up after those attempts i put epo vaginally everynight to be ready for labor atleast . .however now i have a small yeast infection . Can i continue with the epo?
[B[/B]
#14 of 21 Old 05-28-2013, 07:52 PM

I think I wouldn't use it in there till that's all cleared up. Id definitely be putting probiotics in to over power the yeast. Your baby will be given a dose of your flora as he/she is being born, so I would really try to take care of that ASAP. Even if you do a 3 day monistat. You might consider taking probiotics orally as well.
You can also take EPO orally, I think I was taking 3 or 4 a day at the end.
Good luck! I hope everything gets straightened out quickly for you.

#15 of 21 Old 05-28-2013, 09:12 PM

You could use plain organic yogurt vaginally to help clear up the yeast.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#16 of 21 Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks girls turns out no yeast infection but had a small uti . I went in with terrible pains and to my surprise non were caught on the monitors i wanted to çry so bad of fustration .
#17 of 21 Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM

Sometimes I think the monitors aren't in the right place to pick up the contractions properly. Mine looked tiny on the strip of paper that reflects the monitor, but I felt like they were really intense and even getting transition like. The nurses must have thought I was such a wimp! Low and behold my labor was fast and furious, I went from 5 cm to 10 in 2 hours! But the monitors just didn't accurately reflect the strength of my contractions

#18 of 21 Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

I said the same . Wethet it was bh or not it should have shown something but it didnt i was very upset because i felt crazy . Ive still been experiencing the pains . But im completely closed no dilation nor effacement so there just looking at me like the crazy lady who wants to give birth already -_-
#19 of 21 Old 05-30-2013, 08:51 PM

Ah ha ha ha! I've been in those shoes! With DD I went to the hospital 3 times for false alarms, it was really embarrassing.
But if your not dialated or ripe yet, Id probably start using 2 epos at bedtime as well as taking them orally. And drink RRLT by the pitcher!!

#20 of 21 Old 05-31-2013, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Epo is my best friend vaginally now . Eight a night lol
#21 of 21 Old 06-01-2013, 07:40 AM

Lol there u go! What's your due date?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page