Almost 5 weeks pregnant - can ligament stretching already be happening? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-07-2013, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So last night around the time I was arriving home from work I got a few pokey-pinchy type feelings that came and went on my right side around back by hip at about bellybutton level.  Nothing that took my breath away or anything but I had been go-go-going all day and in 3 inch heels at that.

At first I thought oh hmm perhaps its time for heels to take a back shelf for a while. But then a bit later once dinner was going I got them again for a little while.  I wouldn't say they 'hurt' but it was def like OH Oooo! Then after taking it easy about an hour later they subsided. I wonder can that be things stretching out back there already? Sciatic nerve? Ligament stretching? Isn't it too early for those things?

This curious cat wants to know, anyone else have this and is it one of those things that happens throughout the pregnancy off and on in different locations?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-07-2013, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I had round ligament pain on the right front side at 5 weeks.  I am expecting twins and my doctor said that my uterus is just getting larger faster so things can get tightened around.  Another thing I have found is being hydrated helps to keep muscle pain at bay.  Your shoes may have contributed to it, even after they were off, because your body had been in a bit of strange posture to support your growing body.  I have had back spasms from sitting too long and stooping or bending.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#3 of 6 Old 06-07-2013, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks lilacvioletiris! 

I think after this weekend with a little shopping for some flats (Bye bye favorite Frye boots! Flats are taking your place for a while! wink1.gif)and a few more comfy dresses that should help and yes I actually thought I might have been dehydrated so that's a great reminder to drink more than usual. I've been SO thirsty at night! congrats on your growing sweet twins! 

#4 of 6 Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
You are welcome. The more I read about pregnancy, the more I am amazed at how the body works and what the body needs to function properly.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#5 of 6 Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For me, it has hurt to cough, sneeze, laugh, sob, and yawn since very very early. My midwife has said that it's not altogether unusual, and that it all depends on your body and how it's built. I hope you find relief!

BTW: I'm 17 weeks and still in stilettos because I'm stubborn 😜

-MQ

SAH Princess, happily married to my adorable Nerf Herder

brokenheart.gif 2009 Expecting my rainbow1284.gif in November 2013

#6 of 6 Old 06-07-2013, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks M.Q! I haven't had those pains again today it feels like I did a crazy thigh, hip, and ab workout! I'm tender like I would be sore from a work out!  Its so cool and amazing what is going on in the bod throughout this journey! It's my first so every little symptom is fascinating to me!

Ha I love that you are still wearing stilettos!  I just love heels, plus I'm 5'3" and any height I can get I love! I think the 4.5 incher's will be retired but the 3's should be tolerable for a WEE bit longer! :-)

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page