Early signs you might be carrying twins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-11-2013, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Anyone out there feel like sharing how early on in pregnancy they had signs/symptoms that made them wonder and almost intuitively know they were having twins? 

Just curious! Peace.gif

#2 of 6 Old 06-12-2013, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

I started to have symptoms at 6 weeks when I reviewed an old journal. Just really tired and a bit nauseous.

#3 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you tracyamber!

My biggest symptom these days is the weight gain. Its my first pregnancy and when I found out I was pregnant at 15 dpo I was already a good 3 lbs heavier from water weight gain. I stepped on the scale yesterday (now in my 5th week) and I was another 5lbs heavier! That seems really high and I'm duper bloated.  So I started wondering if perhaps there might be two in there? Twins run on my mom's side and we were told it skips a generation so it would be my generation. :-)  I'll be happy either way but the weight gain in a couple weeks time seems excessive so I got a little hopeful. Thanks again!

#4 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I gave birth to identical twins (which doesn't have a genetic component) in July 2012.  I had very very strong symptoms starting as early as 8dpo: lots of cramping, light headed, extra discharge, nausea- but the way it would feel more like 7 weeks along. Yet I hadn't even missed my period! Then, I got back my blood tests and the hcg was doubling extremely fast, but my progesterone was still low.  An ultrasound at 7 weeks only showed one baby, but I felt so weird.  They didn't see both babies until I was 12 weeks.  Apparently, the twins were on top of each other, so the dr missed it!

Good luck!!

Me-38

DH-46

DD-Born 7/19/09 Natural,unmedicated hospital hypno birth! energy.gif

Pregnant with Mono-di twin boys, due some time in mid to late July 2012!babyboy.gifbabyboy.gif

#5 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Ha! Hiding twins! Thanks Gindugirl! I just had blood work done yesterday so hopefully that might shed some light but if not I'll just have to wait and see. wink1.gif

#6 of 6 Old 06-22-2013, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't had twins but am newly pregnant with my 5th. I know everyone always wonders, could it be twins? At least I have in the past. This time, though, is so different. I am only 2 days past my missed period, 4 weeks pregnant, and I have constant cramping, nausea, and so so so tired. It is so pronounced and out of my control it is kind of humorous! So, we will see!

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page