cleaning chemicals and pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-14-2013, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello! I am not pregnant yet, but thought this was the best area to post this. we are getting ready to TTC in August, and I had an interview today for a job cleaning a doctor's office. got home and was talking it over with DH, and he said um tell them NO, you can't be using cleaning chemicals while you're pregnant!! that hadn't even occurred to me. did a google search but couldn't find anything that really answered my question... anyone know what the risk level is for the type of chemicals they would use in a doctor's office? thanks for reading.
#2 of 4 Old 06-15-2013, 08:19 AM

I would think it depends on the doctors office. Maybe they'd be willing to switch to greener ones, or maybe not since it's a doctors office. Not that greener cleaning products are always better, you really shouldn't be inhaling anything.

Another thing I would consider more than the risk involved with you cleaning with them, is how strong they smell! A pregnant you will not like that, trust me.

#3 of 4 Old 06-19-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the input! I contacted them and asked about the chemicals, and they didn't bother to get back to me. maybe they freaked out because I said the P word, but I didn't know how else to ask, you know?
#4 of 4 Old 06-19-2013, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the input! I contacted them and asked about the chemicals, and they didn't bother to get back to me. maybe they freaked out because I said the P word, but I didn't know how else to ask, you know?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page