cleaning chemicals and pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
hello! I am not pregnant yet, but thought this was the best area to post this. we are getting ready to TTC in August, and I had an interview today for a job cleaning a doctor's office. got home and was talking it over with DH, and he said um tell them NO, you can't be using cleaning chemicals while you're pregnant!! that hadn't even occurred to me. did a google search but couldn't find anything that really answered my question... anyone know what the risk level is for the type of chemicals they would use in a doctor's office? thanks for reading.

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would think it depends on the doctors office. Maybe they'd be willing to switch to greener ones, or maybe not since it's a doctors office. Not that greener cleaning products are always better, you really shouldn't be inhaling anything.

Another thing I would consider more than the risk involved with you cleaning with them, is how strong they smell! A pregnant you will not like that, trust me.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the input! I contacted them and asked about the chemicals, and they didn't bother to get back to me. maybe they freaked out because I said the P word, but I didn't know how else to ask, you know?

Old 06-19-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the input! I contacted them and asked about the chemicals, and they didn't bother to get back to me. maybe they freaked out because I said the P word, but I didn't know how else to ask, you know?

User Tag List