please vote - could this REALLY be a mere 7 week belly? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 07-01-2013, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was thinking about you, because I had a really big belly for a while and now at 16 weeks it's GONE! Poof! I also completely lost my appetite and haven't gained weight in a few weeks. So there you have it! Pregnancy is weird!
cricketschirpin likes this.

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#32 of 44 Old 07-01-2013, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

HA! Nice! Thank you scottishmommy! I'll take a POOF! if it happens! No fun about appetite loss though but if its not accompanied by nausea then I suppose there is something to be grateful for!?  bouncy.gif  Pregnancy is most definitely weird! I'm antsy for my first ultrasound, what a trip!

#33 of 44 Old 07-03-2013, 03:01 AM

I have had five babies and my belly always looks this large early on.  At 12-18 weeks I start getting comments..."Due any day now? You poor dear, in this heat."  I used to say no I am only such and such. By the last baby I just started saying,"Yes, any day now." My husband finds it amusing. If I told them how far along I was then they say stuff like, "I would get checked for twins or triplets?"  Some people just have no filter.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#34 of 44 Old 07-03-2013, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks seattlemamma! I know it right, and it astounds me especially when it comes from women who have already had 1+ baby/babies and should have more tact but say things like oh wow I can assure you - you are further along than you think.  Oh really?  And you know this from....your double secret xray vision? Heehee...

#35 of 44 Old 07-03-2013, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketschirpin View Post

Thanks seattlemamma! I know it right, and it astounds me especially when it comes from women who have already had 1+ baby/babies and should have more tact but say things like oh wow I can assure you - you are further along than you think.  Oh really?  And you know this from....your double secret xray vision? Heehee...

roflmboROTFLMAO.gif

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#36 of 44 Old 07-09-2013, 12:47 PM

Just wanted to say that I am 5'1" and pregnant with my 2nd at 13 weeks along and look like I did at 25 weeks pregnant with my first. When I was 7 weeks I looked similar to the photo you posted--I think being on the short-side really helps the little bump pop out!  I think you look beautiful and you are going to continue glowing for the rest of your pregnancy:)

#37 of 44 Old 07-09-2013, 07:48 PM

Well right now i'm 5 weeks pregnant, my muscles gave up the fight in the last two days, and all of a sudden, i look pregnant...like three or four months pregnant. I am  not much smaller than you right now My last pregnancy this didn't happen until 8ish weeks, and no I didn't have twins though everyone kept telling me i must have two babies in there. lol

My muscles seem to relax really early so I bloat up a whole bunch early on lol

#38 of 44 Old 07-21-2013, 08:35 AM

I could pass for 5 months and I'm only 3! I have tilted uterus so doc said that may be why I'm showing.

I think it's because I've gained 11 pounds, I saw a friend yesterday and she was shocked that I was only 12.5 weeks. I wanted to punch her when she looked at my belly and exclaimed--

"My god how far along are you?"
Me, "12.5 weeks."
Her, "Wow, that's it?"

I'm not a big woman, I'm 40 and wear a size 2 or 4, a 6 in non-maternity clothes now.

She's always been fat and I wanted to snap back with I'm pregnant! What's your excuse?! But I just smiled and said that I was happy.

Anyway, I think that smaller women can go either way not show for a while or if you're like me show early on.
#39 of 44 Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 AM

I tend to "pop" early. A few years ago I wasn't keeping too careful track of my cycles. At Thanksgiving my grandmother looked at me and said, "Are you pregnant? You look pregnant!" I looked down and realized I DID have a considerable "bump." That's how I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant with my youngest son.

I've also looked about four months pregnant with this baby pretty much since I was about 8 weeks. I think I was 10 or 12 weeks when a friend told me that I looked as big as she did at 9 months. (Of course, she said it nicely, in the context of, "It was so weird that I never got very big!")

And then, the other day, someone was pointing out how big I look now at 19 weeks, and another friend looked kind of embarrassed and pointed out that she and I are the same size -- and she's 12 weeks.

My point? You really can't tell that much from how "big" a woman's baby bump looks from the outside.
JenVose likes this.

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#40 of 44 Old 08-01-2013, 01:13 PM

It could be early pregnancy bloat. I had it with my daughter. Bloated up, looked 12 weeks pregnant first thing, and then the HG hit, lost 30 lbs  and I didn't look pregnant again until 20 weeks. 

:) You're also TEENY. 

http://magadociousrex.blogspot.com/  
We're a co-sleeping, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering , baby and toddler wearing family!

Roland 04/2010 30 hour labor. Vaginal but not natural birth. 

Zeisel 08/2012 15 hour labor, completely natural hospital water birth. 

goorganic.jpgtranstichel.giffamilybed2.gifbfinfant.gifslingtwin.gifwaterbirth.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifplacenta.gif

#41 of 44 Old 08-17-2013, 05:44 PM

I'm about 16 weeks along with my 3rd and I definitely was noticably pregnant at the 7/8ish week mark...visible bump...more so than with my 1st or second but I got a lot of "you must be having twins" comments for awhile...:)

artist mama to dd (5/06) and ds (1/09):, ::
#42 of 44 Old 09-10-2013, 09:12 PM

Hey to the OP I'm sooooo curious how your 9 week appointment went?! Did you ever get an ultrasound?!

#43 of 44 Old 09-10-2013, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
#44 of 44 Old 09-11-2013, 05:56 AM

Oh my gosh I am so sorry I feel awful for bringing this back up. greensad.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page