please vote - could this REALLY be a mere 7 week belly? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi there,

So I've been riding this awesome what I thought/think is 7 week pregnant ride and today I attended  my cousins fiance's baby shower.  My sister in law said umm sweetie, I think you are more like 3 - 4 months! I said no thats impossible. She said but I didn't show AT ALL for the first 3 mos and most people don't but you are clearly further along. What does the doctor say? I said ummm well she isn't going to see me until July 11 at my 9 weekish mark. She said hmmm ok well let me know what you find out I'm convinced you are much further along. 

Now I'm paranoid I mean I thought I've been looking bloated all along but now I wonder, could my last period have not really been a period? 

I'd love your opinion based on this picture I just took. Yes thats my party name tag on the back of my phone, lol.

Vote now, how many weeks do you think I look? Yikes!  P.S you can't offend me. wink1.gif

#2 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my, thank you so much for the giggle! Your belly looks absolutely gorgeous and I am sending congratulations on your pregnancy, but even if you were pregnant with triplets, I would think you were further along. I totally agree with your SIL, and closer to 4 months.
#3 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

OH MY GOD! Haha! I'm freaking out RiverSky!

Thats means I had maybe 3 periods that weren't periods??? It doesn't make sense to me. I'm stumped!

I got married on May 4th, had my period on May 9th, we had unprotected sex one time around ovulation (we always played it safe prior to that and didn't have sex ever around ovulation) and then I had a feeling this month so I took tests from 9 dpo(verrrry faint) and then finally it got dark on 15 dpo. So why would the test have taken so long to get dark?

Baffled I say baffled! Now I'm wondering if I should bump up my apt?  Also, I had an ultrasound done in May 15 for a fibroid check and wouldn't someone have seen something then?

I'm laughing but simultaneously scared I am further along then we thought!

PS thanks re my belly its been hard to HIDE. I kept thinking I was just really bloated!

#4 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 11:59 AM

I really can't say for sure about any of that. I have simply never seen anyone show, let alone have such a nice round belly at 7 weeks. I am pregnant with my fourth and didn't have much to show by 11 weeks. I don't think you need to bump it up though. just relax and take good care of yourself. smile.gif
#5 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 12:13 PM

Different people simply carry differently and even with different pregnancies.

I didn't show at all with my first until 6+ months. However with my second I was in a friends wedding around 8 weeks and I definately looked pregnant. We all had a moment of panic thinking I wasn't going to get into that dress. We made an emergency run for spanks and I wore the dress, but there was a round belly underneath it. I'll have to ask my friend if she's got any pictures. While there were brief confusions about a due date because I actually missed the period before I got pregnant I had early ultrasounds that showed I really was only 8 weeks pregnant. 

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#6 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks again RiverSky...I suppose if I was already past that worrisome 3 mos marker it wouldn't be so bad. I could see if I was another month along but beyond that I'd be pretty baffled.  I guess July 11th will tell me for sure! Until then I pray that if I AM further along - that I haven't done anything too stressful for baby. I drank at my wedding, and I really don't drink much on the whole, I was so stressed out leading up to the wedding with planning and the like, and we ate wayyy too much pizza, lol. I am normally an organic non gmo eating lady lots of greens, salads, good grass fed proteins but those couple months were rough (aka lots of chinese food and pizza take out) and I probably didn't make the best choices for those first couple (?) months. 

Ok all positive thinking I 'spose and if I AM only 7 weeks my body is clearly ready to be pregnant and just wants to show it! 

Maybe its all the dairy I've been craving! I'm talking cheese, ice cream, whole milk, you name it! I've been craving the heck out of it. Maybe its just a nice round DAIRY belly!

#7 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

JollyGG, thanks!  Oh my gosh thank goodness for spanks!  I'd love to see pics if you find them. So the ultra sound will be the definitive for me I guess. Just wait and see!  Easier said then done, haha.

#8 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 02:08 PM

If you have fibroids, I think that can affect how big your bump looks. Beautiful, though, however far along you are!

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#9 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Andaluza, thank you!

Yes the one fibroid I have is about the size of a golf ball (confirmed on a May 2013 ultrasound) growing out side my uterus so its possible thats contributing for sure. I kind of forgot about that contributing to some of my bump! 

#10 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 04:41 PM

I really think they would have noticed a 3 month old embryo on a prior ultrasound!! You're probably just bloated. Also, idk anything about your diet obviously, but depending on how it's changed recently, it could also be anything from water retention to good old fashioned weight gain.

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#11 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 04:46 PM

From what you've posted (about the period and the positive pregnancy tests starting iwth the very faint line getting darker) and you seem knowledgeable about your cycles (knowing when ovulation occurred) I would say that it's highly unlikely that you are more than 7 weeks. I've seen women who weren't pregnant at all look 4-5 months pregnant and I've seen women who are 4-5 months pregnant not look pregnant at all. I've known at least 2 moms who pop out "right away" and look noticeably pregnant that early, and I've known moms that barely look pregnant at like 7 months. Really, everyone is different...a lot has to do with how you carry and your overall body shape. I think short-torsoed women tend to look bigger earlier. Plus, if you have the fibroid, that could be making you look bigger as well. Really, it seems pretty unlikely you are further than 7 weeks, considering your period, and what you thought was ovulation and the very faint positive getting darker. I always had a faint positive when I tested before my expected period (around 11-12 dpo), but by 5-6 weeks pregnant, it was super dark...no matter when I took it..it was dark...so it seem pretty unlikely you would have had the faint positive getting darker if you were that far along. Oh..and Congratulations!! :)
JenVose likes this.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#12 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Dia

How one looks on the outside is no reliable indicator of how pregnant one is. Every body is so very different.

Congratulations! You do look beautiful smile.gif

Mama to one amazing ecbaby2.gif
#13 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Cynthiamoon, ameliabedelia, and dia thank you so much!  I'm still adjusting to it all so to have my sis in law plant that seed saying there was no way I wasn't further along threw me for a loop as the bloating has been here throughout this time.  My gut says I'm 7 weeks but I won't say there isn't a possibility because there always is.  Thank you all for your compliments, you made me feel good.  I've def been adjusting to the sudden weight gain and struggling with it a tad so on this 5'3" frame I went from this in my May 4th wed shot

AppleMark

to the one posted, big diff! I'm 100% happy about this pregnancy, in fact happy seems a pale word to how thrilled I am but it was definitely a very sudden pop out! 

Thank you all for your kind words, opinions, and support!

#14 of 44 Old 06-22-2013, 06:10 PM

Looks like my 7 week twin belly :)

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#15 of 44 Old 06-23-2013, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Adaline's mom, thanks! I would be just fine with that if there were two happy healthy little beans in there!
#16 of 44 Old 06-24-2013, 10:41 AM

Looks like not much more than my belly, at not quite 6 weeks and I KNOW I'm six weeks because I had to have surgery to have an IUD out in March... and I was temping and carefully tracking everything.  

I am carrying my fourth.

#17 of 44 Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Dia

Awe, what a beautiful wedding photo!!

Mama to one amazing ecbaby2.gif
#18 of 44 Old 06-24-2013, 11:14 AM

Beautiful photos! I love your wedding dress. Okay, I didn't look like the top photo until I was at least 27-28 weeks along w/DD. But this time around I was super bloated from around 5-8 weeks and definitely could've passed for 4-5 months if I didn't suck it in (the bloat has gone down since then). I totally agree with all the people who say it could be bloating, and if you're on the short side your frame just might show earlier. If you were really further along, I would have been really surprised that your tests were that faint. Either way, congratulations!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#19 of 44 Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks MommaCrystal (congrats on your 4th!) , Dia, and Blanca (congrats to you too!)!

My wedding dress cost $94 custom made to measurements on Etsy! I just love that place.

I agree the tests being so faint and then nice dark one 14/15 dpo I'd say this is a new little nugget in for the long haul.

I'm hoping it is just bloating. It's also in my hips and upper thighs.  In all those places mentioned I was also super tender like I had worked out hard up until say just this passed Friday. 

I'm still attributing a wee bit of the gain to some dairy love, haha! Sheepish.gif I normally don't regularly eat ice cream and since the day I think we conceived I've been non stop NEEDING it at the end of every day.  

#20 of 44 Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 PM

Personally, I'd never guess you were only seven weeks and you do look obviously pregnant, but by the additional information, it seems to me like you're at a pretty firm 7 weeks, especially since your first tests were fainter. When we told DH's family (I was around 6 weeks), one of his aunts said she already knew because I just "looked" pregnant. Everyone else seemed to think she was crazy, but I feel like I can see the distinct baby bump most days (which I definitely did not with No. 1). I might also cast a vote for possible twins on this pregnancy. And it's certainly a major difference from the wedding photo, so you've just "popped" early, it seems to me.

#21 of 44 Old 06-24-2013, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Personally, I think it's very rude to tell a pregnant woman she's big, let alone to insist she must be wrong about her dates! Yikes.

'Showing' can vary according to the length of your torso (shorter torsos show earlier), the condition of your abdominal muscles, bloating, hormonally-induced weight-gain, multiple vs single pregnancy... all sorts of things. Might be an idea to check for a multiple pregnancy, but you could just be an early show-er. You might even "shrink" later - my tummy fluctuated a lot with my second baby! It was weird - if I'd done one of those profile-shot-every-day YouTube videos it would have looked most peculiar!

Congratulations, anyway. :) Babies are awesome.

ilovetchotchkes and JenVose like this.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#22 of 44 Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM

I usually get a huge bump around 6 weeks, and it stays the same till 20 weeks! I think it's just bloat! You look beautiful!

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#23 of 44 Old 06-24-2013, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

JenVose, Smokering, and Scottishmommy, thank you for compliments and thoughts.

I was actually taken aback when my sister in law said that at first but she's always been very outspoken, she's just like that.

Yes my chart and the tests would indicate this is a new little love-bug growing inside.  So it could well be twins or just a popper because after waiting till nearly 40 years old I bet my body is pretty darned excited! :-)

Here is my chart and my pics in case you want to see for yourselves.  smile.gif  Thank you all again, this website is wonderful! I've gotten so much calmer through these early weeks as a direct result of wonderful women like yourselves. 

#24 of 44 Old 06-25-2013, 01:01 AM

Based on that beautiful chart and clear HPTs, you're definitely 7 weeks - congrats! As PPs have mentioned, early bloat will make a woman look a few months pregnant, but it often goes away within a week or two. With my first, I was so bloated at 5 weeks, but had to wear a particular dress for a work event, and was just sure everyone was going to know before I was ready to announce. Fortunately, no one said anything, and the bloat was gone within a couple of weeks. The really baby bump came at around 18 weeks. smile.gif
JenVose likes this.
#25 of 44 Old 06-25-2013, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks EA77!  If I got a reprieve from the bloat in another week or so I'd be pumped!  But if not I'll take it. There is a little sweet baby in there and I'll look huge for the sake of her growing safety if that's how its going to be.  :-)

You're so right, just makes it harder to hide and not tell people before your 3 mos have passed. winky.gif The outfits I've been creating are something else.  Not sure I'd win any points in the fashion world but my belly sure thanks me!

#26 of 44 Old 06-29-2013, 01:20 PM

I am 5'2 and protruded enormously with all of my babies!  There is just nowhere for them to go but out, lol.gif

That said, there are conditions that can cause an excess of amniotic fluid, and of course there could be more than one..  Your caregiver, who hopefully has very skilled hands and has felt lots of bellies, will have clues for you.

That said, you look wonderful and healthy!

cricketschirpin likes this.
#27 of 44 Old 06-29-2013, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Hippiemom! Hee-hee maybe more than one or maybe one big bun - on a small frame!
#28 of 44 Old 06-30-2013, 09:43 PM

Yep I reckon you are exactly right with your dates, each woman is different but I tend to pop fairly early too, congratulations!!!!
#29 of 44 Old 06-30-2013, 09:46 PM

Oh yeah and both my kids were big bubs at birth, most likely just a beautiful, healthy 7 week bean smile.gif
#30 of 44 Old 07-01-2013, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks hoping6384!

I am just rolling with my new roll! Haha, I also admit that my new found love affair with whole milk, butter, sour cream, cheese, and ice cream are not helping either. whistling.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page