Can a fight cause miscarriage? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2013, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and today discovered by chance that an old girlfriend from my DH's past, tried contacting him.   I am so angry and have been in tears and shaking, which would not be as severe, I don't think , were I not pregnant.  Now, after screaming at him and ending up shaking, I'm worried that I could cause harm to the baby or miscarry.  I don't like how badly this has gotten to me.  What I really don't like is his cocky attitude toward me and sauntering around like he's some sort of lothario.  I'm really abhorring him right now and I'm resenting feeling this way this early in pregnancy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've heard that stressful times can cause miscarriage, but the article I read about it (and it's been a while) was talking about longer term stress than one stressful reaction, like having a husband pass away while pregnant or something serious that would cause a long period of intense stress. I don't think a stressful day should cause trouble, but please do try to relax and take care of yourself. Her trying to contact him is nothing like him trying to contact her, which would be much more stressful, and maybe you can relax knowing that he wasn't the one trying to initiate contact.

Hugs to you!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:48 PM

I doubt it. Babies have been born during war and famine, times of unrelenting stress and anxiety.

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 PM

You are not the first (and will certainly not be the last) woman to get into a heated argument while pregnant. Emotions run high, hormones run high, and life happens. Take good care of yourself and destress whenever you can, but also forgive yourself when you can't.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
When I was pregnant with dd1 I was in an abusive relationship. He lied to the police and had me arrested. I was released the next day, but still, it caused me to lose my job. I moved back in with my parents and had to leave him. If you've ever been in abusive relationship you know how hard that is. Anyway, I was beyond stressed daily. And Bella was born healthy and fine.

Loving wife hug2.gif and Mama to hippie.gifBella (11), joy.gifArydona (6), guitar.gifKai (5) and Trin candle.gif born sleeping on 12/21/13 makebabe.gif ttc our next bundle of joy! ....intactlact.gif,hang.gif  homeschool.gif  
Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Granolamommie, wow.  That had to be very stressful.  I'm glad that you did the right thing by leaving, even if it was not easy.  You look really happy now :)  I'm so happy your daughter was born safe & sound.  Thanks everyone else.  Good points, especially about wars, famines, etc.  I now feel like an official whiner happytears.gif

Old 06-27-2013, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinxy View Post

You are not the first (and will certainly not be the last) woman to get into a heated argument while pregnant. Emotions run high, hormones run high, and life happens. Take good care of yourself and destress whenever you can, but also forgive yourself when you can't.

Yes, given the hormones, I don't think any babies would be born if fights caused miscarriage! Mine certainly wouldn't have been.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:52 PM

I worried about the same thing as I was shaking so hard during an argument while in 2 hours of traffic.  I was the one driving and screaming at my husband.  I was 9 weeks at the time and baby is 3 months now and very healthy and laid back.  Good luck.

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List