Growing Aches/Pains - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-29-2013, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I was wondering if we could chat a bit about growing pains.  I'm on my 4th pregnancy and I don't remember the aches/pains being as pronounced as they are now.  Anyone else?  Mine seem to kick in near mid-night and I am 10 weeks today.  My symptoms are all worse at midnight.  How about everyone else?  Any achy wombs out there? 

#2 of 2 Old 06-30-2013, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm also on my 4th pregnancy, 29 weeks.  You can look at my thread Round Ligament and Pelvic Pain.  

My pain is severe.  Gets worse with each pregnancy but I have discovered a lot  about it in the past few months.  There is a great article I posted about SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction). Some of us mamas are just really unlucky in the growing pains department.  I don't remember having very much issues with the first 2 pregnancies.  Maybe a little the second time.  My 3rd I did have a lot of pain.  This pregnancy it started very early like you and always at night.  As I got bigger it was horrible- unbearable! Throughout the day and always at night.  

Pretty much all doctors and midwifes are going to tell you it's normal and there is really nothing you can do.  It's not a recognized condition and there are no treatments.  Though my midwife did tell me they admit some women to the hospital and put them on a morphine drip the pain is so sever.  That's pretty much what any doctor will tell you if your experiencing a lot of pain- bed rest and painkillers.  My midwife suggest Chiropractic care and cutting all sugar and wheat from my diet.  I started going to the chiropractor.  I was rough at first but now I'm a LOT better!!  My pain has gone down 80-90% and I can sometimes sleep through the night (besides getting up to go to the bathroom or having burning acid indigestion keeping me up) I'm growing very rapidly now.  I have big babies and usually don't put on any weight until the last 3 months so I expect some pain. I have good days and bad.  

Good luck.

supermod.gif who isbelly.gifwith #4  has jumpers.gif . Believe in homeschool.gif,bfinfant.gif,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF,h20homebirth.gif,goorganic.jpg,saynovax.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page