Last night I had the strangest dream...and the night before...and the night before... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-01-2013, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Anyone else having the most bizarre dreams since finding out they were pregnant?  

I think I can truly say there has only been one night I haven't (well that I remember because I actually slept through the night and hard) and the rest are all so crazy I have no idea how to begin to attempt interpretation!

They are mostly sexual in nature but are all over the map! I don't generally wake up feeling jubilant either. They are just twisted enough where I wake up like UGH! Why did I dream THAT?  Ha!  Last nights dream involved my husband and I trying to do yard work on stilts (What tha...?) and I will spare you the kinkier side but it was really truly a frustrating dream!?!

So anyone else feel like their brains have been taken over by the strange and creepy dream fairy? horrors.gif

#2 of 9 Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Pregnancy can cause some bizarre dreams, its normal, but hopefully by bumping this up your post will catch some attention and maybe someone will advice for you or a similar story to share just to ease some of your...discomfort (?). 

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

#3 of 9 Old 07-01-2013, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Ha ha thanks jtapc90.  

Well yes I think, that I thought I'd be having dreams full of butterflies and kittens (not really but you know what I mean) since we're so happy and pregnant and life should be such a joy! But having the weird dreams is curious to me. The hormones for sure are brewing up the "out there" dreams...but I'll take a few kittens and butterflies spliced in too! winky.gif

Thanks for the bump!

#4 of 9 Old 07-01-2013, 10:57 AM

I always have vivid bizarre, and sometimes scary, dreams when I'm pregnant. I often wake up and tell my husband, "I just had the worst dream!" Luckily, this time around I have not had any dreams about any of my kids dying (which was a theme in the past), but I did have the most disturbing dream about my husband trying to breastfeed the baby. It was awful.

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#5 of 9 Old 07-10-2013, 04:42 PM

I've had lots of weird and vivid dreams too. I kind of always have, but my pregnancy dreams have had a lot more sex and baby hopes/anxiety themes that are new. I also had sleep orgasms, which I guess aren't as rare as they seemed at first! 

Writing about life-long learning and discovery at: www.neoapprentice.com 

:: A neo-apprentice knows there are no true masters. 

25yo FTM to a Wiggle Panda diaper.gif, student teacher read.gif, newlywed love.gif 

#6 of 9 Old 07-13-2013, 06:37 AM

Yeah I've had many weird dreams in all my pregnancies, as for sexy stuff. I dreamed I had really athletic dirtiness with Vin Diesel when I was pregnant with my youngest...Im not even attracted to Vin Diesel! lol

This time my dreams have just been strange so far, no sexy stuff yet. when I do i'm sure that will be weird too lol

#7 of 9 Old 07-13-2013, 08:55 AM

Gross. Last night I dreamt that my breasts were still full of old, spoiled milk from my last baby (who weaned almost 3.5 years ago), and I had to express it all to get it out before this baby comes. It was super nasty. greensad.gif

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#8 of 9 Old 07-13-2013, 07:44 PM

I've had strange dreams while pregnant. With DD i remember dreaming about giving birth to kittens lol.gif. It seemed totally normal while i was dreaming it! Another dream i was laboring in a hotel room and people kept messing with me, including my mother. I couldn't give birth with all the obnoxious energy around me. That dream was poignant in terms of symbolism.
#9 of 9 Old 07-18-2013, 05:06 PM

Happens to me too.  Especially during the second trimester--third trimester, I never get enough sleep to dream about ANYTHING. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page