Pretty sure I'm here/blue dye tests? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-04-2013, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all,

I think I'm here for March!

I'm only roughly 2-3 days late. I have gotten two positive blue dye (two line, not plus sign) tests. I spaced out and thought since it was a two line, it was automatically a pink dye. Prego brain? I keep reading various places that there is a line on those almost always. Yesterday after work-- so, drinking water and coffee and peeing all day-- I had an immediate, light to medium dark (does this matter?) line. This morning I thought I'd have a super dark line with FMU, but it seems lighter. It's there, but I expected something more convincing with FMU.

Other info- I've had an almost non stop headache for 1.5 weeks or so, belly bloat like crazy, fatigue, face breakouts that are totally different than anything I've had before, and spaced out preggo brain already!....but ZERO of my usual pms or early pregnancy symptoms (besides bloating), my boobs aren't sore or swollen which pms or pregnant always happens. I've been quite irritable.

I had an early miscarriage with my first pregnancy (6 yrs ago) and light lines with pink tests, so I'm nervous. I went on to have a healthy pregnancy after that.

Has anyone had a light blue test/s and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? The holiday is killing me, all I want to do is get a beta and my ob is closed tomorrow as well. My family doc is open though... 

Thanks for any insight!!

#2 of 3 Old 07-06-2013, 01:05 AM

In right there with you. So far I have taken 4 tests- 1 Wondfo that has the darkest line of all of them, 1 blue dye that is clearly there but quite light, 1 FRER that you have to squint and look at in really bright light to see, and 1 dollar store test that is also a squinter. But it is still early for me. Never tested early with DS or DD but did with the early loss i had in February and they started out light so I am going crazy with these light lines! Really hoping this one sticks. Sending sticky baby dust your way as well!

-Laura

wife of Ben

mommy to DS Dade 10/10/10 & DD Elloree 12/14/11

TTC #3

goorganic.jpg   h20homebirth.gif   saynovax.gif   homeschool.gif   blogging.jpg

#3 of 3 Old 07-06-2013, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

I waited a day and broke down and got a digital and there's no denying the "Pregnant" on the screen. No more guessing with light lines! I'm still having typical symptoms, but no breast pain which has always been an early indicator for me. Oh well, I shouldn't complain! I'm just going to hang tight until Monday and get my beta checked. I feel safe this time, but after experiencing a loss, I like getting 2 or 3 to ease my mind. 

I must confess in a safe place that this was not planned (but clearly possible, which we both knew) but has turned out very unwanted by SO. Giving him time to process it, but it looks like I may be alone in this. That might be a topic for another forum altogether. 

However-- I didn't take any more line tests to see them get darker but the digital really eased my mind dealing with light lines. I think you're supposed to wait until you're period is due to start with them, though. I took mine 4ish days after mine was due. Good luck and sticky baby dust to you as well!! Here come March babies :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page